1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Odsonne Edouard

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by CelticKurd, Aug 31, 2017.

Discuss Odsonne Edouard in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Frimpong and Klimala sales forget about them that covered most of last season purchases different financial year now

2. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    He will defo go. Better standard of league bigger shop window etc.

And the clause was 40% of any profit made of the 9million we paid

Either way....we need to shift a few players to generate money for the manager and who he wants to bring in. As much as eddie can be a player it's time to move on and get a squad together who wants to play for Celtic

martin_d likes this.
  3. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    He's not mobile or hungry enough for an ange team. Im sick to the back teeth of seeing him take 30 touches in the opposition box trying to walk if in. He badly needs a move for his own career and we could do with the money for ange to bring his people in.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

4. TheHappyLoss

It’s been hugely frustrating as he is a very good player.

martin_d and Dublin Celt like this.
  5. Conjuring_Obey Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley song
    Heard about the transfer involvement with him today. Hopefully we can get a good deal and get a replacement in asap.

6. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Yeah I can’t disagree with any of the bold. As an addition, we’ve already made more money from the unexpected Frimpong sale than what we could get for Edouard. Despite that, we have still not invested in a right back.

I just can’t get excited in any way shape or form about selling our best assets for any type of money.

I really hope we can keep him and he’s up for staying.

RogicHasMagicToes likes this.
  7. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Still pointless selling him then, he's the kind of player we need to get past Qualifiers and win the league, which we'll make far more money in doing so than selling him

All this 'his head isn't in it' I'm not fully buying tbh, I thought he played pretty well the other night, he missed a huge chance but he still got himself into scoring positions. I don't think Ange would be playing Eddy if he wasn't fully committed

8. wulliebad

Bite their hand off for 20+ million,we need fresh player that want to come here and not those that have more or less given up and just counting the minutes till a bid come in.

9. wulliebad

If we do not sell him this window we will be luck to get our money back in jan and next summer we will get * all....it would be insane to keep a player who has had a contract offer on the table since last season and is clearly not going to sign and wants to leave. We lost the 10 because of keeping a team together when more than half of them wanted to leave or were loans.

greengrocer likes this.
  10. seanbee01

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    let the people sing
    I’ll always remember Eddy for the good memories he gave us I’d love him to stay but if he does move on then all the best young man.

11. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    He hardly shone in the first qualifier.

It's 9million gone straight away if he isn't sold. Plus whatever you get from the split with PSG. If he did go for £20 mill that would be giving up on £14.5 million to keep a player who obviously isn't happy!

Mickmac and greengrocer like this.
  12. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Disagree.

I think he'd thrive in this system given time with the amount of chances I think we will create.

We need a technical striker, not necessarily just a no.9

13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    An exceptionally talented player that noticeably checked out a good while ago..

His ability has never neen in doubt. He'll smash in down here in my opinion..

Excellent business with a year to go but, could've been more..

martin_d and Seán Mac D like this.
  14. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
  15. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    We lost the 10 because we had an incompetent, fraudulent clown as manager who got exposed the minute he never had a world class shot stopper to hide his * management week to week, the previous season wouldn't have been close to what it was without Forster.

As I already said, if Eddy can help us get into the CL, or failing that, the EL, then the money we make from that will be the kind of money Brighton are offering anyway, the title this season is a £40M title with automatic CL Qualification, again if Eddy can help in contributing towards the title it will be far more than the money Brighton are offering too, we won't find a better striker than Eddy for a long time, people need to realize what we have in him if Ange can get put a great team around him.
    Not once has Eddy actually came out and said in an interview he wants to leave, Ntcham did, Ajer did, Christie might have said it or maybe it was his dad can't remember, but Eddy hasn't. I know he hasn't signed a new contract which would point towards him wanting to leave, but I don't think he'd be angry at being a Celtic player for one more season and if he can help us get into the CL (or EL) and win the league then the money we'd make from achieving those things would be much more than what Brighton is offering.

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  16. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    He maybe hasn’t said it but his agent has definitely said it.

17. The Don

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll never walk alone
    I am actually glad to see the back of him, it is not healthy having players that don't want to be here and its good money that can be spent elsewhere.

BigDoggyWoofWoof and martin_d like this.
  18. The Don

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll never walk alone
    Kid yourself on! The lads head has been turned for a while.

BigDoggyWoofWoof and martin_d like this.
  19. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Be glad if and when this saga is finally over. Boy should have been let go last summer, his reputation has tanked because he wasn't.

I've no doubt he'll get his career back on track down the road, just leaves a bitter taste knowing he couldn't sort his attitude for the 10 season along with the rest of them.

20. h0tsh0t87

Didn’t play in our champions league qualifier as he said he was only inured which left us with no striker . Yet a few days later he is playing for France u21 and scoring .

I remember seeing a interview just before the game and I can’t remember if it was Lennon or Kennedy who said that edouard felt a injury and didn’t think he was to play .

Griffiths who I defended a lot shouldn’t be here as he brings too much disruption to the club .

but neither should edouard didn’t show up in our big games , didn’t play in our qualifier last season but could play for France u21s a few days later. The amount of sitters he missed season not to mention his reluctance to assist