1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Odsonne Edouard

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by CelticKurd, Aug 31, 2017.

Discuss Odsonne Edouard in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Bhoyyo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    jelly & icecream when rangers die
    There's no doubt the natural ability is there but no world class player has Edouard's lackadaisical attitude. Real shame. Get him punted Celtic, the jersey doesn't shrink!!

2. themouth1888

Stealing a wage from us

3. Lewis Kerr

He's regressed MASSIVELY.

We keep talking about his attitude and lack of heart but he is just doing the basics wrong. 19-20 Edouard was unreal. His link up play, dribbling and finishing have all deserted him. He's fluffing basic passes, slowing the play down, missing easy chances and cannot beat a man anymore. He is a million miles away from the Edouard under Rodgers and Lenny's first season. Goldson has dominated him in the last 5 or 6 games ffs.

The best thing for all parties is to sell him to the highest bidder. I've had enough of him now. Today was an abomination of a performance but one that we've seen 20 times in the last year. Just go.

Slaw and Chieftain like this.
  4. Daver

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo. A phenomenon
    Needs a fresh start somewhere. Still find it incredible after a hat trick to start last season in the league he fell away to such an extent. Up until that point an absolute machine.

Criminal miss today, and it clearly plagued him for the rest of his match.

bit frustrating, as it would have been nice to see him score if it’s potentially his last game for us. Even considering he has been poor for a year now, his record domestically overall is very good considering he’s really not suited to being up front solo.

Hammy89 likes this.
  5. James Gold Member Gold Member

Am I correct in saying he played on the wing in the 3-2 game and Dembele was through the middle ?

6. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Despise him, if he's here by end of window never want him to play again, hope the manager has the common sense not to pick the useless *, maybe bit harsh but would prefer if he is daft enough that he isn't fit to play for us.

Never hated a Celtic player more than this *, just shading Ntchump.

7. scootz

See, I struggle with this - players with natural ability almost always put sitters away when the chances come. Sure they are allowed the occasional sclaff, but they generally stick the ball in the net.

Edouard misses so many tap-ins that it calls his ‘natural ability’ into serious question.

I wasn’t a fan when he first arrived, but I could see the potential was there. He then hit a hot-streak whilst we were dominating Scottish football… and then fell off the radar spectacularly!

I don’t rate him… and I don’t see him getting any better with us. Could he realise his potential elsewhere? Possibly, but I suspect he will more than likely need to be spoonfed by having excellent players around him.

Punt. ASAP!

8. Chieftain

Fav Celtic Player:
    Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    * criminal performance. When the ball was on the wing and being ready to be crossed in, he was static, no movement at all. Goldson and Helander could have had deckchairs out defending against him. I want to see Kyogo through the middle for 90 minutes next time. * off with this lazy *.

9. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Woeful miss not arsed whether he stays or not anymore.

cidermaster likes this.
  10. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Aye.

James likes this.
  11. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    Yeah he came on for Rogic or Sinclair after we went down to 10 I think.

James likes this.
  12. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    Hopefully he is away this week for a decent fee , he has been a passenger for too long .

cidermaster likes this.
  13. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Aye. Rodgers spotted Tavernier pushing up too much and put Edouard on to exploit it.

James likes this.
  14. Born green

This is one of the things I've always thought. No matter how quiet or poor a game Larsson was having, he would still be good for a moment of magic. Currently, I think both Kyogo and Turnbull have that as well. Even playing poorly, you always think they are capable of pulling something out their *, regardless of the way everyone else around them is playing.

However, Eddy doesn't have that. If the team aren't performing, he most certainly won't be the game changer. You might as well just hook him, because I never have any faith he'll produce something top class in those situations.

scootz likes this.
  15. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I actually hate the *.

He's dafter and softer than Samaras, Samaras at least attacked headers and tried to rough up defenders and won flick-ons.

He allows opposition defenders the easiest games they'll play all season, his movement is piis poor, his positioning in the box is shocking and he makes zero attempt to challenge for long balls up the park - partly because the daft * is never switched on and thinking about what area to be in, or on the move so if a ball comes near him he's already running and in a position to win it. He's always standing still and standing still in areas that are zero use.

* brutal watching him as your striker, he needs someone else to play off of.

Hopefully the Greek even if he has the technical ability of Kenny Miller is actually a clever striker who will rough * up and offer you something.

Creativecelt and Born green like this.
  16. jimbobers Gold Member Gold Member

His fee has probably gone down by a couple more million , he should be busting a gut if he wants a decent move , maybe it’s just arrogance or he’s as thick as * ?

17. Martybhoy53

I have a horrible feeling that this moody lazy * will run down his contract and leave for nothing at the end of the season to get his own back for not getting a move last season. A charlatan.

18. Damnati

Can't believe he's been defended lately for putting half a shift in. He's a lazy coward. Get him to * for whatever money we can get.

jimbobers likes this.
  19. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Please Palace/Everton, put the bid.

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  20. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member