1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Cross Platform] PES 2019 - Includes CELTIC!!!!

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by Blochairnbhoy, May 23, 2018.

Discuss PES 2019 - Includes CELTIC!!!! in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I think the gameplay is excellent, It is all down to taste though. I sometimes feel it hard to adjust to a new game each year never mind a different company's game.

Bunk Moreland likes this.
  2. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Suppose I'm probably that used to fifa and playing at a fast pace. Each to their own as you say.

3. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Aye it used to happen to me quite a lot, one bad one for me was the change to Fifa's defending a few year ago, they changed it so you had to time the button press rather than hold "apply pressure" button, I actually think it was quite a good feature now. Had a big argument at a tourney we were all doing as one player wanted to be able to use the old classic style because he hadn't bought the new Fifa and so wasn't used to it haha He wasn't allowed as he'd have an advantage and there was money involved (only a fer a head but still)

4. HectorTheTaxman Formerly The Spider

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    If anyone wants a game then give me a shout, PSN is Moncur94

5. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Wish Ultimate Team was like MyClub, no chemistry you just build whatever team you want.

6. Bunk Moreland

Compared to FIFA PES gameplay is so far above, a bit like NBA 2K18 compared to NBA Live 18, sure FIFA is playable and alright and has all the bells and whistles but PES is actually fun to play, FIFA isn't.

7. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Agreed, and at least this year the menus load a lot better and look a bit more polished. Fifa is like the EPL of football - annd song and dance, little substance. But then you go to Bundesliga, you get substance, but little in the way of fanfare.

neilly1987 likes this.
  8. Bunk Moreland

It's just the feel of the game for me, FIFA is robotic and repetitive, same * over and over, do the same * and you'll score. PES wants you to attempt 40 yard screamers, it encourages you dribbling round an entire defence like it's Sevco. I play BAL and Be A Pro modes mostly and the difference in quality in so apparent there

9. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Just downloaded some option files from pesworld
    Makes a nice addition having all the correct team names, badges and league/competition names now.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  10. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    A gripe I have is the online ranked games, I think its called "divisions" You cannot restrict your opponents teams to similar to yours. You can do it on quick match which is unranked games. Was looking forward to Master League but since Parkhead isnt in it yet I'll wait, saw a youtube vid and reports are its a bit * just now with ai teams making really daft transfers and that, hopefully they will sort that before I start playing ML.

11. PeeKay Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Just seen on social media that at Ibrox they have a “Big Jock Knew” banner in the crowd. What the * is that about and why would they think that’s acceptable?

12. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

There’s an in-game editor that allows you to make your own banners. Konami haven’t put that banner in themselves.

Artorias and PeeKay like this.
  13. PeeKay Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Ah that would make sense.

14. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Aye and also a famine is over banner and one about peados to balance it out the sun reported a Celtic one said "durrant dived"

15. cammy07

The lack of matchmaking puts you off playing it to be honest. No matter who you go you either play Juve or Liverpool.

Artorias likes this.
  16. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I have noticed this too and moaned about it in a previous post. You end up in a position where you have to go one of the very top teams to give yourself a fair chance. Mental that they have not put in a "similar team level" option, but then you can in unranked games. This is the type of pish that Pro Evo gets a bad name for. It is also a thing that would be easily fixed.

17. cammy07

Aye it’s ridiculous, went Celtic in 2 games but ended up against Liverpool them Juve. Did alright to get a draw but then got pumped off Juve, annoying thing was the guy wasn’t even any good.

I never realised you get it in unranked matches, totally pointless tho. As you said could do easily be fixed.

Artorias likes this.
  18. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    My first game I went Celtic and managed a 1 nil win against Chelsea- but was surprised to get paired with them. I have played as other teams though and took a few beatings hehe

19. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Any you play the myclub thing?

20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Yeah that's pretty much the only mode I play. The levelling up system is great.

One thing that's annoying me is the lack of position trainers. It gives you the option to use one but I've had none so far and there's none in the auction house.