1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[POLL] Are you satisfied with the appointment of Neil Lennon as manager?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by celticfan01, May 26, 2019.

Discuss [POLL] Are you satisfied with the appointment of Neil Lennon as manager? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Never seen you in Celtic Chat so much in my puff.

And it's to attack Neil Lennon. Not just his managerial skills, but the personality of the man.

Speaks volumes that the man's bald refusal to bow down to huns fills you with so much anger.

2. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

With some of the names being mentioned in the last few weeks I'll admit, I had higher hopes than Neil. However I'm certain he will lead us to 10 so I am fully behind him.

TheHappyLoss and Britwell bhoy like this.
  3. Cupid Stunt

Still no.

4. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I was the same . Names like Rafa being mentioned i was a bit dissapointed at first when Lenny was announced but i will be behind him 100%

Sean Daleer likes this.
  5. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Same here really. I'm not thrilled but I'm not devastated either. He's not a managerial great, but he knows what he's doing.

Surely the board will now know what a big Summer we have ahead of us? Brown has said a couple of times that loads of players will be leaving, and Lawwell himself said after the Cup Final that we're needing a rebuild for next season. We need a couple of players to add a bit more quality and dynamism to the starting XI and we'll be good to go for 9IAR.

StPauli1916 and Sean Daleer like this.
  6. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I think people who were thinking about the likes of Benitez or Mourinho were deluding themselves.

Even Martinez who I think is a shocking manager is being approached by Barca by all accounts.

What were peoples expectations?

7. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

We've been crying out for the club to call out the cheating and chicanery from the governing body in this country. No worries on that front anymore :giggle1:

Gabriel, Gyp Rosetti and Liam Scales like this.
  8. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Where’s the ‘over the moon’ option?

9. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Yaaaaaaaaaas! On yee * go ya mad *. Get him telt. :84:

Sean Daleer likes this.
  10. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I'll admit I got sucked into the Benitez speculation. It seemed as if it had genuine legs at one point. Maybe it did who knows?

It's moot now anyway. Neil Francis Lennon is the manager for 10 and it's time to get behind him.

Just Kieran likes this.
  11. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Always thought it was pretty bonkers mate, people were taking clips of him from English newspapers getting frustrated at his stingy boss that he would come here :56:

12. leeso-ardoyne

Wanted a big name as in Rafa or Jose and was very disappointed we didn't get them. But when one really thinks about it, Scotland is a * league compared to others. Yes I know ain't our fault as we only can beat who's put out in front of us but realistically, Rafa and Jose would never come here while the state this league is in. Celtic went for the cheap option yet again and we just hope to * they haven't * this 10IAR up by appointing him. Rangers will be stronger next year that's a given. I know every * goes on how * they are but if morless(spelling) hadn't been a live wire, they'd have been closer than what they where . Plus next season they'll be getting b4 pens again, no reds when they should have been, offside goals getting let go. Well defo be up against it next season so I hope Lenny can take the pressure because if his gasket blows, it could * is.

13. James Gold Member Gold Member

I'll back him 100% still not satisfied though. Unless we get a calendar

14. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Not entirely thrilled by the appointment as it comes across as the cheap option.

What will make or break it though is if he’s fully backed by the board or not. If he is backed by the board and gets the players he wants then I see no problem. If on the other hand he isn’t backed and gets bargain basement deals then it could go all Pete tong rapidly

15. joemc

now repeat ,mirror mirror on the wall ..

16. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I’m over it now tbh.

He’s the Manager, he now receives 100% backing until it becomes apparent that he shouldn’t be.

One thing that he’ll always have is the fact he’s a genuine supporter and Celtic is his Club. He won’t be a spineless weasel and leave us in the lurch.

17. oh bhoy

Don't know how anyone can be satisfied when lawwell didn't bother his fat * looking at anyone else.it's the same with the players we never seem to get the best possible option

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  18. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Thing is all the names linked look what they are and what cash they are on

Marco Rose - bundesliga
    David Wagner - bundesliga
    AVB - £70k a week Marseille
    Rafa £86k a week Newcastle
    Martinez - Barcelona bound

StPauli1916 likes this.
  19. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    If you seriously believe that we never looked at who was applying for the job your off your head. Ever consider the fact those who applied were Owen Coyle, Paul Lambert and Malky Mackay? Why would we reveal or even consider applications from * stains like them, who incidentally all knocked us back when they thought they were too good fo us?

You might have wanted some left field hipster specs wearing manager with their Gegenpress * talk and mid life crisis hair cut but maybe the board don't and want a safe and sensible option as the last appointment from the continent promising golden eggs was a useless *.

Gabriel likes this.
  20. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Lawwell himself has come in for a lot of criticism, normally a chairman will get criticised if the club isn't successful on the park or isn't being run properly, financially we are in a good place and are in the midst of a period of domestic domination like no other.

I can understand that Lenny's appointment could be viewed as a lack of ambition or the cheap option, time will tell if that is the case or not, the main indicator will be the recruitment over the summer and how strong we will be going into the new season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.