1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Player Suggestions

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by CheGuevara, Jul 19, 2021.

Discuss Player Suggestions in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    David Fofana, a young 19 year old striker from Molde. Not sure if it's his breakthrough season but looks quick, tenacious, skillful and can bring others into the game. Would be a very different type of option upfront.

apevrak likes this.
  2. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Tomas Suslov. 20 year old pacey, energetic and skillful midfielder from Groningen. Left footed but looks like he's comfortable on his right.

3. celtic warrior

I can't remember seeing anything but does the WC effect the Jan transfer window?

4. apevrak

Fofana still got something to prove before he gets a move to a bigger club imo. Looks impressive against lesser teams in Eliteserien, but up against teams who can defend he has tendency to disapear. He's still young and got bags of potential and physique, so worth keeping an eye on for the future, but as of now he wouldn't even make our bench.

Wllm likes this.
  5. apevrak

Tengstedt and Holse are good shouts. Doubt Tengstedt would leave anytime soon, just signed for Rosenborg in August, but you can say he hit the ground running. Scored 8 and assisted 4 in 7 games since he came. Crazy numbers. He looks like the real deal.

Holse is instrumental for the RBK attack. Very tidy player, pacy and great passing abilities, someone I would love to see in the hoops. He'll be off for a good chunk of cash in the January window. Think he would thrive under Ange.

Foley1888 likes this.
  6. Foley1888

Is there anyone else in Norway worth a look just now @apevrak?

I though Sivert Mannsverk at Molde looks a player with some potential but any move for him would surely depend on Abildgaards future?

Also Johan Hove seems to get a lot of good press as a box to box midfielder?

apevrak likes this.
  7. apevrak

Mannsverk and Hove is good shouts as well. Mannsverk is very smart for his age and reads the play well. He'll no doubt be playing at a higher level two years from now. Molde will look to cash in on him after they * up the Aursnes transfer.

Hove looks very fit, got lots of speed and a great finisher, almost perfect for Angeball. He needs to work on his passing. Not sure about his defending either. He got bags of potential though.

I've been impressed by a couple of guys who've taken great steps this season.

Emil Breivik at Molde has been great this season. Box to box midfielder. He's an unit and brings physique and speed to that Molde midfield. Looks two footed as well. Also chips in with assists.

Osame Sahraoui when he's on his game is unreal. He's a technical winger, very Jota like. He can do what ever he wants. Not the most consistent player yet, but he’s still young.

I like the looks of August Mikkelsen. He's a striker at Tromsø. Got lots of speed, technical ability and a good finisher. He'll be off to a better Scandinavian team in the January window for sure.

Also worth mentioning is young Andreas Schjelderup at Nordsjælland. Can play both left winger, attacking midfielder and striker. We got plenty of players in those positions already, but he's opened with 5 goals and 1 assist in ten games in the Danish Superliga already. Impressive for an 18 year old.

Skelleto and Foley1888 like this.
  8. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Is Halaand’s cousin not still in Norway, making a big impression in his own right, not just because he’s related?

EDIT: Albert Braut Tjaland

9. Foley1888

Thanks another player who is already in Belgium I like the look of is Jesper Daaland but haven’t seen that much of him. When I have he has stood out as being solid defensively whilst being good on the ball.

On Denmark and Nordsjaelland in particular there are a fair few players there that look to have some potential both Scandinavian and African. Nagalo, Nuamah, Christensen and Villadsen all look cracking players.

10. apevrak

He actually got two footballing cousins. Tjåland who haven't made his senior debut yet, but regarded as a promising talent and Jonatan Braut Brunes who was tearing up OBOS-ligaen (second tier in Norway) this spring. He got his move to Deila's old club Strømsgodset now in August, but haven't opened his goal account yet. Doubt any of them will reach the level of Erling, but Brunes can establish himself as a decent striker in Eliteserien.

Liam Scales likes this.
  11. apevrak

Haven't seen Daland play since his days at IK Start. He was decent back then, but hard to pass judgement on him since he played for a rather * Start team. Would've liked to see him play for a better team in Norway, like Molde, Bodø or Rosenborg. He made his choice and moved from a poor side in Norway to a poor side in Belgium. Maybe that's his level.

