1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Odsonne Edouard

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by CelticKurd, Aug 31, 2017.

Discuss Odsonne Edouard in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. dmccourt95

Hopefully palace gets involved and the price gets pushed upto £25 mill

2. Dip 'n' Swerve

id take 12 million, anything over 20 bite their hand off!!
    we need 6 quality players in - striker, goalkeeper, full backs, defender and attacking mid.

greengrocer likes this.
  3. Dip 'n' Swerve

what is he like?

4. Dip 'n' Swerve

moussa back on loan! why not!!

5. Dip 'n' Swerve

eddie was the problem we didn't get into CL - never clinical he misses guilt edges chances and scores the more difficult ones. no aerial threat, no upper body strength and tried to run through players with attacks breaking down he is a sinking ship offload - over 20 million all day long!!

6. jambo_cfc

21.5millon pounds means we would see about 14.5million if the clause with psg is to be believed, so the 13.5 for ajer plus edouards money and the frmpong money were about 30million up and spent about 10 , so can easily splash another 20 on a rb , cb , striker

7. Foley1888

I agree on the offload for £20m but to say he was at fault against Cluj is not really true. He scored one and made another in the 3-4 game. There were a good few more culpable than him that night Brown, Bain and the defence in general.

He didn’t play last year (could blame him for not being available) and the rest missed great chance after chance. He should have scored a few on Tuesday there.

Anyway not defending him as would more than happily take the money and get someone else in, he’s made it clear he doesn’t want to be here.

8. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    He looks like a one season wonder type tbh. He's also a winger.

9. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Anything between £21-25m would be great business with a year left.

Wish him all the best. Enjoyed watching him.

martin_d, NomDePlum and Artorias like this.
  10. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

Just shows you how ridiculous the English market is to pay these sums for a player in his final year. Happy to take full advantage though. Immense business if we get anywhere near £20 mil

11. Mr. Slippyfist

Sulky * better not knock back the offer :56::56::56::56:

Artorias likes this.
  12. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Let the bidding war Commence

13. joemc

Without doupt 1 of the more skillful players we've had , great composure in front of goal , last year many big clubs failed to play in the same manner with no fans ,players lacked drive , on fire for 2 seasons and would 100% be delighted if he was a transfer target for us now if we had not had him play for us .

Mr Shelby likes this.
  14. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    We have sold over 31 million pounds worth of players since Jan. take out the sell on fees of a few of them we have made roughly 25 million.

I’m being generous with the sell on fees there as well.

This is before Eddy is sold, so if he does go for the reported 21.3 million quid then say PSG sell on is 30% then just under 15 million will be added to the players out the door.

so realistically we have made around 40 million pound on player sales while spending a reported 10 million.

If Eddy is sold I would expect the board to grand him another 10 million if he is lucky.

Ange should be getting more but I can’t see it and and extra 10 million is me being generous as well. Be lucky if he gets another 5 million.

15. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I'd say another £10m to spend. Just with covid costs etc thatll eat into whats spare and we did spend alot at the start of last year on *. Although £10m is plenty for a lb and rb. We may be scraping if we need another striker however my new favourite player from Japan will cover goals. (* forgot his name already :56: )

But aye him.

16. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Would be going with my best wishes. I do think the general malaise in the team definitely affected him as it has done with a number of others. There’s always the chance he flops. Strikers at lower table EPL sides are asked to do a lot more than he’s used to defensively, but I think his ability will still stand enough for him to earn a bigger move in a year or two.

£20m+ would be good business for us and give us a proper shot at rebuilding a massively depleted squad.

17. Jordann Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    David Turnbull
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I think we should see at least another £10million added on as well following this sale.

We also have season tickets sales, Celtic tv and sales from the store or sponsorship money.

With the amount of players that have gone, I’d love to know roughly what our annual wages are right now, surely it can’t be anywhere near £50/60 million we’ve been spending.

I think we also need to be a bit smarter and take advantage of the free agents that are available, some really good free agents available that are definitely better that what we have.

18. craigtheceltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom
    £20m-£30m is the going rate for a no-name(not top 5 leagues) striker in the EPL.

19. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Eddy ain't going to a club like Brighton, he'll happily see out the final year of his contract here and get a big signing on fee at his next club next Summer

Ange wouldn't have him involved if he didn't think Eddy was fully onboard, one more season from Eddy would be a blessing.

Literally no point selling him anyway if the 40/50% sell on clause PSG have in his contract has any truth to it, would make more money having him get us through the Qualifiers, yes I know he missed a massive chance but if we're to have any chance of going through on Wednesday Eddy will be pivotal

Ciaran_67 likes this.
  20. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    His price has shot up to 17m on transfermarket today