1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Odsonne Edouard

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by CelticKurd, Aug 31, 2017.

Discuss Odsonne Edouard in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Shame I was really hoping for him to be lining out for Brighton this weekend.

Hammy89 likes this.
  2. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

This

Disaster might be too strong a word, but it would be approaching that if we can't shift him. Not only will we end up losing him for nothing next year, I'd be stunned if he got back to anywhere near his best this season.

Desperate for us to punt him and reinvest the money.

The Phoenix likes this.
  3. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    If he's being a greedy * and asking teams for too much, I think we might need to bite the bullet and lower the transfer fee.

I'd still be happy with £15 million for him with a 15-25% sell on fee, lower fee maybe gives teams more incentive to give in to his demands.

Hammy89 and Rydo1888* like this.
  4. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    I know we should be able to get more but I'd be happy enough just getting our 9m back and then re-invest it (I base this on Eddy moving before new signings can be made)

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  5. Maestro 08

I still think he'll be away. 2 and half weeks left of the EPL transfer window and if he's not away next week it only takes one of the teams interested to have a bad result or two and they'll be more likely to stump up the cash nearer the end of the window. Not ideal if it's the latter but I don't think he'll be here beyond this window.

6. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    After tonight it looks like Arsenal could be doing with a striker. Maybe we should be on the phone to KT and get him to put in a good word for Eddy.

NakamuraTastic and Hammy89 like this.
  7. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    He's just done for me. Doesn't have the same attitude he had under Rodgers. It was even disappointing to see him replace Kyogo, who has barely set foot in the place.

8. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    Once the window shuts he might get the hunger back. He will need to up his game big time or bye bye big move.

9. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    If I was in Dom’s position, I’d make it clear that if he’s here when the window shuts he’ll be training on his own. Essentially if he wishes to waste away, which is what he’s been doing with his performances, then he can do that on his own time and by himself.

His performances this year aren’t fit for the Hoops.

10. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Fully agree with the majority here. We need to get him shipped out even if it means accepting <£15m. He doesn’t want to be here and his presence is a massive roadblock for potential recruitment. He’s also offering absolutely * all on the pitch.

11. saltire78

Club are bang on waiting for the £20M they know is a steal for him. They are however wrong to wait for his replacement until he's gone.
    Look at Ajer and the likes, if we show we're not desperate the bids will come in. It's obvious he's a talented player and his 'attitude problems' are nothing more than seen with hundreds of players every year, where they down tools for the current club. Football is a mercenary market, noone * cares that he's took the hump with us. They will wait to see if we fold our hand without effort though, and why wouldn't they?

12. honda Gold Member Gold Member

If big dom walked into my changing room of players i was managing and told me a player was to train with the youths, id walk out the * door because it was my team and my decision to make. If he wants to be a manager bash on. Thats the reality.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  13. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Lol yeah fair enough. I just want the waster away.

honda likes this.
  14. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I actually think if he did stay his value would plummet on his performances never mind the contract length running down month on month.

He doesn’t suit pressing from the front, Kyogo would make him look like a diddy in this set up. Which he clearly isn’t but it’s horses for courses and whilst he can finish, his touch, footwork and composure are sublime he’s not going to be the guy making angles and harrying centre halves for 90 minutes.

15. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Nah see this * of we need to sell Eddie first it needs to * off. We need to speculate to accumulate. Fork the money out for the players now in the hope that we sell Eddie before the end of the window. If we don't shift him we have one of the richest men in Ireland backing us that * can foot the bill for a change.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
    Wee Baldy and Liam Scales like this.
  16. scootz

At this stage, I’d consider getting our purchase fee back an excellent deal.

He’s been worse than an empty shirt for far too long.

17. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    See when he came on with Ajeti next to him, I’d quite like to see that with Kyogo and Eddy trying. That’d be no bad :56:

18. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    Exactly.

Refusing to sign players because we can't yet get one sold is horrendous business.

It means we're deliberately weakening the squad and just telling the manager to do the best with what we have.

The sort of mentality that led us to where we are now, from a position of unparalleled strength and dominance, to being on an even footing with a club only formed 10 years ago. That's shocking mismanagement.

When you consider the winner of the title this year goes straight into the group stages of the CL it's even more unforgivable to take such a hesitant approach to signing players.

We'll probably sell Edouard at the end of the window but by that stage we'll have missed out on all our targets and then be left scrambling for a few loans.

This is why despite the events of the past week, I still see a title being an uphill task. The manager simply won't be backed.

19. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I watched that game last night and KT was probably the best Arsenal player on the park and big Ajer also played well until he had to go off so, hopefully any prospective managers of other teams watching that game would see that there are talents to be had in Scottish football which won't cost them too much in comparison to the silly money they pay for bang on average players in the English leagues and buy Eddy

20. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    100%, I fully expect Edouard to be gone but I also think it will be a last minute/ deadline day sell when teams come to realise they could be short in certain areas. By the time we do sell him there will be zero time for us to go and get the targets we were looking at (that's if they haven't been sold before that point).

NakamuraTastic and The Phoenix like this.