1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Peter Lawwell

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by eddiebhoy0109, Jan 13, 2015.

Discuss Peter Lawwell in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. SuperZidane

I have done the same. I don't have a season ticket so not renewing isn't an option.

I get that season ticket renewals are emotive and many people catch up with friends/family at the matches so I respect everyone's individual decision there.

I do hope however, that we can pull together and not buy any merchandise, Celtic TV etc from the club until we know what is happening going forward.

I guess that guy from Celtic TV wants to keep his job so he had to along with that totally scripted self-serving BS "interview".

We have been effected by COVID more than any other club?? FFS - That ranks alongside Lennon's "I've never managed in a pandemic before".

I can live with us having a bad season (I'm old enough to remember a few of those!) or losing the league to a team that's just obviously better than us.

What I can't stand is people asking for my support/money and, as you rightly say, treating me like a fool.

2. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Go and commit sudoku Peter you fat chinese *

3. murphy88

In terms of us being arguably the club hit the most by Covid, he is maybe correct. However, one of the reasons for this is the fact that we went to Dubai and now have the majority of our first team self isolating, which is mainly down to Lawwell himself, something he didn't say. International football being played earlier in the season was an absolute farce and should never have happened, and we were badly hit by that. We should not have had to play games with players missing because of going away on International duty and coming back positive or being close contacts. Regardless, the guy is a fud and needs chased.

4. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    Him and his pals thought * the fans Lennon stays in place, we needed to win every single game after the rangers game so what do Celtic do? They go to Dubai when we all knew they shouldn't, it was a training camp to get everyone super fit but they take a guy who's out for 4 months and what do you know?? He picks up covid and all those super fit players are sitting in their houses doing * all as the youngsters are then drafted in and drop 2 ponts in the 1st game back. It's negligence and arrogance and lawell * knows it, he should be resigning and Lennon with him, these * have cost 10 in a row and will never be forgiven, they're lucky no fans are allowed in the stadium bcoz the demonstrations would have been on a par with the ones the old board faced.

martin_d likes this.
  5. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Arrogance personified.

JamesM09, DonnyCelt and SuperZidane like this.
  6. ScottBhoy+

I actually received a better apology from the shop assistant in Aldi when they ran out of mamia baby milk.

7. scootz

Means *-all without sincerity.

Blatant PR exercise!

8. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    It's true that the club suffered a lot. Because without the pandemic, fans would have been in the stadium and our call for change would have not been possible to ignore like the board did. So, that argument is not working for Lawwell, Lenny, DD and the rest of the board as they profited heavily from empty ranks!

Sh*** the board hang in front of Celtic Park for a reason.

9. simpy

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson,charlie nicklas(1st season)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Someone give the go ahead to Dubai, be that Lennon or Lawwell if not them who, has to go

10. oh bhoy

Is the * serious covid has effected us more than others ,it handed us a massive advantage where we could make 5 changes and use our squad to the fullest. I notice he didn't apologize for * the 10 or sticking up a fence

11. SteveyNico67

* OFF PETER

12. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

others said hes good at the cfo or whatever to do with making money frm sponsorships but why was he allowed to do all the other *, were we saving money or was it he cant work with anyone else, everything has to be his way

the signs of him interfering have been there for years man

JamesM09 and martin_d like this.
  13. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    As Wee Fergie said to Pete the Jakey in Still Game.

Why did yie dae it Pete??

Pete's actions yesterday are all about "brand protection". It always is when his mouth opens. As was highlighted a few days ago with the comparison of tone and language with regards to Boli earlier in the season. Or when * UEFA pipe up about Pyro, while they give racism a slap on the wrists. My Gran once told me " Don't listen to what they say, but watch what they do". Peter only does when the "brand" is negatively affected.

I know the propaganda was e-mailed to season tickets. I still haven't bothered my * watching it and won't. It wasn't an apology to fans. It was an insult to the intelligence and perception of the fans, that he could throw out a scripted Q and A. With the result of thinking all will be forgiven or rebuilding the bridges he and his cronies have burnt down.

Everything that has happened this season. Comes down to mismanagement, lack of discipline, and lack of respect. In some shape or form.

I'll paraphrase the next quote " we've done it in previous seasons and it's worked out well for us". I'm led to believe that this line or something similar was spouted.

So the basis of our previous success can be attributed/has been built on a trip to Dubai. And the reason for travelling this time around. In the hope, it would work again?

Well, if that is the judgement or the level we are aiming for over the remainder of the season. I don't hold much hope.

And just for the record, the success over the last few seasons was built on good coaching, team structures and standards. Which didn't involve selling out the players at the first sign of failure, because the other two points are absent from the skillset of the current man in charge. A man who shouldn't be in the position.

14. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    an apology straight from the Tory Handbook of Placating the Plebian.

MagicBallBhoy, JamesM09 and oh bhoy like this.
  15. dmccourt95

Now the under 18s are furloughed, we are truly tinpot

16. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    How this * parasite can even dare stay in this * overpaid role another day is beyond me.

after reading what happens to the under 18’s the whole * team should be paying the top up or paying the wages of them lads.

our clubs values are * going down the pan with these * in charge.

freitassen likes this.
  17. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Just need to get duffy furloughed and were onto a winner here.

dmccourt95 likes this.
  18. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Disgusting from lawwell.
    Again, the man who will have signed off on this - if not came up with the idea.

Got the money to send the entire first team, even the injured ones, to Dubai. But can't afford to pay the youth a wage?
    After the money the fans have already gave this club in season ticket sales they know they would never see s game for and merchandise sales through the roof.

How this * hasn't had his heated driveway shat on, I don't know.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

19. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Ffs whats the drive ever done to you :fear:

Sydneysider and Peej like this.
  20. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I'm jealous of it.
    I need to park at the bottom of mine in the winter because I can't defrost the ice off it :56:

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk