1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Our front 4

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by PaddyBhoy, Feb 12, 2015.

Discuss Our front 4 in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. PaddyBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joos Valgaeren
    We really have got strength in depth now. To the extent where we could play about 3 completely different front 4's and still be confident.

Who would you put as your front 4. I think Ronny's going to have a real head * here, because there's going to be players left out, who deserve to be playing. But that's a headfuck that you want to have!...It's exciting times.

For me, I think Commons and Johansen both have to play, so really it's only the other 2 slots I'm toying with.

I * love GMS, and I don't want to leave him out.

I'd maybe go with;

GMS Commons Johansen

Guidetti

This would leave a balance of pace,flair, energy and shooting ability. I really want Armstrong to be playing too though, so I'm struggling here :smiley-laughing002:.... it's also harsh to leave Stokes and Griffiths out. But i just think there's better players there unfortunately.

The reason I've gone for Guidetti is because I think he's the smarter link up player. I think he's the better all round player than Griffiths (excluding pace) But I do really like Griffiths too. I just think Guidetti when he hits form, is going to be formidable.

2. Stevieg78

Thought last nights looked pretty sharp!

3. PaddyBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joos Valgaeren

Me too mate. Just think Commons has to play. But if we continue to play the team we had last night I'll be happy, and Commons will just have to fight to get back into the team.

4. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

The team last night played the best pressing game all season, I just don't like it when Commons doesn't play well he doesn't try as hard off the ball and he's already quite a lazy player off the ball.
    It really is a tough choice who to pick in the front 4 which is great thing though, good competition for each spot.
    If Commons does play it will probably RAM/LAM and interchanging with Johansen who will be in the middle.

5. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Last night's starting 11 was pretty much spot on for me.
    Lustig for Matthe. Wouldn't change anything else

The front four last night were a delight to watch, papace, skill, work rates and the 3 attack mids all capable of falling back to support.
    Forest, mcgregor and commons another good set up.
    And then you've still got stokes and genders henderson thenderson to come in.

6. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I'd go with the same as last night, but swap Griffiths for Guidetti.

Commons doesn't need to play, he doesn't have the same energy and pace as the 3 that played last night. We looked intimidating every time we went forward and I think that's down to the added pace in the team.

7. cammy07

Who? :56:

8. hendycfc

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gary Hooper
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Agree with this. Last nights starting 11 with the exception of Lustig being injured is our best 11.

9. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Commons Johansen Stokes
    Guidetti​

10. PaddyBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joos Valgaeren
    Ronny mentioned again about pace last night. It's evident that's what he wants. Just can't see stokes getting back in the team. Which really shows the strength in depth we have

11. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Pace would suggest:

Forrest Johansen GMS
    Griffiths

Or Armstrong on the right over the man of glass.

I'd much prefer Commons, Stokes and Guidetti.

12. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    * phone. Just "henderson " lol

13. PaddyBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joos Valgaeren
    I wouldn't argue with stokes playing either..

It also means with all these options. We don't really need to worry about the odd injury!

It reminds me of the time we had wanyama ledley kayal ki brown for CM

14. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I think Armstrong will be the surprise package looking at what folk are choosing.

The passage of play that led to his goal last night contained a superb first touch defence splitting pass, movement into space and a good finish. I reckon he will do that for us regularly given the chance.

15. PaddyBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joos Valgaeren

Can't disagree with that.

I also thought it was a very unselfish pass to guidetti... His link up play with GMS is class aswell. And GMS ball through to guidetti when he was "offside" was superb too

16. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Can't disagree with that. He was a little off the pace last night though in terms of fitness and I can't justify putting him ahead of Commons or Stokes at this moment in time.

17. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

That just strikes me as so slow and boring. I know they've been here for years and some would say they don't deserve to be dropped, but I'm shocked that you'd leave out the two new signings who are something different and far more exciting.

18. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I'm shocked you'd drop Commons and Stokes without hesitation for two unproven guys from Dundee United.

If a Dundee United fan a few months ago said to me "our Armstrong and GMS are better players than Kris Commons and Anthony Stokes" I wouldn't be having it. That doesn't change just because we signed them a week ago. They're going to have to work their way into the side if they want to dislodge our POTY and our top Assister and top scorer in the league.

19. PaddyBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joos Valgaeren
    Stokes won't be near that team slaw. I'm pretty confident in that. As long as Armstrong, GMS or Forrest are fit I don't think stokes will be starting anytime soon.

Through no fault of his own. I just have a feeling he's not in ronnys plans

20. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Going forward I think it's clear that Ronny wants more natural width than Stokes provides.. but right now, Stokes is part of our strongest starting 11.