1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Player Suggestions

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by CheGuevara, Jul 19, 2021.

Discuss Player Suggestions in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Fallsmaces

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota
    I doubt that this will happen but I'd love to see Celtic sign Aussie international Riley McGree, currently on loan at Birmingham City.
    Has been doing well since Lee Bowyer finally realised what he had right under his nose. It must be said though that Birmingham play awful football. Birmingham fans don't want him to leave, but his loan is up at the end of the month.

His style of play would be perfectly suited to Celtic, he was my favourite player when he was still playing in Oz. This highlights video always brings a smile to my face.

2. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Think Kyogo would love him.

3. hidey-holey

interesting bit of reading
    https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bunde...gart-japan-defender-rookie-of-the-month-18168
    not really set it alight at jleague.
    playing regulerly at j2.
    bit part player at j1.
    maybe thats why ange never seems to chase on him (as far as we know) but instead going for itakura last window
    sent on loan to germany, expected to be a youth team players
    but starting up each week currently at first team.
    in view to be permanent transfer for only 400k.

4. Foley1888

There is some incredible value from the J league, Harare we are linked with looks some player and Ao Tanaka that went to Fortuna Düsseldorf from Kawasaki Frontale on loan at the start of the season also looked a cracking player not sure what his option to buy is there.

A left sided ball playing centre back would be a cracking addition to the team but the CCV Starfelt partnership can hopefully continue to blossom.

I notice some reports today saying the 3 J league players plus going for a permanent on Jota may be our lot. If that’s the case I hope there is work going on to pick up a few bosmans for the summer as well and ones where we could get a cheap deal to bring them in during the window would be great.

Unlikely I know but a player who would be a great fit for our team would be Ben Brerton Diaz. He’s been scoring regularly in the Championship, so will likely have plenty of interest but he’s still reasonably young, would add a physical presence to our attack but prefers to play one of the wide positions in a front three so could work well with the other forwards we have an Maeda if he comes in.

His deal is up in the summer but likely he will go to EPL.

5. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Brighton are looking to buy him. Price around £20m. I think it's a hard no for us...

6. Foley1888

I thought that would be the case was hoping it might be a moussa type case where we don’t know how he ended up here.

7. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Championship is horrendous this year. There’s a real lack of quality across the competition so I’m not surprised that Birmingham are playing awful football. Fans might want to keep him but looks like he’ll go to his contracted club in the MLS.

That said, he picked up a couple of assists last night.

Hrustic is the one that has some special class about him. Has been benched of late in the Bundesliga, so might be worth keeping an eye on him and putting in a cheeky bid in the summer when he has 1 year left on his contract. Can play 6,8 and 10. Also takes a decent set piece.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
    Fallsmaces likes this.
  8. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Canny believe people are actually suggesting Fuchs and Baningime.

craigtheceltic likes this.
  9. Fallsmaces

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jota

There's probably not a lot between them, Hrustic looks likely when he plays for Australia, just not sure about the end product sometimes.

Looks like Ange has probably finished recruiting for this window at least, couple to keep in mind for later.
    Just looked at extended highlights for Riley's match on weekend, he seemed to have some involvement in almost everything Birmingham did in an attacking sense, also was named in Championship team of the week.

craigtheceltic likes this.
  10. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    You've got the English tax when u shop down there , Its scary but we probs couldn't afford championship players , get a lot more for ur money anywhere else outside of England

11. dilkhusa

Hi I was reading a story about the japanese wonderkid Ryotara Ataki he is only nineteen and won the young player of the year in Japan he looks some player and can play in a good few positions, he is in his final year of his contract and the cost to buy him out of it is five hundred thousand pounds, I hope Big Ange is watching this young player he will have seen him play for Kashima Antlers last season I hope he snaps him up for the Tic as it looks a steal for a future star, get him signed Big Man

12. Foley1888

What was the story, do you have a link?

He looks an exceptional talent and would be a great addition.

13. dilkhusa

It was on the News Now Celtic FC NEWS this morning with a cracking video he can play with any foot looks a real talent for the future

Foley1888 likes this.
  14. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I really like the look of Baningime to be fair :56:

15. Foley1888

Given the comments on the Korean market as a potential other talent pool has a look at some of their emerging talents.

Full back Young-Woo Seol, 23 year old technically a right back but has played most of the season at left back. Was in their Olympics team. He plays for Ulsan Hyundai one of the main contenders for the title. Won young player of the year for the 2021 season. Not a priority position (right back).

Attacking midfielder Dong-gyeong Lee, 24 year old with a good eye for goal and comfortable of either foot. Times his late runs into the box well and was prolific for the National U23 team. He also is a full international.

Right Wing Dong-jun Lee, 24 year old goal scoring winger. He likes to come inside but can also go to the byline. Is decent in the air for not being the tallest and a good finisher with 11 goals in 28 this season.

Left wing Min-kyu Song, 22 year old that we have been linked to previously, is quick and strong, very good in the air and would add physicality in the wide areas. Very highly rated in South Korea and is a full international. His form picked back up at the end of the season.

Striker Se-huh Oh, 22 year old giant of a centre forward at 6’4. Unsurprisingly is good in the air and got 4 in 5 in the playoff round of the K league. Has been capped at u23 level.

16. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    @Foley1888 That striker you mentioned last is a real towering presence. When Korea U-21 almost won the World Cup, he was a very important player. Holding the ball up is his forte. The central attacking midfielder is apparently the guy they consider most talented, at least on the forum I'm on.

Foley1888 likes this.
  17. Foley1888

Yeah I couldn’t get any footage of the striker Se-huh Oh but his stats were impressive for the championship round of the league and a good number of headed goals.

The footage of Dong-Gyeong Lee was very impressive he looked like one of those attacking midfielders who is excellent at timing his attacking runs to arrive late in the box or go beyond the forwards and could finish with either foot. He also plays a fair few little slip clinical through balls.

18. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Patrick Berg away to Lens.

19. jambo_cfc

absolute joke that we didnt make a move for him , would rather him than the japanese boy from osaka , plays the style of football ange plays so would slot in no problem!

20. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    His manager was telling him to move to a top 5 league anyway