Nagalo looks a right player. If he can keep up his form I think Nordsjælland could go on and do some serious damage in the league. Still early days though.

12. Foley1888

Probably out of our reach now given he is performing well for AZ Alkmaar but what a pick up from Milan’s youth team Milos Kerkez has been and still only 18.

Pacy, aggressive left full back who is good on the ball. Playing for the Hungarian national team too.

13. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Could be worth keeping tabs on Tomoya Fujii. 23 years old with only 2 years as a pro so doesn't look the finished article yet, especially with end product and physicality.

Works his * off and he's got an excellent dribbling success rate - 2nd highest in J1. Plays as a wingback/winger on both flanks but seems to be mostly on the right.

14. Foley1888

Two very good left sided centre backs in the same teams squad are Giannis Michaildis (GM) and Konstantinos Koulierakas (KK) of PAOK.

GM was the highly rated prospect coming through and is only 22 still. He is very good on the ball for a centre back with his range of passing and also not afraid of having a go himself. Looks solid enough defensively.

Probably the bigger prospect but still very early to judge is KK at only 18 he has displaced GM from the starting 11. He is athletic and aggressive in his defending and shows good anticipation. He also looks good on the ball.

GM had a serious injury (crucial) last year so may make him more of a risk.

Another option from the same league would be Achilleas Poungouras who is a 26 year old CB at Panathinaikos. He has established himself as a first regular this season and looks a very good reader of the game with good pace for a CB. He is built similar to Starfelt so not the tallest but is very mobile and very comfortable on the ball playing of either foot. He looks like he prefers his right for longer balls but looks good at playing out of a press through passing or dribbling.

15. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Can't find any decent videos on Youtube to post here as an example but i'm hugely impressed by Zion Suzuki. 20 year old goalkeeper for Urawa Reds but already getting 1st team games. Good distribution, quick and agile, outstanding reflexes and no stranger to being played as a sweeper keeper. Still raw coming for crosses and has dropped a few clangers but he looks a real talent. Maybe one to keep an eye on and look at next Summer.

16. jambo_cfc

Think we should be looking at Ryan Gauld now , excelling in the American League I believe and I think would be a better option than turnbull to swap with Oreilly

17. Foley1888

I hope we are still keeping an eye on the Benfica B Team as there is a few cracking players whose contracts are coming to an end.

If Matt O’Riley does move for big money either Martim Neto (cousin of Pedro Neto) or Cher Ndour would be cracking signings.

There left back Rafael Rodrigues looks a good player too.

Another young player at a big club with an expiring contract is Alejandro Garnahco, who is a quick winger with exceptional dribbling skills. Needs work on his end product but looks a real talent and capped at youth level for Argentina.

Lastly an option for left centre back worth a look who has been part of a very strong Heerenveen defence is Pawel Bochniewicz who was breaking into the Polish national team before a bad injury. He is back this season and playing well. He’s good in the air at 6’4, comfortable on the ball, left footed and I think would make a good partner for CCV. He is still only 26 and out of contract in the summer.

Another CB option is 6’6 Patric Pfieffer from Darmstadt. He is 23 has just been called up for Ghana and has a lot of good attributes to work with. He is more right footed but would be a better deputy should CCV be injured in terms of a physical presence. He is good in the air, good in 1 v 1 situations and looks pretty comfortable no the ball both in passing and driving out of defence.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2022
  18. apevrak

Just seen Andreas Schjelderup dismantle Randers. Get the cheque book out for this boy. He's class.

19. Foley1888

I see Liverpool have been linked to him. I do feel we need to try and position ourselves like Salzburg did for Haaland as the right next step for them recognising it might just be a season or 2 most but realising we will make a good amount of money on them. It’s the same with Gloukh.

I also like the look of Christensen for them whose deal is up this summer.

apevrak and AdamRS like this.
  20. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Better aff wae Michelle…