1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Roy Keane is * *, * me man are people wanting this guy okay??? Neil Lennon mark 2 ffs. There is a reason his last management job was 10 years ago and it was * Ipswich he's absolutely * miles off it, need to get away from wanting some * because they're passionate or a Celtic man ect if he was any good he wouldn't be sat working for Sky right now he's a mouth and thats it. Same goes for O'Neil he's a dinosaur and not what we need. No body knows how good Duff is so he can get to * as well, * wake up and smell the coffee folks if we get some * like Keane, O'Neil, Duff, we are * might as well give Huns league next year now as well, jobs for for boys ffs.

Get some * in who's a proper manager with a proper idea and is tactically spot on instead of someone who's gonna want to come in and shout to scare players like Lennon did, we are past that now, push the * boat out get Eddie Howe or hire a proper manager with a proper director of football not some random * who's mates with Desmond.

Roy Keane man * me

2. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    As a pundit there's no question Keane is box office, but he's never a manager, i think it's important to seperate the 2 things tbh.

Hammy89, martin_d and King of Kings like this.
  3. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Cant believe anyone would want Keane.

We’ve been talking about the importance of disregarding the whole former player connection when it comes to picking a new manager, or indeed signing new players.

The likes of Keane and Collins are mentioned and you get a few fans actually keen to take them. Neither would even be thought of as having a chance at the job if it wasn’t for the former player/Irish connection.

Let’s just focus on appointing a manager who has a track record of being good at management. Their nationality should never come into it.

seanm likes this.
  4. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    This Keane idea can get so far to *

seanm likes this.
  5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Keane did say great club's bounce back the other day..

I reckon there's something in it :fear:

6. Mr. Slippyfist

John Collins as Director of Fitba
    Roy Keane as manager

Wow :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

7. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    A couple of folk on kds have said Maresca has been spoken to

8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    "Once we spoke to Roy, we binned Rafa and all the other application's"..

9. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Would consider not even watching Celtic next season if that happens.

paulo123 and The Dude like this.
  10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Keane is a good laugh on Sky Sports but it’s so clear how much of a dinosaur he is.

Whenever a team loses, all he can hit out with is “they never made tackles, there was nobody running through brick walls for the manager” etc.

Much like Lennon, he thinks it’s all about running around and “wanting it”.

martin_d and richie87 like this.
  11. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA

I agree we need a management team that are capable of producing a forward thinking team that no only carry the passion of the fans onto the field but have the technical and tactical know how to win games even in the CL

12. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Feel the same, he would be another Lennon.

13. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Has to be a huge no. As a general football fan I loved watching Keane when I was a boy. Like most of us, I nearly wet myself with excitement when he signed for us as player.

This is just making the same mistake twice though isn't it. Their are so many direct comparisons between Keane and Lennon it's untrue. Considered tough straight talkers. Passionate, Celtic minded and huge ties with someone we all hold dear in Martin O'Neil. Their is even that ideal vision were Keane is taking us to whole new levels. The ideal is never the reality though. Like Lennon Keane certainly has the ability to pick a fight, often in the wrong places too. Like Lennon his vision of football is clearly outdated and far to simplistic. I can't see any kind of tactical evolution being born under a Keane reign.

I mentioned ranieri the other day. Out of interest I googled his wages. £34K a week is what is being reported. £1.7M per year. We supposably paid Rodgers £47K a week. That was also found after a quick Google search.

Let that just sink in. Someone like ranieri with a proven CV couldvcost us less than Brendan did. So why are we looking at Keane? I'd imagine their is absolutely nothing in this story.

As some have already said aswell love watching Keane on sky, find him really funny and fourth right. Watching that as our manager could be a cringe fest though

14. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

Reckon it will be Keane but then again so did I in 2016 before we appointed the rat. We live in hope.

15. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    Can we at least get a wee bit of good news and announce a top quality coach/manager that lifts the crowd the way rodgers did?

seanm likes this.
  16. seanm

Defo.HH

17. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    Thought people have given up calling him a rat, it’s clear lawwell was being a * with trying to act like a DOF and not backing rodgers, he’s obviously thought * being at a club only content with winning domestically and went to a club with ambition. Lennon on the other hand knew he wasn’t good enough but stayed on which cost us the league and gave us a torrid time in Europe overall.

18. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Well said mate. I * love Keane but it would be a mistake. I would sooner taker Lampard (even though I don’t rate him). Good shout on Ranieri.

stubhoy07 likes this.
  19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    "Desire"..

20. Jmac402

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I think Keane would be a good shout. I like the cut of his jib and he has all the experience and attributes to succeed in the role (his bellicose style would work wonders rather than have the opposite effect, imo). Give him a rolling contract right now. It wouldn’t be ruinous as some folk on here anticipate. Besides, the huns will do * all in the Champions’ League next season; will be out on their * quicker than quick. In fact, I reckon Slavia will knock them out of Europa. I think it would be worth the gamble at this stage to give Keane a chance; as per my points above, I don’t think there’s anything to lose in these early stages of rebuilding.