1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] Partick Thistle vs Celtic, Saturday, 12th March @ 12:30pm on Sky Sports

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Dáibhí, Mar 7, 2016.

Discuss Partick Thistle vs Celtic, Saturday, 12th March @ 12:30pm on Sky Sports in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

:smiley-laughing002: Exactly.
    That was definitely the players wanting to give something back to the fans, can tell they are wanting to make up for the amount of * performances this season.

2. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

comfortable. Should have been 4-5. Need to take our chances allah * it.

3. Kdawg

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I really enjoyed that, and so did everyone next to me by the sounds of it, except for one guy who was shouting "this is *" the whole way through. :smiley-laughing002:

That is what I want to see from our players - hard work and dedication. When they got their goal our players responded by pressing and closing down more. Tierney, Mcgregor, GMS and Bitton were the best on the park for me. I have never seen Bitton press and close down the opposition like he did yesterday.

A bit nervy at the end, but Ronny brought on Efe and I thought that slowed the play down and calmed the fans down a bit who were getting very nervous. It's good to see he has changed it up a bit the last two games and it has paid off.

A good performance and important 3 points. Great atmosphere, especially at the end, we really showed our support and you could see the players appreciated it. Brown, Bitton, Lustig, Eric and Colin all gave away their shirt. It really did feel like a team performance and dare I say it, there was a real feel of unity between the team and supporters after the whistle.

More of the same please Celtic.

4. W33kev

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson moravcik lambert
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa, athenry, willie maley,let the people sing
    1-2 scoreline flattered thistle imo celtic better find their shooting boots over the next few weeks, I don't see much wrong with the defence, if you look at the last 2 games against Hamilton and Dundee we dropped points in those games because we aint putting away chances or even getting them on target 17 attempts against partick only 2 goals

5. Dazza

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    I don't think Efe coming on calmed anyone down, no me anyway :smiley-laughing002::smiley-laughing002:

6. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

yeah that was funny efe came on showing 3 fingers and shouting 3 central defenders and was gesticulating to eric to move out to the right but

erik learns quick he didnt move i guess he's heard all about efes calamitous traits :smiley-laughing002:

7. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Good sedond half performance and fully deserved the 3 points for sure. I thought in particular that Mulgrew was very composed at the back and he and Sviatchenko have done well together in the last couple of games. I know Simunovic is back in training so he should be available again fairly soon. But for me right now I would not rush him back into the team at all. Our biggest weakness by far IMHO this season has been at center back and Mulgrew and Svaitchenko have looked quite good there together the last 2 games so for now I would be inclined to leave them together and allow they to get more used to playing with each other. Looking down the road I think Simunovic and Sviatchenko have the makings of a good center back pairing but given we finally look to have something there now with Mulgrew and Svaitchenko I would not be changing that unless we have to.