1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Odsonne Edouard

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by CelticKurd, Aug 31, 2017.

Discuss Odsonne Edouard in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    The tweet says 18 million Euros so closer to £15 million.

We should still sell him though. If he wants to go he should leave.

2. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Must be lost in translation though, Crystal Palace and Celtic wouldn't be dealing in Euros.

NomDePlum likes this.
  3. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    I really don't think those we've been linked with are of the quality required to replace Edouard.

That's a real worry for me.

However, the effect of that is probably offset by the fact Edouard doesn't really to be here and his performances are suffering as a result. Therefore, how much of a loss would he be if he did leave?

I think if he did stay he'd still get quite a few goals - he managed it last year despite the awfulness of the management. But would rather a really committed player. We're going to need a lot of fight this season, the title is there to be won. Does Edouard still have that hunger?

4. jj81

Its like watching Chris Killen on glue

Ziggy likes this.
  5. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    His replacement has already been signed, it’s a confusing thing for us because it’s forward planning but Kyogo is, and was signed as, our first choice striker.

Similar to signing Eddy himself, he was signed to replace Dembele. We should always make sure we’re not left in the lurch by a player wanting to leave, it won’t be a surprise for us.

And if he stays, again like we tried to do with Dembele before him, class players can compliment each other.

My biggest worry is how long it’s taking for the likes of Juranovic to come in and still playing for other clubs in Europe and the like… Because we might just be waiting for Eddy to be sold and have no plans to get them in without that cash.

Which is ridiculous with how much we’ve brought in already. Ajer’s fee alone covers it, say Frimpongs fee was covering covid financial issues. We still got fees for Bayo and Klimala, and I’m sure somebody else I’m forgetting.

Laxalt, Moi, Kenny and Duffy off the wage bill as well. Which must have been a good chunk of money between Duffy and Moi alone. We’ve recruited well so far and tempered the fans anger somewhat with how Kyogo and Abada are performing but of the window shuts with Tony Ralves being the only right back, and being an injury to Welsh away from disaster at the back… McKay will never recover the fans and we really need to avoid that toxic atmosphere when Ange is winning a positive feeling back for us.

6. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I think Kyogo is a decent replacement...

7. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just done 7 * paragraphs to say this:56:

NomDePlum and Hammy89 like this.
  8. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You are welcome x

Last edited: Aug 21, 2021
    NomDePlum likes this.
  9. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Geeing me a showing up mate

Hammy89 likes this.
  10. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I kinda want to see the seven paragraphs, mind.

My two cents are that we had Edouard in at the same time to replace Dembele. Now everyone has harped on that we need to do this going forward (which I feel we should be doing with Christie by getting in McCann). In my eyes we're already prepared for Edouard's departure with Kyogo. What we're not prepared for is when Kyogo is unavailable or needs a rest.

You look behind him out with Edouard and we have Ajeti and Griffiths. Both won't be here next season as one of then isn't good enough and the other isn't good enough and is also a complete scumbag.

We need depth in the striker areas desperately as Kyogo is the ONLY reliable goalscorer at the club if Edouard is to leave.

Liam Scales likes this.
  11. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    We have other reliable goalscorers but they depend on playing behind a striker that can link up with them. Forrest, (by the looks of it so far) Abada, Turnbull and in the past even Christie. But it’s no use if somecunts no making the space up front. And that’s not Ajeti and Griffiths can * off.

Hammy89 likes this.
  12. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Completely agree.

Sorry, when I meant goalscorer, I meant a goalscoring striker. Griffiths and Ajeti just don't pitch in with goals. You're right, even their all round play doesn't help our other players going forward either.

Like I said, I doubt that either will be here this time next year. I'd like to think on the back of Ange's comments yesterday that we could see another Japanese striker come in in January as he said he's looking to go back into that market then when they're season has finished.

On a side note, I think there should be a standard time frame for universal seasons. Can't be arsed with teams finishing in winter so they don't want to sell now. Just give us your players now, ya slags.

13. oh bhoy

im pretty sure we could find the money to land somewhere between the £ 85k/ week he wants and what hes on presently to at least tempt him to sign a new deal or not,i mean id rather keep him for the season and have him contribute to winning the league than lose him for £15 m which if rumours are to believed we owe 40%of to psg . try and get ajeti and griffiths out to minimise the loss as hes still a far better option than them

14. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Probably the well linked Maeda. I would think that Ange’s relationship with Yokohama FM will be the reason that it’ll be the winter window, probably have an agreement in place already.

15. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    * it probably an unpopular opinion but I hope he stays.

rudebhoy67 likes this.
  16. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Want him to stay. Won't find a good enough replacement...

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

18. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    If Palace are offering 15 million we should be absolutely putting on a sell on percentage with that as well.

Would be happy with that. Would could bring in 3/4 players with Eddy sale and complete the team for this season.

19. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Suspect if CP are offering 15M, they will be prepared to go higher. Even at 15M, punt, and bring in Greek guy, McCann and that Croat LW.

20. jimbobers Gold Member Gold Member

You just know if he leaves it will be last minute, with no time to bring in new players. Can’t stand the sight of him now and just want him gone . We need players fully committed to the cause and he can take christie with him as well .