1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Peter Lawwell's lies

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Sean Daleer, Aug 27, 2014.

Discuss Peter Lawwell's lies in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

‘Neil will have substantial funds to spend in the summer,’ said Lawwell.

‘We’re in arguably the best financial state we’ve ever been in but it makes no sense to keep the money in the bank. We want to invest in the club by investing in good footballers that create value for the club.

‘Celtic can buy a £6-8m player if the value is there.

‘We would not buy a 29-year-old at £8m on a four-year contract at £40,000 a week because that is dead money. But if there’s value in signing an £8m player we will look at it.’

He said: ‘If there was any disappointment in January it was that we wanted to get as many players in as we could, to embed them and have them settled for the qualifiers. But it was very difficult and it’s getting more and more difficult

‘We would like to get our business done early this summer, to get one or two in to make it more possible to get through the qualifiers. But there are no guarantees.’

---------------------------------------

Clearly just bare faced lies designed to deceive Celtic supporters to part with season ticket money, if there is money to spend why isn't a new manager being given the funds to build his own team? When has a new manager ever taken control of a club and not been able to put his own stamp on it?

I can forgive a lot of things but outright lies from the custodians of this club is not on, if they have lied about that you can be sure they have lied about other things, collusion with police for one.

Celtic fans treated like criminals AND idiots by the very people we employ to look after our football club.

Lawwell, get to *.

2. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Guy's a * snake. Turning fans against each other.. watching the decline in standard of team on the park while happily doing * all about it.

Would love to kick him right in the nads.

3. lion67

I've always been a defender of lawell on the financial side, however I think now we need some openness and honesty about why the new gaffer has not been given anything to spend. A new manager coming in and getting no funds to rebuild is not good enough.

4. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Been saying it for a long time, just a shame it's took us to hit this low for nearly all the fans to see what that * really is, a snake.

He needs to go.

5. The Celtic Way

thing is guys like myself, will go home, away no matter what, the fans like myself are part of the problem, faith full through and through could be the problem here

6. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I guess I know what they mean when some fans say 'happy clappers', one argument I always knew I was right when someone went on about how PL was running things.

Give me £1m a year and I'll get Celtic a windfall now, let me see how could I raise that? Oh I'll sell VVD, let's see what alternative Mr Lawell the financial genius has, lol.

Sorry you could get a monkey to do his job, cutting wage bills and selling players on for huge cash sums isn't financial genius, it's common practice in the workplace (I see it every day in my own workplace). Into the bargain the big glamour games and big sponsorships might have more to do with the fans than Mr Lawell's skills.

7. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    His outright lies are inexcusable. We are not even buying prospects this season. We now see other teams rejects as the way forward.

8. ThisIsGhod

In order for some of our fans to realise the situation we are in we have hit rock bottom. * it bring in some Arab oil tycoon.

9. superceltic67

Hooper 6 million
    Wanyama 11 million
    Ledley 1 million
    Forster 10 million
    Wilson 2 million
    Last 2 champions league money 35 million

Around 65 million plus commonwealth games money and we have bought nobody

It's a complete disgrace and a slap in the face to us fans

I have never been so low as a Celtic supporter. Even after Seville, sitting in the stand, I was proud of the team and the fact I was a Celtic supporter but this biscuit tin has to stop NOW

10. The Celtic Way

they also took us away from our home stadium for the most important game of the season, was surprised more of this was not said at the time, we moved our game for a financial gain, to gain who ???

11. Lanz

"We believe we are one of the top European clubs in everything we do. Celtic should be at this level, not just for the revenue but in terms of the profile and exposure for the club."

"Every transfer window we get to we aim to be stronger at the other end."

Con man.

12. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Like someone else said in another thread, add season ticket sales, kit sales and new sponsorship money with Magners ect and that's even more money.

13. Tifosi Celtic

Was mentioned after the Legia game, the more he downsizes and players he sells. The bigger bonus he gets.

That's whats motivating him. On the pitch is a side issue.

14. KevvyBhoy

I've been slating the board all night but I actually back the board with respect to their transfer policy. I believe that buying low and selling high is probably the only way to go right now in the current Scottish football climate if we're to get anywhere in Europe.

The problem for me is the execution. It's obvious to everyone that the current team isn't fit for purpose and the spine has been ripped out with inadequate player replacement; and I think it's fair to say that any new manager coming in should have the freedom to spend a few million to bring in their own in order to get the team started. However, my guess is that Ronny's been told: (1) He can sign players if he makes the Champions League; and (2) if he wants a player before the Champions League qualifiers, he must offload a current player or bring in a loan or free transfer.

What's wrong with just giving him a few players now and taking a minor short-term financial gamble that'd maximise the chances of qualification (hence making £15M)? We just flogged Fraser Forster for £10M which would more than cover the spine of a team, and there's no reason we can't sell at least some of Ronny's unwanted players by the end of the window and take a yet another chunk out of the net spending.

This qualification campaign has been a farce and Lawwell has a lot to answer for. It's made even worse by the fact that Legia Warsaw more than identified the cracks in the playing staff in the previous round and yet we still dilly-dally trying to sign loanees who're either crocked or who were likely to need an appeal on a work permit application.

15. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Here lies the problem!

They know dicks like us will keep going and are totally ripping the pish.

16. celticpro

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Candyman We love you Celtic (we do)
    If the board spent the money the stadium would be full again, full of fans happy to see genuine quality on the park.You have to speculate to accumulate and can't have it both ways.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2014
  17. The Celtic Way

on the way back from the game last night, i had to go pick up and pay for my dundee ticket for sunday, and for the first time ever i felt stupid :54:

18. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

So what do we do mate? We will still be going long after these * are long gone from the club.

I agree we need some form of protest but giving up going isnt an option for me.

19. Pacific Ocean Blue

You still have soup takers on here sticking up for this guy and repeatedly posting bullshit like "keep the faith".

this problem hasn't just arisen, we were lucky to get to the groups last season with the lack of spending from the board. Sickening

20. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He has no excuses, to be handed that 2nd chance and refuse to invest to achieve what the Club needs is criminal.

The biggest mistake he's made at Celtic with ease. An inexcusable 'mistake'.