1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Patryk Klimala

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Jan 14, 2020.

Discuss Patryk Klimala in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Tommy25 likes this.
  2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

[​IMG]

LIKE the rest of his Celtic team-mates, Patryk Klimala, is delighted to be back training at Lennoxtown, and the striker is enjoying his first pre-season with the Hoops.

The Polish striker joined Celtic in January this year from Jagiellonia Białystok, and made four appearances for the club before the football season was postponed.

The 21-year-old opted to remain in Glasgow with his fiancée rather than return home to Poland, and like the rest of Neil Lennon’s squad, worked on training programmes supplied by the sports science team.

Now, however, he’s working hard at Lennoxtown and looking forward to what will be a momentous season ahead for the Hoops.

“At the beginning when I signed, I was tired because I didn’t have a pre-season,” Klimala told the official Celtic website. “I had only two training sessions before joining Celtic so it was hard, but I made up for it over the lockdown and now I’m ready.

The staff gave me individual programmes which I followed. I made up for everything I missed, so hopefully everything will be good.

“I didn’t get to properly know everyone when I first signed, because I only had a month or so with the team before lockdown. I’m starting to get to know the team better now and I feel really happy and more settled.

“My fiancée and I really like Glasgow and now hopefully I can start playing regularly for the team.”

Neil Lennon’s side will go into the 2020/21 season as champions, having secured their ninth title in a row, and the target will be to create history by winning the Premiership for a tenth consecutive season.

There will be tough challenges ahead but Klimala is looking forward to the resumption of competitive football and is ready to play his part in the campaign.

“Celtic is a huge club and the fans are amazing,” he said. “To be the champions nine seasons in a row is a massive achievement and hopefully I’ll help us win the tenth.

“When I came here, I knew it would be a hard six months for me, and it was. My aim next season is to play and score goals, but the priority is help the team win ten-in-a-row.

“When I was in Poland I always wanted to play European football. It’s always been my ambition and this is what I’ve always wanted. Now hopefully I can show my quality and hopefully this season we qualify to the Champions League.

“Neil Lennon welcomed me really well. I didn’t know what to expect because I had never moved club in Poland. The manager believes in me and hopefully I can repay his faith.”

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    seamus1967 and tarboltontim like this.
  3. Scott smyth

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mikael lustig
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic song, the best ever
    Both Bayo and Kilmaya are looking very strong . I still think Bayo will come good just needs more games time and hopefully get it. The pity was the season ending the way it that neither of our January buys got any time of real note to let us see what they have. Soro is the one I'm looking forward to seeing. Looks like a player always moving, looking for passes and likes a tackle.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Like this boy's attitude..

Worked hard and looks like he knows this is his big chance to shine this season..

jimbobers likes this.
  5. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain

Making all the right noises and looks really toned. Should be able to steam through teams in the SPL.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  6. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Can't wait to see him in the heat of battle now cause with 3.5kg of extra muscle added he sounds really focused and determined to make his mark.

jimbobers likes this.
  7. jimbobers Gold Member Gold Member

Really looks like he’s going to bust a gut here to succeed, has worked hard in lockdown . Forgot he’s only 21 as well , could make an impact here this season

8. celtic warrior

Petrov mk.ii

TheHappyLoss and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  9. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Some effort to put on 3.5kg's of muscle in a short space of time, looking forward to see him settle in properly. With his pace and work rate I wonder if Lenny might try him as an option outwide as well.

10. CountyDownFaithful

Looks like he’s in phenomenal shape. Credit to him for putting in the hard work during lockdown. Really excited to see him next season

Rydo1888* likes this.
  11. Fiferbhoy1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    3.5 kgs of muscle is a fair amount to put on. If he's still as quick I don't think I'd fancy marking the * like. I like that he has potential to run in behind or pin and smash defenders. Love Eddy but the one thing that Dembele gave us that Eddy doesn't is that big physical presence, hopefully Klimala gives us that

12. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

3.5 kilo of muscle is some amount of eating never mind grafting in the gym.

Fair play to him, looks like his attitude is spot in.

13. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Forgot about him , let’s hope he shines this season .

bagforlife likes this.
  14. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

I think Eddie is far stronger than people give him credit for. He doesn’t look as explosive as mousse but He rag dolls plenty of players & I can’t mind him getting pushed about & getting the ball taken off him much.

15. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Eddie is solid but his close control in tight spaces plays a big part in how he keeps possession, unreal at times.

Lilac Wine and Spring Time like this.
  16. DonnyCelt

Think he's going to play a very important role this season. The lads attitude seems absolutely spot on

TheHappyLoss and Dan Breen like this.
  17. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    He's doing everything right so i expect him to make 2 sub appearances and then be shipped on loan to Legia and never see him again.

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

19. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Promising signs. Hope it translates into performances and goals.

Tommy25, Rydo1888* and TheHappyLoss like this.
  20. Foley1888

Here’s hoping he gets and takes his chance this season. If he can get a goal in one of his first appearances should do his confidence the world of good and help him kick on.

I am hoping both Soro and Klimala can prove to be good signings for us with a proper preseason and chance to bond with their team mates. We have had too many poor signings over the last 2 or 3 seasons.

Tommy25 and Dan Breen like this.