1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Partick Thistle v Celtic, 18th Jan, 17:30 KO, Scottish Cup, Premier Sports

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Callum McGregor, Jan 6, 2020.

Discuss Partick Thistle v Celtic, 18th Jan, 17:30 KO, Scottish Cup, Premier Sports in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CheGuevara

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I must be in a minority of one It I thought we played pretty well. The scoreline didn't flatter us but the performance was sound.

2. CFC.1

Thought we started well, then took the foot off the gas. Which seems to happen too often for me, don’t think we’re ruthless enough sometimes.

3. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Lenny said it himself tho, we need to be more clinical, getting the goals that our performances merit. Hopefully with Kimala signed the competition for places will add that extra impetus.

Slim score lines can come back to bite you and there's been too many under Lenny.. As the pressure builds in the run in it's the last thing we need.

4. CheGuevara

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I don't doubt that but if Eddy takes a fraction off his shot and we get a penalty that could have been a landslide. For a first game back after the break I thought we were fairly impressive.

5. Maestro 08

Same as before the break . Failure to take our chances and sloppy in our defensive work. A * Partick team could and prob should have scored 3 goals. Worrying.

6. elbhoydo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Got the result but that wasn't a great game overall I thought. Not enough drive from midfield and too much side to side Rodgers pish at times. Hopefully better to come with hopefully full strength team soon. When I saw Brown, Ntcham and Calmac I wasn't really expecting high tempo.

7. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Aye I thought we played fine, considering we were trialling a new system too.

We did look rusty and were sloppy at times tho, that’s to be expected. If Miller had scored it could have been a bit more nervy, their pen and that chance was due to our sloppiness.

We will need to play better on Wed, tough game to start the 2nd part of the league campaign and ultimately the run in..

CheGuevara likes this.
  8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

9. Cupid Stunt

What was the Sportscene analysis of the refereeing like?