1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Odsonne Edouard

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by CelticKurd, Aug 31, 2017.

Discuss Odsonne Edouard in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    Eddy is better than Maupay. Brighton have been trying to buy goals ever since his first season.

2. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Lets face it, if whoever buys Eddy manages to get him back on form and fully motivated then they are getting an absolute bargain for £20 million. Edouard at his best is far better than Brighton, he should be at an Arsenal or Leicester. Due to his lack of effort he only has himself to blame that the truly top clubs dont seem to be making bids for him.

3. wulliebad

If eddy decides to stay and run down his contract he needs removing from the squad and left to rot for the season.

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

5. honda Gold Member Gold Member

If kyogo keeps up he wouldn't be getting off the bench anyway.

6. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Really need to get him out the door.

The Phoenix and Mr Shelby like this.
  7. wulliebad

Knowing celtic they will keep him on the bench and use as a sub while other strikers who want to stay and play rot.

8. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Clearly getting a pain in his bollix about answering the same questions over and over and over.. He always speaks well even if you can tell he just wants to say "* off annoying me" ha

Question to the Ozzies or J league fans.. Did he have to do this much press in Australia and Japan?

9. JamesM09

I wish Rodgers would do us a wee favour and take him off our hands. Surely would be a decent signing for him. He knows his quality and it's a bargain at £20m.

10. Jukes

He did less press in the A-league due to the number of games played, but there would always be a post match interview after each match. He has actually mellowed with the press it seems. When he was in the A-league I thought he was more gruff and prickly with the press, and also when he was with the National team. He seems like he is having more fun with your press and its amusing to see. You have to remember that our press are less knowledgeable about football as its not the main sport in Australia (AFL and NRL - Rugby League). They would ask the most inane question, even worse than the Scottish press.

11. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Saddens me the way Eddy is talked about amongst a large section of the support these days, he's been an outstanding player for us overall, given us more years than Dembele, Van Dijk, Wanyama to name a few other top class players, if he stays and has a big contribution towards winning the title then it will have been worth far more than the transfer fee we'd have got for him this window anyway.

Getting Eddy and Kyogo in the team together may be the start of something special

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  12. barry1916

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    * me, where they just some heads in a jar filled with prune juice.

Ange will know all about it in a few weeks. Its absolute wall-to-wall minute by minute coverage in Old Firm week.

13. StevieBhoooy!

Do you see ANYTHING in his demeanour and attitude that suggests he will make such a contribution ?

The other players you mention may have stayed a shorter time but their effort was generally 100% for their time and truly did make an impact… we struggled to keep some as long as we did and had no trouble when it came time to sell.

To look at it inversely … Edouard has been given a lot more time by Celtic to really make himself a player that big (richer) clubs want… and has done nothing much of note recently to live up to that. If he had … they’d be kicking the doors down to get him.

14. Jeffrey

I think this is the problem.

The continued speculation around his future hasn’t been good for us or for him. Every poor game we are questioning his commitment. I don’t think Ange would be afraid to bomb him out if he wasn’t trying in training or his head had very clearly been turned. His time here should come to an end now. It’s best for both parties.

15. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    Yes he’s given us more years, ie been here longer but * me, I wouldn’t include last year as he was abysmal. So although Victor and VVD were here for a shorter time, IMO they gave far more than this chump.
    Can’t wait to see the back of him. Should he not go, I couldn’t give a * if he’s not played, rots on the bench and we don’t make any profit.
    * him. Huffy *.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bonobhoy likes this.
  16. Heb Celt

Quite worrying if he stays and runs his contract down.I’d imagine the rest of our business is dependent on whether we can sell him this window.

17. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    If that’s the case we sell for 9 million get our money back the problem is I think this player and agent are sneaky and will jeapordise any move they don’t fancy

He didnt want to go to Brighton and knocked it back
    Don’t know for sure but what it sounds like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
  18. Big C

Is he really running down his contract or is it more like we have not received any offers, that’s more likely I think. The worry has always been it’s only after a few poor performances from an EPL club, which would coincide with the end of the window, that we get an offer for him and an offer much less than we would want. Then we’d be scrambling to get a replacement which would be a really bad place for us to be.
    I don’t know what the answer is but, it would appear, we are not in a strong position here.

19. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    If this * is seriously going to just run down his contract he has taken the club for a massive ride. In the last 12 months his attitude and performances have been stinking and now he's planning another 12 months of this *. If we can get a transfer fee for him we will go out and buy the likes of Thomas Henry for £7 million, that wont happen if were stuck with Edouard. Disgusted with Edouard, for the love of * just * off.

20. G40B

I’d rather he stayed than be sold.

Any fee is largely irrelevant to the support. It’s highly unlikely it’ll be reinvested properly.

If people are hung up on the fee, we’re much more likely to gain automatic CL qualification through winning the league with Edouard in the side - that’s guaranteed £££.

NakamuraTastic likes this.