1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Patryk Klimala

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Jan 14, 2020.

Discuss Patryk Klimala in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. horseshoe

Had almost zero service last night, harsh to judge him on that even if the type of game suited him or not. Eddy wasn't any better most of the game.

G_portillo and stew37 like this.
  2. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Do feel for him, our recruitment at times (most of the time) is absolutely * mental and this is a prime example, signing a striker who's game is running in behind and scoring goals for Celtic is absolutely * pointless, the vast majority of sides sit back home and away against us we don't need a forward who's game is just running in behind we need players who can adapt to situations like last night and simply put this lad cant, it's not his fault because he's good at what he does and when there is space to run into he has shown he's got the ability to create chances and finish them off, his movement is pretty good, but at Celtic the excuse cannot be made that he doesn't suit the game for the rest of his life.

It's on Lennon for signing him and also starting him in a game which we knew he wouldn't suit, its also on the recruitment staff for being * * at times, and its also on Paddy K to try and adapt to games like yesterday, personally I'm not sure he can but we will see. Why we spend 3m on a player that is only useful in a handful of games though is beyond me, woeful from all involved.

Really like the kid and I hope he pushes on gets goals for us, but unless he improves technically and changes his game to a more all rounded one then he will struggle here as many teams aint coming out against us until the last 20 min which isn't worth a 3m striker.

Jeroen likes this.
  3. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    That’s just not true. Edouard was involved in the game and trying to make things happen. Klimala wasn’t. If he can’t do it against St.Mirren or Clyde when starting then who can he do it against?

4. stew37

Klimala was trying to make things happen as well, just wasn't a great game for either of them. The service was *, particularly in the first half.

buchanbhoy likes this.
  5. Big C

I think he played last night because Ajeti was tired after the Ross County game and Lennon didn’t want to start him and risk injury through tiredness. He still wanted to play 2 up front and he was his only option. I like the boy but as noted above his game is not coming to the ball. Similar to a certain Harold Brattbakk.

6. Paradise88

He's a lewandowski type player. Hang around the 6 yard line looking to put the foot in or grab a header. Unfortunately we need a more creative player to dribble past defenders and hold the ball up.

7. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Cant think of a time where i noticed space in behind their defence, which seems to be what Klimala likes to play in.
    I dont know if thats because their defence sat deep and frustrated us, or if our strikers just failed to trouble them.

but i like him and agree that it wasnt a fair game to judge.

PiotreQ likes this.
  8. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    What is a fair game to judge him in, if not the ones he starts?

Dan Breen likes this.
  9. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Don’t think he is a run in behind type player at all. He can do because he has pace but his game is about being busy, clever movement and creating his own chances through endeavour. The Vardy comparison is a better one albeit he’s miles off his level of finishing.

It’s always been a bad attribute on here but why is there so much flip flopping of opinion from minute to minute never mind game to game? Who really comes out of the game last night with major pass marks for their performance? Klimala wasn’t stand out poor by any stretch.

10. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

He was pish last night.

Callum McGregor likes this.
  11. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Wasn't hugely impressed with klimala but like a few other I felt for him. From what we have seen one of him one of his biggest assets is pace. When playing a team that has ten men camped outside their box, he doesn't really have the opportunity to demonstrate that pace and how dangerous it could be. You can be as quick as you like but it doesn't count for * if your running at a wall of 10 men.

I think we miss a jvoh, Sutton, Harrison type in these games. Teams have always sat in against us and we have to unlock it.

It's plain to see klimala is a decent player. He might even prove to be handy against teams that have a go at us. Against teams that camp in like that though, not sure he will be that effective. Hope an wrong.

It's no fluke we won that game with two headers imo

12. Maestro 08

If he wants a regular start he needs to show more when given these opportunities. Getting the nod last night then being utterly anonymous just adds weight to the view that he is better as an impact sub. Not really what u want to be tagged as, as a football player.

13. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Was happy to see him start, he needs to start games against the likes of St Mirren-and then start to figure out how play against packed defenses. Key is movement-thats what Griff brings, pulls defenders out of position, makes room for others. Also, when playing 2 up top, need to get more crosses into the box.

14. TheHappyLoss

Has the first touch of a brick wall, work on that and I think he will add something

15. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    He definitely needs to work on his touch. Twice late on today he had the ball played into his feet and just had to hold it in, but both times a slack touch surrendered possession which just wasn’t near good enough in the circumstances. Plenty of improvement needed, but he’s far from the only one.

16. kingpenman1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    he’s absolutely nothing like Lewandowski lol

17. Paradise88

Lewandowski is a glorified poacher

18. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    :56:

McGrory1888 likes this.
  19. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

U wot

He’s the most complete striker in the world. Followed by Benzema.

The_Bhoy, Keano88 and Callum McGregor like this.
  20. Barry Robson

Whit :56:. Lewa is far from being a poacher

Callum McGregor likes this.