1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Odsonne Edouard

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by CelticKurd, Aug 31, 2017.

Discuss Odsonne Edouard in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    We couldn't afford Jonjoe so there are positives to not having the EPL money.

2. Maestro 08

:56: how he crow barred that into that discussion was utterly fuxkin disgusting. The biggest example of whataboutery you'll ever see and given air on the national radio station. 'It's disgraceful what happened to Furuhashi BUT.......' as soon as the 'but' leaves his mouth you just know you are about to be exposed to peak Hun drivel.

HoopyT and Wee Baldy like this.
  3. dmccourt95

They have some amount of deadwood in that squad

NomDePlum likes this.
  4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Ange Postecoglou won’t wrap Odsonne Edouard in cotton wool as Celtic prepare to go to the wire in the transfer window to get maximum money for the striker.

The Frenchman is the subject of a bidding war with Everton, Crystal Palace and Brighton battling to land him and Spurs watching developments ahead of deadline day on Tuesday.

Bordeaux look set to get priced out of the running while Rubin Kazan are preparing an £18million offer.

Edouard is keen on a move to England but Celtic are willing to sit tight to get top dollar for the 23-year-old, who is in the final year of his contract.

Postecoglou won’t hesitate to play him in the Old Firm clash despite that interest and is willing to hand him a key role at Ibrox.

He said: “No-one can tell me that they are watching Odsonne play at the moment and say that he is not giving everything for the team.

Even on Thursday against AZ I thought he came on and made a difference for us.

We didn’t start with him because I felt they would come at us and with Kyogo and Liel Abada’s speed and Ryan Christie wide we could get into the space behind them and cause them some real problems.

“I had the feeling we would need Odsonne later to hold the ball up and I thought he did his job superbly for us.

“He scored on the weekend win against St Mirren and he is in good form right now.

“You know there is no hesitation whatsoever for me to select him against Rangers.”

tarboltontim, superceltic67 and eire4 like this.
  5. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    All sounds good and makes sense to me. Hopefully whether it is off the bench if Kyogo is fit or from the start if he is not Edouard signs off with a big performance and some goals. It certainly does seem like tomorrow will be his last game in the hoops. Have to assume/hope that we are right there in terms of a deal to sign his replacement next week as well. Kyogo is great but we do need someone up front with a bit more physical presence as well.

6. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Just keep him ffs, he's irreplaceable

superceltic67 likes this.
  7. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    He's good but he's no Henrik Larsson, definitely replaceable, just maybe not in this window with the time left

Xatraps likes this.
  8. TheHappyLoss

If he’s fit and interested he puts us in a much stronger position for the title. It can’t always be about money can it? You remember titles not balance sheets. If you are going destroy these * today mate !

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  9. kenyan_bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    His last game today I reckon. Hope he signs off in style.

TheHappyLoss and Callum McGregor like this.
  10. Big C

He must start for us unless they think his attitude is wrong.

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  11. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    My thoughts exactly. Think he'll be on the bench again but would love for him to score another Ibrox winner as a send off.

12. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    I'll say it Again, question remains why would you leave a club that's potentially going to win this league and get automatic CL football? Highest level club football in the world. You won't get that at friggin Palace.

Regardless, if he does go, let's hope he reminds us again why he is still the best striker in the country

martin_d and FairDinkumMate like this.
  13. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Agree. Plus, if he signed a year’s extension, helped us win the league, and then turned it on in the CL, and looked to move in January 2023, bigger teams would come calling than the few EPL bottom feeders who are currently in for him.

And, despite him having 6 months left, we should also get more money for him then, or at least the same £15-20m fees that are being bandied about just now, but having had the use of him for 18 months longer.

I just don’t understand why he’s seemingly so desperate to leave when his stock is so low.

14. Al Bootyerbaws

He wants to leave because he's being offered more money than he is getting with us. I get what you're saying though, if he hung about he would probably end up with better teams chasing him but the agents will be in his ear promising him the world.

15. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

Providing he gives everything today he can sign off in style. It’s all fine and we’ll Ange saying he won’t wrap him in cotton wool but there’s also a chance eddys thoughts will be on keeping injury free and therefore not getting dug in.

mayo and Artorias like this.
  16. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Eddy hates der hun as much as the rest of us, he'll get properly stuck into them

17. mayo

If this is your final game then bow out in style Eddy Bhoy

18. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    Excellent Ralston.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke