1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Odsonne Edouard

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by CelticKurd, Aug 31, 2017.

Discuss Odsonne Edouard in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Starting to think we'll be lumbered with this lazy * till his contract expires.

Wee Baldy and Mince.Charming like this.
  2. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    To much unnecessary hate for this guy, he's done his time here, rewarded the club with important goals and he wanted to leave in the summer...and the club have mismanaged that as well, we seem to forget the club transfers work both ways, slow in coming in and slow in going out. he's right to feel aggrieved and natural he's downed tools. Leicester were outpriced at Celtics fee and that's a place he wanted to go. since then he has got royally * off and I for one don't blame him at all.

It's the boards fault for not keeping their end of the bargain.

3. Forza 67

Rather play Ajeti or Griffiths against Hearts than this fraud.

4. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Will we not have the we Japanese boy? Who iv forgots name even tho iv decides he's my favourite :56:

5. Forza 67

We are paying this guy good money to * about for over a year, we're right to be aggrieved.

6. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Board mismanagement though. Haggling over his price when he truly wanted to go, he should of been let loose a while back and we could be working on newer targets. If you were told you could go from your job and your current employer was haggling on your notice period and you lose that new job because of it, you would feel aggrieved regardless of being paid or not.

7. Forza 67

We don't know what Leicester offered though, could have low-balled us and rightfullty we've rejected, it's not an excuse for Edouard to throw his toys out the pram, you keep performing and you'll get a move but he downed tools and interest seems to have died down.

Twisty and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  8. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    There's also the reported "Rodgers tax" Celtic board put up, after the acrimonious relationship with Rodgers, and his sudden departure.

9. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Good. Never had to leave at a pivotal part of the season.

10. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    HE is still under contract, we pay him a decent wage, not unreasonable to expect him to put in an effort, sooner he is punted the better for all. I would not start him Saturday.

11. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    End of the day he is still a celtic employee and should give 100% for the team.
    He has failed to do that in a year. Wednesday was truly shocking

Wee Baldy likes this.
  12. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Celtic try to sign McGinn - Celtic fans "just pay the money they want"
    Celtic try to sell Edouard - Celtic fans "just sell him for whatever Leicester offer"

Guys a lazy *. He has been excused a lot for how he plays the game, but far too often he doesn't show up for important games or burst a gut for the team.
    I get his demeanor and all that is less enthusiastic looking than some would like, but you can't play like the other night and expect the support to still back you.

Most of the squad got a clean slate/fresh start after last season, on the back that we can blame the management for being absolutely woeful in all aspects of their job, but this season he has started the same, if not worse. * him.

Xatraps and Wee Baldy like this.
  13. Born green

Exactly. I don't think anyone deserves a pass for last season, but we are all willing to forgive. Christie appears to be exemplifying that. Even if it is just to showcase his abilities to prospective employers, at least we are benefitting in the short term. And we may even get more money because of it.

Eddy, on the otherhand, isn't just playing poorly, he's barely trying. He has a multitude of flaws, and some great attributes. If he isn't willing to work on his flaws, then I'm afraid his career has already peaked. 2 years ago. At 21.

Peej likes this.
  14. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Both of those aren't necessarily contradictory within reason.

McGinn's fee was entirely reasonable, we all knew it, he's now probably worth 10x what Aston Villa paid.

If there's any truth that we've been offered £18.5m but we're holding out for £20m for Eddie then the question we should asking is 'Do the potential costs of waiting several more weeks for an extra £1.5m outweigh the potential benefits?'...in my opinion it's a resounding aye.

It's hamstringing both on the pitch -where we're forced to play a disinterested player through lack of options - and off the pitch - where we're seemingly holding off on other deals til the Eddie money is in the bank.

15. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Exactly, about Christie as well.
    I don't like either now, both can get to * out my club already and we all know neither wants to be here. But credit where it is due, Christie has taken on the challenge from Ange and is doing the hard work to impress someone to sign him.

Edouard on the other hand, he's doing nothing to help himself or the team.
    Now we are out of UCL, honestly there is no point holding on to him any longer.

16. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Would need to be more sure of what has been offered and in what fashion.
    I'd imagine there is perhaps more to this than just 1.5million at that level. Take Ajer deal for example, again we don't know much about it, but it seemed we rejected the 13.5 initially, but then he goes for about that anyway - I imagine the makeup of the bid is playing a large part.

If they are offering 8.5million of it in installments/targets, then it doesn't help us if we still need to give PSG a few million as well.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  17. Born green

I mean, in general, if you want to move to a "bigger" club than Celtic, you have to prove you are worthy. VVD, Wanyama, Dembele, Ajer etc all did it. They obviously wanted to leave, but they respected us while they were here and we got a lot of benefits out of their time here.

Eddy clearly thinks he has already proven himself, so no longer needs to try. He's going to get a fright at his new club if the manager there doesn't completely build the team around him.

Leone Naka Fan and Peej like this.
  18. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Aye, I get you.

Think people are just getting frustrated at the impact it's having on the park for us and not helped in anyway by resigning Griff who's now persona non grata

Peej likes this.
  19. Maestro 08

Natural he's downed tools!?. * * that is one of the worst posts I've read in a while. He's paid to do a job here and giving him the go ahead for being unprofessional, lazy and not giving a * about the fans who pay his wages is a joke and a total * attitude. Actually read it a few times to check you weren't at the wind up.

20. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Get him tae * now

Artorias likes this.