1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

PlayStation 5

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by Valhalla, Oct 8, 2019.

Discuss PlayStation 5 in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
  2. dmccourt95

Absolutely * all worth buying it for until next year

3. paulo123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Surely they will reveal some other big games before the release? I * hope so anyway.

4. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    No * price either ffs

5. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    Excluding the middle with all the indie * that was great show imo. Spiderman, gran turismo, demon souls, resi8, and especially horizon are massive reveals, some of the new ips at beginning looked great too. Love the design but my worry is the cost, if you get the headphones, wireless controller charging station, and a remote all in the package I cant see it being less than 500. I'd be fine with 500 but I hope it's not more cause obviously you have to buy the games aswell.

6. paulo123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    They will all be extras to buy mate i think.

7. dmccourt95

The digital version will be about 400/450, the 2TB size was rumoured to be 600

8. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    I'm sure they'll knock a good bit off the price for the digital version. They might even take a loss on that one as they'll still end up making all sorts of profits by locking people into their overpriced digital store.

Saying that I mostly only buy stuff off the PSN store nowadays anyway. I don't mind waiting until most things go on sale, or just building up a library with PS Plus.

9. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    A bit underwhelmed by that tbh, although Demons Souls and Resident Evil did look pretty good, thought the Gran Turismo trailer could've been better.

No quite sure about the shape of the console lol.

10. paulo123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Canny whack a bit of oddworld lol.

Fully87 and Markos1972 like this.
  11. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Sony will have to deliver with exclusives right out of the gate..

Especially with the Series X having the advantage of being a significantly more powerful console and full backwards compatibility..

12. Fully87

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Anyone else really disappointed with that? Gameplay wise It's just the same games as the past 2 generations, Where's the ambition and originality? Graphics aswell are the smallest step up ever in a generation, even smaller than the gap between ps3/360 to ps4/xbone. Will still buy one right enough at launch for the Demon Souls Remake, will tide me over until From Softwares Soul successor Elden Ring is released. Big Microsoft games like Flight Simulator and Age Of Empires 4 a can get on PC.

13. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    If it’s near £600 for a console I don’t see many people going for it unless you get a belter of a trade-in deal for the PS4!

14. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Horizon: zero dawn
    Horizon 2: forbidden west.

(Sorry, had to point it out bud).

Some of the games looked brilliant, glad to see gt7 on the cards and will be back to a more traditional approach to gt.
    Expect that to be launched in 2026 knowing polyphony.
    Horizon 2 looks excellent.
    Spider man, resi, demon souls all good!
    New square enix game looks good as well, project athia?

Maybe too many indie games, but then that sort of platformer/indie game is growing and they needed to promote that aspect to stick with ms in some way.
    Kena looks a decent one.

The machine itself looks cool, finally one that looks like it is an actual concept model.
    I'd be inclined to stick with white, but the black controller looked better so I assume a black version will be released of the console.

Discless is very tempting till you remember you can pay £20 more on a new release off the ps store rather than the likes of Amazon.
    5 games in and any saving likely made on the digital version and youve already have sony the money right back.
    Unless we can start using cdkeys more to get decent deals.

Sent from my Nokia 6.2 using Tapatalk

Jamesy Bhoy 7 likes this.
  15. Moustache

Just to give some quick updates before I ramble:

• Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo are both timed PS5 console exclusives (so they'll still launch simultaneously on PC as well).

• Little Devil Inside is also a timed console exclusive for PS4 & PS5, but will also launch simultaneously on PC.

• It's now being suggested that Sony are holding a second event in August, with Resident Evil 8 now promising more details for the same month. There was some talk a couple of weeks back that Sony had cut certain games from this presentation and some of the more reliable insiders are now claiming that both Silent Hill & Final Fantasy XVI were at one point intended to be shown tonight. This could all be bullshit (other than the RE8 part obviously) but Sony holding back some titles to potentially counteract the Xbox event in July isn't too far out there. If that is the case, I expect they'll also finally announce a price then (seeing as Microsoft & Sony both seem to be waiting for the other to go first).

