1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Player Suggestions

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by CheGuevara, Jul 19, 2021.

Discuss Player Suggestions in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Googled him and it turns out he played in a couple of the games I watched of Haksabanovic but honestly can't remember much of him. Going to watch a game back later.

Their big winger Kvaratskhelia is someone I definitely remember though. He looks a good player.

*edit: Just seen Kvaratskhelia signed for Napoli in June.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2022
    Mr Shelby likes this.
  2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Arda Guler - 17 year old from Turkey, 13 games 5 goals last year:

3. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Just seen Keita Balde’s a free agent, former Lazio, Monaco and Inter Milan player.

Decent size, rapid, strong and can play any of the front three positions.

Foley1888 likes this.
  4. Foley1888

Suggested him a few weeks back on a list of guys still available for free. Only thing is his best football has come from the left wing the same as Maeda, Haskabanovic and possibly Jota too.

The boy Xeka who left Lille is probably the pick left of free agents but likely out of our our wage bracket. He’d be a perfect fit for our midfield given his blend of physical qualities and footballing ability.

Liam Scales likes this.
  5. Keano88

This guy was mentioned a lot in here over the summer.

Some move for him if true..

RabS and McChiellini.. like this.
  6. Foley1888

Milan put a bid in off €4m + add ons which I believe has been rejected. They seem to have moved on to Jean Onana so I can’t see them signing both.

Mind you not sure we will pay much more than the offer above for Onyedika, although he would be a very good fit for us and after a couple of seasons offer a good return.

RabS likes this.
  7. RabS Aw fuck it Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Ha that's exactly who I thought of when I saw Keeno's post. If Onana goes to Milan hopefully that opens the door for us to move for Onyedika, would be the perfect player to round off our midfield. Would definitely be worth the outlay.

8. celtic warrior

Don't know if it could warrant its own thread.

But it would be cool to see what players exist out in the world as well as obviously domestically...that fit the homegrown status

I can't think of anyone in the league that would be worth bringing to the club as I think anyone that we maybe thought could be worth it just hasn't lived up to their potential.

9. dmccourt95

They’re either no good enough or too expensive, which is why we’ll be constantly trying to sign 16 year olds

celtic warrior likes this.
  10. Paradise_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    What’s his name

Doogs. and Keano88 like this.
  11. Foley1888

With the signing of Haskabanovic this isn’t one who Is really needed just now but a player worth keeping an eye on would be Keito Nakamura at LASK.

He looks quick, comfortable of either foot, a good dribbler, an eye for a pass and just generally an all round dangerous player.

He has been scoring and putting goals on a plate for others so far this season. He looks a real talent.

Hope N Ur Heart likes this.
  12. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony

This guy was sensational for Maccabi Haifa last night. 27 years old.

13. Foley1888

We should put a serious offer in for Onyedika, he would be a great fit with what we already have.

See if it costs a fair bit we should be able to afford it. Most of what we spent last year and this year if not all of it is covered by what we brought in from our sales.

We will make an Operational profit in the region of £10m - £14m from our CL participation. I would imagine our wage bill is at a pretty good level too with Barkas, Julien, Soro, Boli, and possibly a chunk of Ajeti,
    McCarthy and Johnston’s wages to go.

We have been fairly prudent in our business to date beyond CCV and Jota. Jenz on a loan to buy, Mooy & Siegrist as free agents and Haksabanovic for a snip of his value at £1.7m. Bernabei cost somewhere between £2.75m -3.75m.

As explained in another thread we brought in the best part of £32m guaranteed with £10.5m add ons likely mostly realised. We spent about £24m all in last year and then added about £17.5m this summer so are not far off the break even point on transfers but have a refreshed squad full of sellable assets.

If we big say £7m ish + add ons for Onyedika and % of a future sale, he would be another you could easily sell on at a profit in years to come and it wouldn’t break the bank.

craigtheceltic likes this.
  14. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    Does anyone know a bit more of Mathias Normann? Norwegian, defensive midfielder, 26 years old, played for Bodo before joining Brighton in 2017 and is at Rostov atm. Though was loaned to Norwich last season. His loan to Lecce just fell through gouple of days ago because the say the registration for them in Italy is too complicated. According to transfermarkt worth 10m Euros but with the current situation maybe available for less and we just have dealt with a Russian team.

15. Danny88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joe Hart
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Giakoumakis 99 Red Balloons
    For those interested in Onyedika

McGrory1888 likes this.
  16. Sentinel

We better have a CDM lined up.

17. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Know he's been mentioned but can't believe Denayer still a freebie.

Guess he has all the power but thought he was excellent for us.

Obviously I'd take him in a heartbeat, but we do have enough players there and he certainly wouldn't want to play 2nd fiddle.

Mind you I think him and CCV would be amazing together.

18. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    He will be wanting a fortune in wages and probably thinks he is too good for us

19. Foley1888

Not physically a big player but someone I have always been impressed with is Oscar Dorley from Slavia Prague.

Where Slavia have deployed him as a left back a lot of the time now, he was a centre midfielder and a very good one at that. He has played both more a deeper role and as a box to box player.

He is sound defensively and good on the ball both in terms of carrying it forward and passing. He has a lot of European football experience with Slavia.

Given he can cover quite a few positions including CM (both sitting and box to box) as well as left full back and probably wouldn’t cost too much he would be a decent addition to our squad.

20. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    :fear: