1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

"Pot Is The New Gay Marriage"

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by greengrocer, Jun 5, 2013.

Discuss "Pot Is The New Gay Marriage" in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. pod

'Course they would:smiley-laughing002:

2. cfc_kenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It's a bit ridiculous that weed is still ilegal in most countries. It's infinitely safer that tobacco and alcohol.

I don't understand why straight people get married let alone gay people. If two people love one another, * all the paperwork and complications involved in marriage.

There's no way you could get 6 good joints out of 1gram unless the weed is really dense. 0.2 of a gram per joint is next to nothing.

You can get 3g of less quality weed for approx £20, but it's like anything - you get what you pay for. Would much rather 1g of better quality gras for 15s than 3g of sub-standard.

3. Celticbhoy17

With most skunk you can get about 5 or 6 joints from a gram. I never buy pollen or pollum or any of that dusty * you get. I rarely get hash aswell cos its to much hassle having to heat it up and all that. I always buy jut 1 or 2 grams of skunk or budha cheese and it's pretty good up here.

4. Celticbhoy17

how much is it in america? I know for a fact I'm getting massively ripped off when I buy weed as you can buy seeds online for 12-5 quid! They could sell it for 30 an ounce and still make massive profits.

EDIT: Just checked and they sell an ounce in California for around 280 - 350 dollars :52: still a * rip off! Thats why it's cheaper just to grow your own ;)

5. goodybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    That's what's happened in california mate. Its everywhere and anyone and everyone can get a medical card as easy as walking into a doctor. Paying him 60 $ and he gives you a card. In arizona its more strict but washinton just fully legalized it. Don't really know how that's been going over there because even though we vote things to be legal in the state. The federal government can step in and chage you with felony charges which means the law your state passed doesn't mean *. if we (the government) want to, we can charge you for anything we want. Obama has been pretty cool with the weed dispenceries (weed shops) where the bush adminastration used to shut them down all the time and charge decent people with federal crimes that took their time to apply for a medical dispencery license, filling out paperwork and doing everything accordingly to state law but then to be told that you'll be spending the next 3-10 years. Its bullshit in that sense so I guess we'll see how it continues to either grow or get closed down after obama's last term.

6. cfc_kenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I'll only buy top, cured weed too, but unless you're only rolling a joint for 1 person then 0.2 grams is very little. I would say 1g would get 4 good joints max. The cheeses are nice :50:

7. pod

No idea, I dont live in the US. I know they could make a profit but its the UK govt. we're talking about here. £15 per gram is over the odds mate. Think about £10 per gram is more the going rate.

Imo if it were legalised the price would be about the same for a couple of years, then it would steadily increase. I dont think it would be legalised though as there are a lot of rich people making a lot of money from it.

8. goodybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Aye mate there's not much price difference which would make you want to get the card. But it does give you a get out of jail free card when he coppers pull you over. They'll still try n fhck with you but they legally can't do *.

N aye its still about the same price over here. I actually thought it was cheaper in scotland but Ive heard its expensive as * in scotland now. I pay $20 a gram from my guy, or he does 2 for 35 or 55 a half Quarter, 100$ a farmers daughter. But the good thing about over here is that my weed guy has a card and can drive around with up to 3 ounces at a time. So he comes to me, no dodgy car park meet ups, he let's me take a look at the different types (usually about 6 different types) and then leaves. Best service you can ask for. No * about, its like a pizza service .... hense why I still live here haha

Oh and $280 is 181.78 Pounds and $350 comes to 227.23 Pounds ... and a quarter comes to about 45-55/60 Pounds a quarter depending on quality

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2013
  9. The67Sound

More critical view of Obama's record here mate:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/obamas-war-on-pot-20120216

...but I live in the U.K so not up on the U.S situation.

10. The67Sound

what's cured mate?

11. The67Sound

When did weed dealers move to the metric system? Has there been an E.U directive? Are we not allowed to buy 8ths any more?

12. goodybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    N I'm sure my wee sis was telling me people over there in glasgow are getting charged per gram, so a quarter cost 7 x 20 =140 pounds a quarter. Now that, I have a problem with! the price should always go down the more u buy. Anyone else had these types of prices for good quality bud ? (Not the mad dense * the chinese triads try selling around scotland)

13. AbBhoy

What the *.

Anyway I don't really understand being opposed to either of those things.

14. Seosamh Máirtín

Keep up the derogatory comments and you'll just be treated with contempt, like some other posters on here.

What has taxes got to do with human rights, anyway? And aye, let's legalise something that damages peoples lives and those around them, before legalising something that brings people peace. :rolleyes:

15. goodybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA

Good article mate! This paragraph stuck out the most for me as I believe that the government have been getting their arm twisted somewhere. Maybe because people aren't buying their addictive pain medicine anymore or maybe because they want more people in prison (private prisons all over the country make money from each prisoner) its a business in America, that's why they sentance them so high and barley try to rehabilitate them.

" The White House, for its part, insists that its position on medical pot has been "clear and consistent." Asked for comment, a senior administration official points out that the Ogden memo was never meant to protect "such things as large-scale, privately owned industrial marijuana cultivation centers" like the one in Oakland. But the official makes no attempt to explain why the administration has permitted a host of federal agencies to revive the Bush-era policy of targeting state-approved dispensaries. "Somewhere in the administration, a decision was made that it would be better to close down legal, regulated systems of access for patients and send them back to the street, back to criminals," says DeAngelo. "That's what's really at stake."

Could be many reasons the adminastration is having to do this. I have noticed its been happening round my city a lot in the last 6 months than it has the last 2 years. Obama was usually cool with this. Must be something twisting his arm. Wonder what??

16. me.CelticBhoy88

Be aware guys, discussion of purchases etc is against site rules and will see rules enforced

Drugs...
    The discussion of drugs as a topic is allowed on the site, however no talk of purchasing/selling is allowed.

This discussion is not to gloat about experiences, ie whats good stuff or bad stuff etc. The site wont be held responsible for anyone who takes it upon themselves to go and "experiment" in the use of illegal drugs.

Serious discussion only.... not braggers paradise.

17. goodybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Ok officer lol u want to see my medical card?

18. goodybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    This is the problem in britain. You can't say or do anything without the government trying to strip you of your freedom of speech. Can't sing certain songs about freedom fighters because one mans freedom fighter is another mans terrorist.

And the whole thing conerning the weed in Britain. They have medical records that are the exact oppisite of american ones. Saying it kills brain cells, not good for your health. Well I know people over here that are all addicted to medication the government give out like candy and some of them will never be the same people I met when I moved here. America has a big pill problem, its so inbeded in their culture, its almost as big as the scottish stereotype of all liking a good fight (which we do)

Weed is safer than */booze and pills combined.

19. Celticbhoy17

In my utterly retarded neck of the woods, an 8th is a 'half quarter':52:

20. Celticbhoy17

oh aye cos weed damages people's lives... If everyone smoked weed and didn't drink the world would be a very peaceful place.