1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Another with their head in the sand.

Lennon has the stability of the players and the club? You mean the players who look disinterested and appear to have lost any faith in the manager.

The vice captain has twice come out and criticised the lack of organisation on the pitch and questioned the tactics. They all look drained of confidence and clueless on the pitch.

The fact your alternative is Strachan tells me all I need to know. * clueless.

littlekennie likes this.
  2. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Gordon Strachan? Jeezo. We really are in the *.

Who else would be on your list? Keane, Coyle and McCarthy?

3. davidhannah

You might be right. I think were done for if the performances don't change. Maybe as an interim manager, Strachan might be the guy. He might take us forward with old school, 4-4-2 tactics, that beat the AC Milans etc. He's got it in him. He's got a good footballing brain. We've got the individual quality in the team to get the results. Europe's away. It's not important anymore we're out. I don't know what's going to happen. Well need to see how we perform against Motherwell.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
  4. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    This and if Lennon goes we'll * up the 10 :56:
    Jesus, even without a manager we would win against Well. He has a footballing brain :giggle1: All he ever dies is relying on his favourits and individual class. Whenever he tries to be smart, we bottle it. Every big game this season, except the cup semi final, we lost pathetically. When I watch our games under Lennon I always wonder if he just told them to go out and give their all like in an * league because I've never seen a game plan. There's no risk at fire him anymore because for 3 months he has failed to improve us. That's more than enough time to change something, to try something new but he decided to deny any downward trend even though every fan saw it. What adds to that is that the manager is the weakest link in the attempt to fix a broken team. As easy as that.

5. Popes 11 Guest

Don't think Strachan would want the burden! It's a extremely bad situation and league position for any new manager to take this job on, beginning of the season would have been the time PL has done us all in here with the Lenny appointment.

6. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Get that to actual f*ck. blaming it on one guy who has done barely anything to warrant the criticism he’s been getting bar not be called Fraser Forster.

Peej likes this.
  7. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    May as well make it the dream team of Paul Hartley and Steven Presley

Breathnach67 likes this.
  8. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Aye, had to * laugh at Charlie Mulgrew criticising anyone’s command of the English language. Anytime I’ve heard Deila interviewed he speaks perfectly good English, I think the real problem there was guys like *shock horror* Charlie Mulgrew, Kris Commons and even Scott Brown, didn’t like some wee Norwegian guy telling ‘the lads’ what to do. Can’t imagine why Charlie and Kris lasted all of about 2 weeks under BR.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
  9. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    So if they dont want to play for Lenny then they can just chuck it against Motherwell and he will be gone

They chucked it against sparta and the Huns so it's not out of their character

Breathnach67 likes this.
  10. Mince.Charming

Give me a dressing room full of so called lads like Mulgrew, Commons, Hooper, Matthews and Stokes, over huffy French * who don't want to be here and think they're too good for us.

One of our problems is we have kept players that don't want to play for us. Causing a split in the dressing room.

cfcturbo likes this.
  11. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Dont want Strachan, past sell by date.

12. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

The main problem mate is that we've recruited a manager that can't engage with them to get the best out of them.

Breathnach67 and Peej like this.
  13. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    It’s more than that this team is used to Brendan Rodgers professionalism vast majority of the players do not support lennys way of things the no striker upfront against ferencvaros was the straw that broke the camels back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MyNameIsMartin likes this.
  14. oh bhoy

can people suggesting strachan not remember his stint here he was getting booed off when he was winning

Last edited: Nov 7, 2020
  15. Mince.Charming

Ntcham had downed tools under Rodgers too. Lennon was getting praised for getting him back on form last year.
    Even Dembele and Boyata did too no matter what anyone says about Rodgers.
    Eddie has seen how they forced moves and tried that in the summer.

16. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

35 hours gone, 27 to go.

Any word how the culture change is progressing?

17. Mince.Charming

Can you not remember Rodgers last season?
    Dembele forced a move.
    Ntcham had chucked it.
    Boyata had chucked it . He'd fell out with Gamboa too.

This is the way these * act to force moves.
    If we sold Eddie and Ntcham the board would have been slaughtered and that's why we kept them.
    In hindsight having players like that in the dressing room is cancerous.
    We should have kept Hayes too.
    And I wish to * we signed Marshall instead of Barkas

18. MyNameIsMartin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and over
    The coaching level must be shocking at Lennoxtown. What happens there directly impacts what happens on the pitch. We're devoid of ideas and, although I love the guy, have a manager who is holding us to ransom by holding his hands up and taking responsibility at the club and leaving gracefully. Instead we could be 9th in the league and still spew the same *. I thought after the ferancfaros game we were close to things coming together and falling into place but this has gone pear shaped.

Never wanted him full time but appreciate he took us across the finishing line when Rodgers abandoned ship. What is he after? The big payoff? Is he really gonna stay just to collect that rather than gracefully stepping down? He's too stubborn. We'll be nowhere near finishing first with him and his coaching staff at the helm. Players have to step up, too. This Jenga block is slowly being demolished. I'm hopeful that we can win 10IAR. Would love NL to be the one who does it but things are shockingly bad. So bad, in fact, that it almost looks intentional.

He has to resign or he'll forever be known as man who stopped 10IAR.

19. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    To be fair he done better with little teams in England than Lennon did. Make of that what you will.

20. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

Same * that chucked it under Deila ?