1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Peter Lawwell

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by eddiebhoy0109, Jan 13, 2015.

Discuss Peter Lawwell in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Antz1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emillio Izaguirre, Joe Ledley, Beram Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    'You'll never walk alone' 'Let the People Sing'
    Genuinely hate this guy more than some huns.

2. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Let it all out mate :fear:

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  3. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

This.

Has the club working like a well oiled machine on the financial side of it. But when it comes to the actual sporting department, he doesn't have a * clue.

4. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    For my standard av been calm but a swear to * he is a *! Don’t wish ill or anything bad on the guy just wish he would * off!

5. Antz1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emillio Izaguirre, Joe Ledley, Beram Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    'You'll never walk alone' 'Let the People Sing'
    ‘In terms of investment our policy our commitment is that every penny that comes into the club will be reinvested, it will go back into the club. I do not think we can be clearer than that. There is no pile of cash sitting there that we could look at, watch, feel and touch. It doesn’t exist. It is fantasy.

But we spend every penny that comes into the club. That's the way we will continue to operate and the challenge is to be successful on the pitch and have stability off it.

The guy is a born * liar and should be nowhere near our club. How can you say this stuff but have millions upon millions in the bank, it’s unbelievable and downright lies.

6. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    That’s been my point for ages, which is criminal given the fact that we are a * football club. :31:

7. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Lawwell is Desmonds man though and since he is the largest shareholder you can bet anything he says goes, you don't see any of the other shareholders in clubs speaking about the club it's only the majority one as they have the voting power.

There must be a plan with the money surely, either for good PR, for the new hotel or stadium upgrades?

The main thing we should do is when we turn a profit with ST sales & tv money alone then all the player sales money should go into the transfer pot for new players.

The big thing for Lawwell and Dermot just now is the fact we have just won a treble treble and on the way to 10IAR, so in their eyes the model works and no need for major change except from the Summer when we bought Jullien for £8M which was a big change.

As a fan it's hard to watch Lenny have 1 hand tied behind back but then you look on the business side and see the club is secure for years to come. If we win the league this season which I'm certain we will since we still have a very very talented squad with good depth just been * luck with injuries, then in the summer we have to seriously strengthen again to ensure 10IAR.

8. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Mate...Lenny knew more than anyone (or certainly should have done)what he was getting in to and what kinda * he was going to have to go to cap in hand to!!

9. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    He always knew that Lenny would be greatful for the gig, Lenny himself knew the score when he accepted the job.

10. oh bhoy

Is it any wonder Rodgers ran like * when he did , lawwell is the * rat

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
  11. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Lenny spent a good chunk in the summer and brought in plenty players, I think that would of been his main stipulation on taking the job since PL went to him straight after the final and offered it. So I doubt he's happy with it all but he should know better than to spin the PR bullshit about signings.

12. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Some of his comments this year from the summer onwards have been baffling imo. I hope to * i'm wrong and think we may be ok but it's a helluva chance with the tape for 9 in sight. I just hope to * Ely comes back sharpish and pray we don't lose another CB!!

13. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

14. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    unfortunately he wont ! he knows his place .

15. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Not happy with Lennon doing Lawwell's bidding by saying "we're happy to go with what we've got".

Another underwhelming window for the most handsomely recompensed CEO in British Football. No more extras (programs, hospitality, merch, scran) for me. It doesn't go into improving the team.

16. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Have a * snout n calm it son.

Pogues likes this.
  17. Pogues

This place is mental FFS.

18. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    The contempt that this * has for the fans is staggering.

He genuinely believes that he is responsible for all of Celtic's success in the last 10 years, and the supporters are just a mob of baying idiots who don't know what's good for the club.

If any ground is lost to the scum this season then the fat bean counter is in for a reality check.

Has he forgot that we are still playing for 3 trophies this season, with one of the most overworked group of players in World football?

I think it's definitely time for a change at the top. We need someone that uses modern sports science and data analysis in order to identify the ideal players and give us the best squad to work with. Not a glorified salesman who buys players as projects and assets to put in his shop window alongside board games and DVDs

19. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Lets all hope that Peter is saving all his coin to buy Big Fraz

THAT is the most important signing we can make. Plenty of good players for all other positions are easily found but we will be hard pushed to unearth a GK of his quality.

littlekennie likes this.
  20. TheHappyLoss

We pay our money and have won the last 10 trophies so seems crazy to say we are being sold short, but we are. Just beggars belief