1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Open Goal

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by Luis1967, Dec 9, 2017.

Discuss Open Goal in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Fair enough, was just calling it how I seen it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Just seen the IGTV with Lewis Capaldi making an appearance

Oh dear

Kinda group you would see in a pub and think "fannies"

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

4. Mr. Slippyfist

* being stuck in a pub with those balloons...

Look at the state of them.

5. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Would be migraine inducing if you were to sit in a booth next to theirs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neilly1987 likes this.
  6. Chieftain

Fav Celtic Player:
    Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Listening to the premier league episode from today. I'm all for lads banter...but every second joke is about gay innuendo...bit tiresome.

7. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Listened to Robbie Nielson’s, it annoys me that people I dislike are likeable and there’s been a good few Open Goal interviews thats done that to me now.

Breathnach67 likes this.
  8. Maestro 08

Aye but 3 weeks ago was he not a useless * blah de bah. These clowns just talk pure pish. The only difference in the pish they talk is what guest they have on that week. Complete idiot's imo

9. Maestro 08

Aye they are totally one dimensional. Look at yer gear, look at yer missus....boring *

10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That’s one of it’s plus points for me mate, it’s an unfiltered view of what a dressing room would actually be like. One of the thing’s I dind pure interesting is how much the older guys, ones that are 30 odd and beyond, dislike coaches who are overly tactical. The younger guys adore it.

It’s a small example of how footballs evolved, listening to Lennon’s original team raving about him and in the same sentence talking about how younger players don’t like not having rigid tactica and Lennon’s approach explains a lot about this season to me.

There’s a lot of idiots in football, it’s a view into it I think.

11. Maestro 08

I know what you're saying and I used to really like it but it's gone past being interesting and revealing to the point of it just being totally one dimensional and reactionary. The guys on it are just playing to the masses and I genuinely don't like it anymore

Breathnach67 likes this.
  12. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Aye I get that, I don’t watch just them unless it’s like the one Tierney was on.

The player interviews are brilliant though, he’s got a good way of talking and getting stories you wouldn’t get with conventional interviews.

Breathnach67 likes this.
  13. Maestro 08

I'm prob bring ignorant but I just don't see this 'insight' in the 1 on 1's anymore. For me there's a chance to expose the real issues at the heart of our game but they want to shy away from that and keep the laughs, laughs goin. The laughs are getting pretty thin on the ground and for me unless they start to reflective the actual feeling amongst the fans they will use up the fuel asap and be living off fumes.

14. Maestro 08

Pure boredom.

Once you get passed Ferry talking about how hilarious he is and how ugly you are then he might tell you how much better Slaney is than you....and so on. Total and utter boredom from a bunch of boring nobodies. Mind this btw........Ferry teaches our youth, that utter gobshite poisoning our young players with his useless guff! Jobs for the Bhoys indeed.

Breathnach67 likes this.
  15. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    It’s ground level insights for me mate, players talking about the feeling in dressing rooms or how players reacted to styles of coaching or what they’ve been asked to do on the pitch. It’s wrapped in * banter but it’s a glimpse into the mentality of dressing room’s we don’t usually see.

And the older ones give us some stories we’d not hear otherwise. McGeady’s one is brilliant, for example. Or Hartley talking about when you went in at half time and Strachan was eating they got ready for a bollocking.

We tend to forget a lot of players we adore are a bunch of dafties who can kick a baw good.

Breathnach67 likes this.
  16. Maestro 08

It's been done to death though. The decent stuff was a couple of years back now. What we are being offered is just regurgitated crap. I know the feelings in the dressing rooms, I know the pishy gags and the less than dynamite banter. Scrapping the barrel now. They need to move on and get some genuinely insightful contributions. Personally I think they have peaked and it's now a slow demise.

Breathnach67 likes this.
  17. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I thought Neilson’s one was good there, talking about the lower leagues and how to handle expectations. The difference the last two seasons with United and Hearts to the first time when the Scum and Hibs were there, talking about adapting to Tynecastle without fans there.

The repetitive jokes do ma nut in but they get people talking.

18. Maestro 08

Fair enough. If what you say is accurate then the audience for them will continue to grow and I'll be proved wrong. For me I've long since gone past my hard-on for the show and feel like I've seen the guys behind it for what the truly are NOW...not necessarily bad guys or liars but definitely exploiting certain scenarios and traits to the point they have become fake for me. Anyway as long as you enjoy it then you should persevere. For me I'm done with it

19. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That’s fair mate, I don’t think it’s fakeness. Just a bunch of dafties with the same * patter having a laugh and ye can pick out some gems cos of that.

Maestro 08 likes this.
  20. Maestro 08

When it first started it was such a breath of fresh air and I couldn't get enough of it but for me they haven't moved with the times and if they don't adapt it will eventually peter out. It's up to them to adapt, they have the bones of a good show. Or alternatively they could give Mulgrew a full time gig... he's dynamite