1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Peter Lawwell

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by eddiebhoy0109, Jan 13, 2015.

Discuss Peter Lawwell in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Maestro 08

It states both conditions are exclusive of one another, so he's getting bonus either way. Just depends how much.

2. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

In the last 20 years we've never went 4 consecutive years without making the Champions League group stage and given we're seeded in every round it would be monumental failure if we did. It's set at the 4 year term for a reason.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  3. Murph-E

If you include the VVD and Wanyama add-ons, we actually brought in £14million more than we spent under Rodgers, with two CL qualifications and a record shirt sponsor and record kit manufacturer deal on top of that. Mad that anybody claims we "spent big" under Rodgers. We under-invested, yet again.

4. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    That’s why there is now over £40m sitting there and as Bankier said it will not be touched!

5. Murph-E

* me, did he?

6. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Something to that effect at the AGM I remember reading it.

7. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Are you sure it wasn't MC Hammer lyrics you were reading?

8. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    He defo said something along the lines of cash is in bank and it’s staying there

Seán Mac D likes this.
  9. horseshoe

Yeah it's been explained a few times, they want to have a certain amount of cash in bank so that if the worst happened and we missed out on CL a few years on the trot, there's no immediate need to downsize/firesale playing assets to stop us going into the red. Which is fair enough looking at it from the purely business side of things. Obviously we'd like them to loosen the purse strings a little bit on transfers now and then, I'm sure most of us feel the balance could be tipped a bit more in that direction without going overboard.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  10. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Agreed

11. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

The irony of that stance is that it's led us to fail to qualify for the Champions League in 3 out of the last 5 seasons, despite being seeded in every round.

Investing in the playing squad doesn't guarantee success but failing to invest when we have clear deficiencies in the squad is a guarantee of failure. As we found out the hard way when AEK Athens done us in qualifying with 3 goals down our right-side, that had been identified as an area that required strengthening. We are far too risk-averse.

12. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Personally i think what's really skewed this in Lawwells favour is 10 in a row!! * laughing stock of a deadco the main threat!!

No many fans i know that would call 1 in 4 CL qualification as satisfactory!!! Most would be happy with some kind of investment to show some ambition. I honestly still think we've got a hangover from Mcginn!!!

ps- and Sarajevo is an accident waiting to happen unless we sort this CB/RB situation out pronto!! Enough is enough!!!

13. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Aye but they are * it for the side cause we are downsizing constantly and end up spending that * pot anyway
    Imagine with just a bit of spending adding the quality that’s desperately needed, we would be ducking light years ahead in Scotland and qualifying each season through the champions route with ease but that’s not the case with them *.

14. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
    tirfry999
    New
    We are without doubt a * laughing stock treble treble winners we should be so far out of sight of sevco it's scary. How many times dowe shoot ourselves in the foot an absolute Mickey mouse set up from top to bottom

15. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Both of you, and a few others, make on the bonus is payable/earned as of the here and NOW (this period) and that getting a bonus is all that they are bothered about, simple as that. It's the same stick every time. Hence why you have posted so often about the bonus being paid at the end of December - this creates the illusion that the bonus is connected to NOW, when it was earned (rightly or wrongly) over a year ago, you especially do this continually then you present the final amount as being salary payments, I notice you have done that again in another thread, its laughable.

The reality is the last time it was due/earned was because we played in the CL groups and the bonus follows on behind that happening. The only thing I'm in agreement with is I know when the bonus is due and, more importantly, I also know what it was awarded for and how it's paid - A lump sum and NOT as salary - and I don't try and present it differently to suit the narrative I keep posting about. I also know that there is a - Long Term Performance Incentive Plan (“LTPIP”) AND an Executive Long Term Incentive Plan (“ELTIP”) but i certainly aint gonna waste my time on that.

Anyway I'm done with this part as its been covered repeatedly, yet it's repeatedly ignored, and it can't be explained anymore simply, so there is obviously a problem. I should stop being so stubborn and wasting my time on it I suppose.

16. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Wise decision when you're calling bullshit on comments that are factually correct and then adding your own presumptuous caveats when pointed out it is correct.

If Champions League football is secured but company performance (profitability) and shareholder value (price and dividends) are not then no bonus will be paid under the LPTIP scheme. His bonus is therefore contingent on those things as @LectersLuncheon was saying.

I don't believe I do present Lawwell's remuneration as a salary, I've equated it to what it works out to be on a weekly basis to illustrate how obscene it is in context of our turnover, other salaries paid and other football clubs.

It's ironic though that you're making that point while at the same time stating the "wage bill" is £61 million and not taking into account that figure also include bonus payments to players and coaching staff.

Wages when it suits your perspective and bonuses when it doesn't.

Spring Time likes this.
  17. Maestro 08

So do you think hes worth what hes being paid? bonuses included.

18. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Politicians answer incoming...

LectersLuncheon and Maestro 08 like this.
  19. john2061

Wheres the money peter as all im hearing at the minute is tumbleweed blowing by celtic park with no new signings and still no head of recruitment .

20. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    It’s on page 23 of the accounts:party048: