1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Osaze Urhoghide

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Jul 1, 2021.

Discuss Osaze Urhoghide in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Never said that, I said Dundee or other club.

So playing each week is much better than not.

2. celtic20

Aye that's what I'm saying mate. Another club would be ideal. Not Dundee in my view though. I would be surprised if there isn't another option there for him.

3. bhoy81

If there is no other option I would still want him to go to Dundee, it’s a team in our league and it’s game time.

Rather he played minutes on the pitch rather than be on the bench or even worse not make the squad.

Dan Breen likes this.
  4. celtic20

If there is no other option I could understand sending him over there. But for now I wouldn't be jumping at it. I can't see it being the only offer for him.

5. bhoy81

Maybe someone mite come in but if a team are showing interest like them then maybe send him due to getting game time there.

It’s the same league and at least he will be playing against the standard week in and week out.

Whatever happens I hope he is out on loan in this window so he can progress.

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic in talks with European clubs over Osaze Urhoghide – Verona and KV Oostende keen
    The immediate future of Celtic’s young defender, Osaze Urhoghide, could be decided shortly – with the Bhoys in talks to send him out on loan.

It is no secret that there are plans for the former Sheffield Wednesday youngster to go out on loan this month as he goes in search of more regular game time elsewhere, however Celtic do have long-term plans for him at this point in time and have rebuffed enquiries about a permanent move away.

Now, with a week left of the transfer window, The Scotsman understands that the Scottish giants are in talks with Serie A outfit, Verona, and Belgian Pro League side, KV Oostende, as the two clubs look to bolster their backline for the second half of the 2021/22 campaign.

Plenty of clubs have shown an interest in the 21-year-old, from England and overseas, with Urhoghide’s Dutch passport making him attractive to clubs in Europe – and Celtic would no doubt like to see him getting European experience as he continues his development

The defender joined the Bhoys last year as a free agent from the Owls, but hasn’t been able to make too many appearances in green and white since then – however did make his UEFA Europa League debut recently in a 3-2 win over Real Betis and was praised for his performance in that encounter.

At this point in time no decision has been made on where Urhoghide will end up, but it is certainly the clubs nicknamed I Gialloblu and De Kustboys that are currently leading the race for his signature as he looks to get playing again in 2022

7. GavCFC1

8. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Definitely needs the game time so good move if this is true.

9. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Good move for him, defo needs game time

10. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I hope it goes well for him.

11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    That's a really good loan for him..

Safe, mid table-ish, top flight Belgian side..

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic misfit Osaze Urhoghide is reportedly on the verge of sealing a loan move to Belgian side KV Oostende.

The 21-year-old moved to Parkhead in the summer after leaving Sheffield Wednesday but has found game time hard to come by under Ange Postecoglou.

The defender's sole appearance came in a dead rubber Europa League tie against Real Betis, and it's been reported he has struggled in training.

Verona were linked with a move for him in January but it appears Serie A will not be Urhoghide's next destination.

According to the Scotsman the centre-back has flown out to Belgium to seal a loan move to Oostende before Monday's transfer
    deadline.

There is not expected to be an option to buy included in the deal, with Celtic keen to monitor the youngster's development

Urhoghide has three-and-a-half years remaining on his Celtic contract.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2022
  13. PaddyJamieson

Brilliant move, better than I was expecting tbh. If Jack Hendry did well there put money on this guy winning player of the year.

14. Big C

I hope he does well. Never good enough for us and will be lucky if he has a decent career. Athletic but not a footballer at any level.

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

16. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    The club rejecting permanent bids for him shows he's rated in some way at the club. Hopefully this move provides him with the development needed to make the next step with us.

17. freederry20

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Wanyama, Hartson, Balde, Petrov, Lennon, Commons, Boruc, Brown, Van Dyk.
    Bit harsh the article calling him a misfit! Only signed few months back.

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

KVO has strengthened itself on this Transfer Deadline Day with 21-year-old defender Osaze Urhoghide. KVO rents him from Celtic Glasgow and also negotiated a purchase option.

The Englishman with Nigerian roots was born in the Netherlands but moved to the United Kingdom when he was five years old. There he went through the youth ranks of FC Wimbledon and broke through one year ago as a professional football player with Sheffield Wednesday in the English Championship. There he immediately stood out as a tough and fast defender and that sparked interest from several clubs all over Europe. In the end it was Celtic Glasgow that came out on top.
    At the Scottish top club, he made his Europa League debut last December against the Spanish Real Betis. Celtic won 3-2 and Urhoghide played the entire match at right back. However, it is the central defender position that suits him best.

Gauthier Ganaye: “We have been following Osaze for quite some time so we are very pleased with his arrival. Moreover, we absolutely wanted to negotiate a purchase option because we firmly believe in his talent. We try to avoid renting without a purchase option in our philosophy and I am therefore happy with the deal that we have obtained. Of course, comparisons will now be made with Jack Hendry, but Osaze is a lot younger than Jack and above all still has a lot of progression margin. At KVO we are known for making young players better and we now want to do the same with him. I'm looking forward to seeing him make his first minutes here."

Osaze Urhoghide : “I'm a defender who doesn't shy away from duels, I like hard defense and I always give 100% for the colors of my club. At an absolute top club like Celtic, it is no easy task to become a basic player as a young player. I learned a lot every week during training, but now it was time for me to also make effective playing minutes. That is also the reason why I chose KVO. This club has a philosophy to give young players opportunities and make them better and that sounds like music to my ears. I hope to be able to play my first minutes here soon.

MickeyyMack likes this.
  19. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Purchase option also , don’t think that’s the best ideas tbf

20. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Unless it's been translated incorrectly, it looks like they have an option to buy, which is disappointing if true.

Moustache and Artorias like this.