1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Possible Wolves interest Graveson

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by hoops no7, Jun 23, 2008.

Discuss Possible Wolves interest Graveson in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. hoops no7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    fields of athenry, ynwa
    From Sky Sports web page

Although his agents playing it down, lets hope his agents lying!!
    Apparently this has been reported in local media in Wolverhampton also

Thomas Gravesen could be set to return to pre-season training with Celtic in a bid to reclaim his place at Parkhead.

Gravesen struggled to impress manager Gordon Strachan last season and was sent out on loan to former club Everton.

But the ex-Real Madrid player, who has one year to run on his current Celtic contract, also failed to reproduce the form of his first spell at Goodison Park.

It was, therefore, expected that Strachan would look to offload Gravesen this summer and that the Danish international would also be keen for pastures new.

Wolves interest

However, when asked if Gravesen would return to pre-season training with the Bhoys, the 32-year-old's agent John Sivebaek said: "I think so."

Rumour has suggested that Wolves boss Mick McCarthy is interested in securing Gravesen's services, but Sivebaek claims he has yet to receive any contact from the Championship club.

"I don't know, I've got no idea to be honest. I've not heard anything about Wolves," added Sivebaek.

2. Dan1888

Please be true ffs any offer will do as long as he is gone by the begining of the season.

3. Richmal

I just dont get the Graveson thing.what happened to him.was it a mental health issue...or something.......a part of me wishes he would stay and tutn out to be brilliant for us................but i doubt it....

4. pHatRon67

Exactly what I was thinking mate.

He was brilliant for Everton, always getting in n' about the mix of games. Would like to see him come on to a game at Celtic but I don't think he will. Loaning him out was probably better in the long run but it didn't help the Celtic fans opnion about the player. At 32, I'd let him walk and cut our losses, he's taking up an enormous chunk of the wage bill.

If he wants to stake a claim for first team, let him, if he manages to oust, Hartley, Robson, Brown or even Donatti, I'll be surprised.

5. Celticnut

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc,Andy Hinkel,Georgios Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He won't leave for Wolves.Put yourself in his position,would you?

6. Richmal

And one other thing.he scored a cracker v the huns.did we lose any games to huns when he played?......

7. hoopymo

Fav Celtic Player:
    paul mcstay,Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
  8. ellboy

Fav Celtic Player:
    BOBO,AIDEN,ATRUR,NAKA
    Wolves have just put there defensive midfielder Seyi Olifinjana on the transfer list. He has a clause in his contract that said if Wolves failed to win promotion last season then they would put him on the transfer list as per his wishes.

I like this guy looks a good player and reports say he´s available for around 1.75 mil as per his contract. Maybe a swap could be on the cards but maybe not.:84:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2008
  9. Rosario FC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain, Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, The Celtic Song
    I would suspect that if Olifinjana has a clause like that in his contract, its because he wants to play in the EPL. But, the draw of the Champions League is a strong one, so who knows. I really do think we need to cut or losses with Graveson now though, if possible without a compromise (swap deal).

10. Flashback

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Hmm a Celtic captain did not so long ago, I think asking a board full of Celtic fans was always going to get the answer you were looking for really :rolleyes:

See if they'll take Donati too into the bargain :50:

11. joshua767

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgeady, Robson.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, hail hail, athenry
    he lost us that game at old trafford losing possesion for oth goals. and much more went unpunished from his big bald head

12. col_p67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke, John Collins
    But then he was fantastic in the next leg against Man Utd.

13. pHatRon67

At 32? rejected by your original 'big club' (everton) failed at Madrid and Celtic. Aye, I would.

14. pHatRon67

Was he? can't remember that. From what I remember we were * on most of the game scored a cracking freekick, he certainly didn't stand out.

All I remember is him running around in the midfield like a headless chicken doing nothing apart from finding himself out of position and ahead of the strikers. The guys a tool.

15. hoops no7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    fields of athenry, ynwa
    Lets be honest, does anyone care where he goes aslong as we get his wages of the weekly bill!!
    Although wish him well for the future, he was definetly a character

16. hairytoes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ceasar, Maestro, Lubo, Henrik, Naka, Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I think that both he & Bobo will not want to leave of their own accord, as if they "stay & fight for their place", (Agent speak for sitting on yer * in the stands while earning 30k a week) Celtic will be forced to give them a pay out, to get them to *!

They then head off with their pockets buldging, to sign for a championship side - who will give them a hefty signing on package.

Nice "work", if you can get it!

17. david_trezeguet

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Rock on Rock all
    a would be happy for tommy grav to stay this guy i think is good he scores goals he gets stuck right in 2 old firm games has he not been the first goal scorer in both? hat trick against st mirren also when he was at everton a remember the uefa cup match against fiorentina match goes to penalties whose the first man up and scores tommy grav he told davie moyes i will go first thats why he put him on with mins left so he could to the penalty balls of steal and confidance the only thing up with him is he has no concentration and runs around like a headless chicken no wonder with girl freind like his a would have no concentration after a night with her :56::52:

naka donati sno good players for parkhead and the champions league but * going to ibrox with them just leave them on the bus! they aint up for the fight at ibrox! lets get tommy grav scotty brown barry robson and paul hartley in that squad and get stuck right into them :47:

18. Celticnut

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc,Andy Hinkel,Georgios Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    You could also look at it from the viewpoint that he's played in arguably the three best leagues in the world.He's played at big clubs.He's played in the CL.He knows he's not going to get a contract that is even half as big as what he is getting here.Coming to the end of his career he is going to milk football for as much money as he can get.