1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Patryk Klimala

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Jan 14, 2020.

Discuss Patryk Klimala in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He's already away ya daft *..

2. James Gold Member Gold Member

In fairness today was probably one of his better performances

The Phoenix likes this.
  3. Venomspawn82

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Why is this thread not in ex-players?

Dan Breen likes this.
  4. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
  5. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fine penalty there,

The contributions sound better at that, he has 6
    7 goals and 5 assists in 19 games (1442 mins) 2 as a sub and subbed off 11 times, 2 of the goals were penalties(stats from mls soccer)

He is the current top scorer for the team, plenty ahead in the league though. next in his team is behind on 5.

I like him, I hope he does well

6. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Good to have him back, hope he gets a few minutes in his legs the night.

7. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Felt that's he's never been away.

Can we call him back mid-season?

Has more chance of playing than the big Greek.

8. James Gold Member Gold Member

I weirdly wish we kept him although getting our money back was great business but I feel he would fit the way we try to play much better than Ajeti and I actually think he would have came good

9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He would definitely of been more use to us than Ajeti..

He is very quick and presses well. Two thing's he has over Ajeti right away..

Didn't sulk either..

He attacked the 6 yard box quite a bit but his finishing wasn't always there..

Ajeti is done in 99% of the supports eye's now. He should've been punted in the window but we are where we are. Stuck with an expensive, slow, useless dud..

The Phoenix and James like this.
  10. JamesM09

Klimala, Ajeti, Bayo.. we are * * at signing players.

I wish I could do my job that badly and not get sacked.

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/mls-...ttish-league-rbny-striker-klimala-happy-with-

Patryk
    Klimala
    came to the New York Red Bulls in search of much-needed playing time he wasn’t getting at Celtic FC.

And with 21 games under his belt, the former Polish youth international believes he’s in a good position to compare his new league with his former one.

“In my humble opinion, MLS is a better league than the Scottish league and many scouts from all over the world come to the USA to look for talent,” RBNY's striker told the Daily Record.

The 23-year-old signed with the Red Bulls on April 22 after making 28 appearances and scoring three goals across all competitions since joining Celtic. He originally joined the Scottish powerhouse from Poland's Jagiellonia Białystok in January 2020.

“One of the main reasons I went to the USA was game time,” Klimala added. “I missed that a lot. I was frustrated, which is why I made this decision with a snap of my fingers. I knew that there would be a greater chance for development here. For now, I think it has been a good move.”

The statistics would agree with Klimala. He’s started 19 of 21 matches he’s appeared in, compiling 1,499 minutes. Klimala has seven goals and five assists and is heating up during the Red Bulls’ late-season playoff push. He’s tallied goals in three of their last four matches, including the dramatic equalizer from the penalty spot in a 1-1 draw against derby foes New York City FC – the latest goal scored in MLS history.

“I think many people at Celtic are surely now aware how much progress I have made,” Klimala said. “I think in retrospect I chose well.”

12. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Can this be moved to the ex players section,

Fair in the lad though, he hardly got a fair chance here, I liked him but getting more than we paid was a great deal absolutely right to sell him at that. We could have signed Nisbet For a tenth of the price and Nisbet is a better player I think

13. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He was never ever good enough for us.

Foley1888, King Kwon and mayo like this.
  14. Sin

I would tend to agree but I would also say that no * was good enough for us last season.

I'm sort of torn on this one, I think we did well to get as much as we did for him, so maybe it was right to sell him.
    On the other hand he is a player I would have liked to seen under a different manager and tactics.

Damnati likes this.
  15. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I'd agree with your first point completely, but I don't think Klimala has enough about him even in a good season under a good manager.

On your second point, I feel like we saw enough of him to realise that he works hard but his technical ability and finishing is well below what we need.

16. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Wasn't good enough for us, and we made the right decision to move him on. But I have no doubt he'd give us more than Ajeti does.

Damnati, Hammy89, JML67 and 1 other person like this.
  17. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I still wonder why he was moved on, I guess at the time getting our money back was a fantastic deal, but he was still 22 when he moved on and was a better option than Griffiths and Ajeti at the time.

18. Foley1888

For me I am not sure it wasn’t a good deal getting our money back for him or a slight profit.

He had decent pace and a good work ethic, but his touch and for the most simple of chances his finishing were terrible. He was like passing to a brick wall, the ball always bounced off him and more often than not he ended up 10 yards back from where he started to chase that touch. He also missed some real sitters.

The mistake was buying him in the first place. Why he went and Ajeti and Griffiths were still there was probably simply down to someone wanted to buy him.

19. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Aye, would have been more mobile in Ange's system and may have gained a bit of momentum..

But in all honesty we were right to get our money back as he looked very limited as a goalscorer.

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

PATRYK KLIMALA has admitted he was 'p****d off' over his lack of game-time at Celtic.

The Polish striker arrived at Parkhead on a four-and-a-half-year deal for a £3.5million fee in January 2020 but found chances very limited

The hitman made a permanent move to the MLS with New York Red Bulls just over a year later after hitting three goals in 28 appearances.

Klimala has opened up on his chats with Neil Lennon during his time at Parkhead he vented his frustrations over Ryan Christie starting in his position as a striker despite him being fit and available.

The 23-year-old - who has hit seven goals in 23 MLS appearances - told Football Scotland: "Neil Lennon and I spoke a few times about why I didn't play, what I had to improve on, how I had to make myself up.

"I think I did it but sometimes this happens. Edouard was having a good season, was scoring goals and was doing it every game.

"I was p****d off, to be honest, because I didn't play but that's football, sometimes it works and other times it doesn't.

"What did Lennon ask me to improve specifically? We spoke about my playing with my back to goal, to care more about the ball when I had it, those were the two things he told me.

He knew I was quick and could score goals but maybe it wasn't the style the manager liked, I don't know.

"When I went to Celtic I thought I'd be a big striker in Scotland but I wasn't. I didn't play enough to prove myself to fans, coaching staff and everyone around me."

On now ex-Hoops star Christie - who moved down south with Bournemouth, he added: "I was angry but I didn't understand it.

"I think everyone in my case would be angry because you have a striker available and you play a number 10 as a striker? Maybe the manager didn't trust me enough, I don't know.

"It wasn't one game, it was a couple of games like that. When I was at Celtic I would think about it but it's completely done and I still have no idea why.

"I never spoke about it with Neil Lennon.

"I never complained about why I'm not playing. I never spoke to anyone about why I wasn't playing and they didn't speak to me either because they knew that I don't like complaining.

"I just did my job and maybe that wasn't good enough, I don't know."