I think it was a decent enough show overall. Not quite the 10/10, megaton after megaton some were suggesting it might be, but there was a lot of decent stuff shown. My one major criticism would be the pacing. I actually liked the look of a lot of the indie games they showed, but it would have been better to intersect a few bigger titles rather than doing a solid 20+ minute block.

In terms of what stood out for me:

Deathloop - This looked amazing. I'm biased in that Arkane are one of my favourite developers, but they're genuinely one of the best development studios out there. The Dishonored series and Prey are some of the best games on the current gen, but they never sold all that well (particulary Prey). I was worried that this was going to be some weird multiplayer thing based on last years reveal, but it looks more in keeping with their other games.

Demon's Souls Remake - I'm not sure how much the awful compression on the stream was involved, but I thought this looked a little off. I'm not a Souls person, atlhough I have played a little bit of the original Demon's Souls, but something about the art style didn't look right. It's like everyone looked weirdly shiny.

Horizon Forbidden West - My game of the show. I was a big fan of the first game and this looks like a definite step-up.

Kena: Bridge of Spirits - Not sure it's something I'll ever play, but it looked impressive for something made by such a small studio. Hopefully it turns out well.

Little Devil Inside - This was probably the standout of the indie games for me. I liked the art style and it looked like it will be fun to play.

Project Athia - I honestly thought this was going to a Final Fantasy game. It looked interesting, but given that it's a Square Enix game it'll probably end up coming out on the PS6.

Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart - I honestly thought this was one of the more impressive games. It looked pretty good visually and the quick switching between dimensions was a good showcase for the SSD (although I expect we'll see better examples in the future). I've only ever played Tools of Destruction which came with my PS3 (I was more of a Jak person back in the day) but it was a fun game.

Resident Evil Village- I'm a big fearty when it comes to horror games, so I'll probably never play this personally, but it looked good. It's a shame that so much of it has already leaked, because that had the potential to suprass the Resident Evil 7 reveal.

Returnal - It looks interesting, and you can definetely see the Housemarque DNA when the enemies were shooting, but the name is a bit weird.

Spider-Man: Miles Morales - It looked interesting, and the original game is genuinely great, but I'm guessing this is more like an InFamous: First Light (i.e. a standalone expansion) rather than a full blown sequel. Given how well the first game sold, it's a very shrewd move getting this out in time for Christmas.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
    Jamesy Bhoy 7 likes this.
  16. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    The next year or 2 is going to be great for fans of the souls games with demon souls, bloodborne remastered, and eldin ring coming out. As it stands as far as launch titles go I think I'll be getting assassins creed and spiderman to start with unless they reveal some more in the next reveal show.

17. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Haven't actually watched any of the trailers yet, but just from reading about them, the only game I'm really looking forward to is the Horizon sequel. First game was amazing.

With so many big games coming out on PS4 this year, it'll be some time before we see a lot of the big PS5 hits. Naughty Dog, Suckerpunch, and CD Projekt Red for a start. And then the next Rockstar and Bethesda games.

18. Paul McAuley

GTA 5 to be released again for a 3rd generation. There ripping the hole out of this now. Instead of making GTA 6 there happy to keep fleecing peope on a game released umpteen years ago on the PS3. Think im getting a bit old to be getting excited about new consoles. Instead of throwing money at a fifa machine ill stick with the PS4pro. Im not seeing a considerable jump in graphics and the console itself is hideous. There not a single launch title I would buy either. Wake me up when theres a * game for VR sony then we’ll talk.

19. Sparda

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King of Kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields of Athenry
    Diehard souls fan here and I'm not that excited except for Eldin Ring. DS1 remaster was lackluster and the only good thing was that the servers were active again. Bloodborne is five years old, the * thing did not need remastered. It's an excuse to make money.

The most exciting thing about it is that it's finally coming to PC which just makes my PS4 that much more obsolete. Bloodborne and Nioh were the only two games I felt I got value out of on the PS4. As such I probably won't be buying a PS5 until it's severely reduced in price or they get better exclusives.

20. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I was actually a bit disappointed that the vast majority of what they showed last night was for 2021 and some with no dates at all.
    As far as launch titles, I don't think we know anything yet?

Sent from my Nokia 6.2 using Tapatalk