1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Odsonne Edouard

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by CelticKurd, Aug 31, 2017.

Discuss Odsonne Edouard in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

He has so many deficiencies to his game and is incredibly selfish.

2. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    We completely transformed our attack on his fee alone.

Out: Edourard

In: Maeda
    Jota
    Abada
    Kyogo
    GG

3. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Hasn't been the same player since the season that was called because of covid. No idea what's happened to him.

4. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Yeah he looked unreal before the lockdown

The Phoenix likes this.
  5. Lewis Kerr

Never had the work-rate or committment to better himself really. Came in as a hidden gem youth talent and tore it up for a few seasons. Thought he'd go on to great things. But evidently didn't bother his * to work on his deficiencies in the last few years. Not buying this Covid crap. Obviously he wasn't helped by the former regime, but he just doesn't have the application to go where his talent should take him. I don't think I've ever seen him run as much or battle the way we've seen Giakoumakis, Maeda and Kyogo have this season.

Morcombe likes this.
  6. JamesM09

Yeah I think he has all the talent to get to the top but spent far too long not bothering his * and now he’s struggling to lift his game.

It’s all a bit strange because you can see he wants to try hard. Even here at times he would start a game as though he was like, “right I’m going to try hard here” but after 15 minutes he would chuck it again.

Hopefully he can sort himself out, if only for the sell-on fee.

7. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

Don't miss him at all really, capable of moments of greatness but just too lazy for me..

The Phoenix likes this.
  8. Foley1888

Glad he showed some early form when he went down there as he likely done enough in terms of appearances to trigger some of his add ons and also scored a few.

I am also sure it was mentioned that as long as Palace stayed up we were due some of the £4.5m add ons.

The Ajer deal with Brentford was similar that a large chunk of the £4m add ons was due if Brentford stayed up which they look like doing.

Last was Christie who we were due another £2m if Bournemouth get up and they are in a strong position to get 2nd, 6 points clear of third with a few games in hand.

We should hopefully see most of the above and also have potential sell ons on a few players although now Tierney and Frimpong are injured. There’s also Moussa but it’s unlikely that will be worth much.

9. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    I posted that at half time but there's been a good few games he hasn't appeared at all.

10. celtic warrior

It is defo not the norm but we have replaced Eddie with so many goal involvements with those names...unreal returns

Edit: 58 goals and 27 assists....that's how to replace a player. Outstanding recruitment.

11. Hydrobhoy

scary to think that edouard sold for 16m and as previously posted we bought kyogo maeda giakoumakis jota (potential) abada for 16m but they are probs worth 16m+ each... infact they're aw priceless to us

12. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Couldny gee a * about him, skillful player but his lack of movement and work rate up front was * garbage and no surprise he's struggling in the EPL, he thinks hes Berbatov when he's not that good and still need to put in a shift.

Dembele was a the real deal.

13. Pacific Ocean Blue

I thought he was better than Dembele pre covid. On reflection, i was talking *

Slaw, neilly1987, bobs1974 and 3 others like this.
  14. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    It used to annoy me that he'd try to beat 3 or 4 men when passing to a teammate in a very good position, or even shooting, would have been a better option.

He seemed to * up quite a few of our attacks near the end.

neilly1987 and Wee Baldy like this.
  15. Born green

Spot on. I've been saying it for years, but I do think a lot of people dropped their standard of what a Celtic level striker is. Probably due to the fact we were still winning leagues and cups regularly. He looks good on YouTube clips, but if you watch him for 90mins, he was/is infuriating. At least to me.

Cringer67 likes this.
  16. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Incredible really, that we managed to get so much for him in the last year of his contract.

He’s a bit *. Wouldn’t want to be with him in the trenches, that’s for sure.

17. Bhoyyo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    jelly & icecream when rangers die
    Wouldn't make the bench under Ange with his attitude

18. Pacific Ocean Blue

You could probably argue we were in the trenches footballing wise in the 10 in a row season: he was *

19. dmccourt95

I wonder if something else happened to him off the field on top of getting covid, I know his attitude isn’t the best but doesn’t really explain why he’s no kicked on since leaving us. His form for the first few months of 2020 looked like he was going to kick on to another level and be at a top club in Europe

20. murphy88

Aye, he definitely became a far more greedier player the longer he was here.