1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Odsonne Edouard

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by CelticKurd, Aug 31, 2017.

Discuss Odsonne Edouard in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Ozzie Hoop

Jamie McLaren would get goals for sure, comfortably the best striker in the league. Very quick and can finish, poacher.

Tomi Juric not in the same class and Chris Wood, apart from playing in the Prem, is a Kiwi.

Guys like Adam le Fondre have also consistently scored if it was someone he knew from here without being an Aussie.

No one else I could see him chasing.

2. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    He wasn’t too good for Hibs.

martin_d likes this.
  3. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

In the space of just a few months I’ve gone from thinking it would be the most heartbreaking Celtic sale I’ve ever had to witness .. to now? I can’t wait for him to leave and I am absolutely over the moon we are getting anything like £20m for him.. should really help us kick on at the back end of this transfer window.

Britwell bhoy and NomDePlum like this.
  4. Ozzie Hoop

Ovviously, like most strikers it does depend a little what system they play in. Don’t know much about Hibs (apart from the fact they were kind enough to sell Villa Super John McGinn for a steal!!) and see he scored 1 in 3 there. Has really led the line at City the last couple and no doubt Ange knows how to get the best from him.

5. SkyeCelt

Just get our money back and get him out the door. Don't need him stinking up the place.

6. Born green

Misleading in the sense that people use it as an argument to prove his quality. Fraser Hornby is Scotland's record u21 goalscorer, but has done little of note professionally, and couldn't score for Aberdeen. No disrespect to Hornby, who may go on to have a good career, but his goals for the u21s are not a reason to claim he is a top player. Same goes for Eddy.

7. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Gonny somebody just take him and get it over with so we can find a suitable replacement. His presence at the club is doing more harm than good now it it would be better if we even reduced our selling price to get him off our hands.

8. celticdaft238

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    If the amounts reported are true it's a great piece of business for PSG.

They got £9million up front plus they're due 40% of the sell on (approx. £7,500,000) = £16,500,000ish (not that they'd notice that amount haha!)

All the while we're making a pretty small profit from the sale overall.....but I guess £18.5M for someone with only a year left on their contract is pretty good.

Ozzie Hoop likes this.
  9. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    No it’s 40% of profit over £9m so £3.8m don’t believe the record. French L’Equipe had it as profit on £9m

10. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Ye that's my view so we get back around 14/15 mill and they get around 4 .. so they will have made around 13/14 mill off us and Brighton

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

celticdaft238 likes this.
  11. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    We should buy before we sell, not after. Any financially healthy club should be able to replace outgoing players in advance. However, I don't believe Southampton and Brighton are stupid enough to want to pay money for a disinterested *.

12. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Hope it isn’t that big diddy McLaren who was at Hibs a few year ago.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  13. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Probably will be McLaren then, think we missed a trick not picking up Leckie from Hertha on a free though, can play across front 3 and cover at full back.

14. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I dont want Edouard anywhere near the team tomorrow. Whether its in the starting 11 or coming off the bench, it looks like we are finally on the verge of getting rid of this wage thief. The last thing we need is for him to get a bad injury and put any transfer in doubt.

Praying I will never have to see his lazy * in the hoops again.

For any Brighton fans reading this, you're actually getting a very good player (if you sign him that is) however due to his stinking attitude he downed tools at Celtic a long time ago. Dont be surprised if he does the same thing at Brighton after a year or so when he decides he's too good for your club and thinks he should be playing for Man City, Liverpool etc.

Good player but a real * of a guy.

kramer1 and charlietully like this.
  15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

ANGE POSTECOGLOU insists that Celtic are “ready” for Odsonne Edouard’s imminent exit.

And the Hoops boss claimed he WON’Tlaunch a last-ditch attempt to keep him.

SunSport revealed how Premier League rivals Southampton and Brighton are battling for Edouard.

But the Hoops boss is relaxed about the prospect of losing the France Under-21 striker.

Asked if Celtic had received a bid, he said: “That is something I am not really involved in.

I leave outgoing players to other people. I am just working hard to bring some in. Nothing has really changed for me.

“Everyone knows that Odsonne is in the last year of his deal, and there is plenty of talk he will move on in this window.

“I just treat it as something that is happening in the background.

“I prepare the squad for the games, and Odsonne has played in most of them.

“He had a little knock after Midtjylland and didn’t train every day, so I put him on the bench in midweek.

But while he’s here, if he’s playing well and training well, then I will select him.

“If something changes over the course of the next few weeks, then we are ready for it.

Odsonne is available for Dundee. Will I need to speak to him? No.

“I have made a decision that what is more important to me is the players I know are going to stay.

“If players want to go, I am not going to try to convince them to stay.

“They are in a much better place to decide where their careers are going, and what’s the best place for them.

“What’s important to me is how they train, play and present themselves. That’s all I focus on.”

Southampton boss Ralph Hasenhuttl confirmed he wants a new forward this week after Danny Ings joined Aston Villa.

He said: “We have lost a very important striker in Danny and to replace him, sure, we know that we have to do something.

“We definitely need someone in.”

16. barry1916

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    I hope its not Mclaren.

We need a striker who has a presence upfront and can win a header.

I trust Anges judgement. But I'd personally like to see some height and physicality upfront if we're just bringing in one striker.

trackebhoy likes this.
  17. MAP

I don't think McLaren is good enough.

Completely agree about Leckie, I thought he would have been a great, cheapish pickup.

CookieMonster likes this.
  18. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    This makes no sense.

19. jj81

Won't hamper us anyway , only a benefit now , just doesn't want to be here plain and simple so I wouldn't even bother if it was 10m if it came to it , not as if we get 20 and it all goes straight to the squad anyway. Just get him out , and get someone in .

Tell soton they have griff tae for nothing.

20. Sentinel

I'd have thought you of all people could decipher it...;)

Double Dutch likes this.