1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Patryk Klimala

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Jan 14, 2020.

Discuss Patryk Klimala in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Would you have judged edouard on the one, same game?

2. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    For how he performed, aye absolutely. He was poor but he performed a lot better than Klimala, who was a ghost.

There's nothing I've seen of Klimala in any of his appearances to suggest he'll ever be more than a squad player. As I've said previously, I'd love to be wrong.

3. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Well he has scored in a few despite having no regular game time. He shows a willingness to run off the shoulder of the last man and play in behind.
    I think theres a goalscorer there, but he needs game time and i dont think he will get it behind edouard and ajeti.

4. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Aye he's proven he's capable of getting a goal at this level, and I've said if he gets around 10 goals this season I'll consider it a success, but I wouldn't trust him to lead the line for us as a regular starter as I don't think he has the ability to do so. He's fluffed as many opportunities as he's scored goals too.

5. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    and no way you would judge edouard on one game. Thats nonsense. He wasnt anywhere near his best. A lot wernt in that game.

6. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    not saying he should be a regular atm, but given a season and if he showed progress, he could be a useful player.

he shows decent movement and work rate. Who knows what a few more goals and a bit of added confidence could do.

7. kingpenman1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    must be wum or troll

8. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Thought he looked tidy today.

9. Paradise88

I compared klimala and lewandowski because they aren't the type of players to skin or dribble. Goal scorers/ poachers. Klimala isn't gonna skin past people like Edouard does and lewandowski isn't gonna dribble past defenders like Serge gnabry.

Klimala needs to offer more than pace and pulling defenders out of position. Can anyone actually see him being a lone striker based in what we seen? I want him to be but I need to see him being more an all round player. At least Griff offers free kicks, corners on top of his game.

10. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I wasn't judging Klimala on just one game either. But I would judge their performance on the night. There's a difference there. I didn't say Edouard was near his best, I thought he was poor overall, but he still performed a lot better than Klimala did against St.Mirren.

Also, me asking what games can Klimala be judged on, if not the ones he starts, was highlighting that folk were making excuses for him because "it wasn't his type of game".

11. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    You haven't watched enough of Lewandowski if you think he can't dribble or go past a player.

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

COMPETITION for a place up front in the Hoops is at a premium with Odsonne Edouard and Albian Ajeti in such fine form but Patryk Klimala believes his hard work will pay off.

The Polish striker may only started one of Celtic’s seven league games this season but he has shown his potential with two goals as a substitute. Klimala believes that number should be at least four but, he is not letting the missed opportunities haunt him and insists there’ll be plenty of goals to come if he continues down the path he is on.

Neil Lennon handed Klimala his first start in the league this season in last week’s 2-1 win over St Mirren in Paisley and Klimala is eager for more playing time in the Hoops to show what he can do.

“It was a hard game against St Mirren,” said Klimala in an exclusive interview in this week's Celtic View. “It was a really important game for us because we needed to get all three points from our game in hand. St Mirren made it difficult for us, especially with them scoring the first goal. Once they were ahead they defended well and they sat very deep for all 90 minutes.

“For Odsonne and I, that made it a hard game. In total, we had around four or five shots on goal. There was no room to shoot on goal with so many players in and around the box and it became a possession game for us. We had to try and get crosses into the box and we got great goals from headers.

“I’m happy we got the win and with how the game went. Personally, I was happy with my performance given the kind of game it was and I’m looking forward to getting back out on the pitch. I’m in good shape and feel ready for the games ahead.”

St Mirren’s approach to the game was a familiar one for Celtic. The champions regularly come up against deep-lying defences in their domestic duties and space is hard to come by when opposition teams defend so deeply. Klimala knows he will encounter a similar situation time and time again with Celtic but he believes Neil Lennon is teaching him how to overcome such problems.

“I’ve learned a lot from the manager,” said the 22-year-old. “The most important thing he’s taught me is how to play with my back to goal. That is something we’ll have to do when we face teams who defend deep and limit the space.

“It was hard for me to adjust to problems like that when I first came here but now I feel confident in the set-up and with how the manager wants me to play. I feel like I’ve learned a lot more tactically under Neil Lennon than with any other manager I’ve played for so he’s definitely the best manager I’ve had in my life.”

Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    Tommy25 and Liam Scales like this.
  13. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

The good thing is if Eddy stays, Ajeti continues how he is and Griff comes back into the fold, the pressure is off Klimala completely. He’s not going to play every game, he can make appearances, chip in with goals and continue to learn. Next season I’d expect to see a lot more of him.

14. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    What a goal. Snapped in half, gets up and scores a belter.

The_Bhoy, Tommy25, luboagain and 3 others like this.
  15. marti~bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson & Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Aye. The want is strong in this one.

Tommy25 and Crilly like this.
  16. DonnyCelt

Jesus how fast did he get up to smash the ball i to the net. Well in Paddy son

Tommy25, luboagain and Crilly like this.
  17. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Unreal attitude. Most other players milk that and try get the red card.

Brilliant.

The_Bhoy, Tommy25 and Crilly like this.
  18. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

his attitude is absolutely phenomenal

The_Bhoy, Tommy25, Crilly and 4 others like this.
  19. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Brilliant goal, from the second he was chopped, to the finish.

Tommy25 and Crilly like this.
  20. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member