1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Odsonne Edouard

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by CelticKurd, Aug 31, 2017.

Discuss Odsonne Edouard in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I think that's his style of play. I don't think it's changed this season I just think teams have worked out how to play him and as soon as he gets the ball they're swarming around him. He doesn't have great vision and is greedy so doesn't pass and tries to take on 3 or 4 and loses the ball - then you get the sulky face. His best moments this season have been in Europe when he's had a bit more space. The whole team playing * this season hasn't helped him. He'd still be a great player in a bigger league where he wouldn't be the only player needing to be stopped from performing.

2. Dubliner1

This player needs to go now with the other 3 who wanted away. This was one of the big reasons at the start of our meltdown why we were playing so bad. Players didn't want to be here. The club & Lennon made that mistake. Now is the time to sell and get money in so someone ( new manager) can start recruiting and build for next season.

Foley1888 likes this.
  3. Foley1888

If we could get anything £20m+ I would sell just now. I think this PSG having a 40% of profit clause is nonsense.

With Frimpong and Man City we paid £350k with add ons to £1m so I can see where the 30% clause came from. With Edouard we paid £9m+ for a player who had achieved nothing at that point in his career actually when we took him on loan the season before we had an option to purchase for £9m.

This is our club record purchase and although Lawwell is proving to be completely inept at running a football club, he is known for his drawn out negotiations and he does know finance.

Agreeing a 40% of profit clause seems highly unlikely on a player we paid our record fee on, if we had said look we have an option of £9m to buy but will give you £5 or £6m for him and the 40% I might believe that but no way did we pay the full fee and agree such a large share of profit.

Either way it’s time for him and Ntcham to move on and us to move on given their conduct this season and level of performance.

4. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

No stick at all, you're correct and been said for a long time. If a lazy player is always scoring and assisting then no one cares, as soon as he stops that he gets pelters. His style hasn't changed one bit since he came to the club.

TheWolf likes this.
  5. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I do not believe that Edouard has a 30% or above profit clause.

No chance Lawwell would agree to forking out £9m and having such a hefty clause in any deal.

6. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I didnt but a French paper reported it

Hammy89 likes this.
  7. Jeffrey

May as well let the guy leave, there’s zero point in holding him hostage in a nothing season.

Dan Breen, TheHappyLoss and Hammy89 like this.
  8. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Never seen your post.

9. Gurru 991

15 mil would be quite cheap in my mind.Pretty certain Leicester would * your hand off at 15

10. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Rodgers should do us a favour and take Ajer and Edouard for about £60million. He * us out of proper money for Dembele and Boyata and then left during the season with no plan in place. Least he could do the *.

Hammy89 likes this.
  11. rkid

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Get this * to * as well why not.

12. Gurru 991

I think a lot of clubs will be interested in Ajer, I think at 22 years old he is very good with a huge upside. Lots of Premier league clubs in the market for a CB so you could get good money.
    Lazy journo's always link ex-managers to previous clubs but I'm not sure Leicester are in for either player.

13. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Surely a loss in translation somewhere, would have been mental at the time to agree to 9 million + 30% sell on, would have thought it more likely PSG maybe had a buy-back clause or something like 10-15% sell on, but with the way we're ran atm I guess anything is possible.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  14. Martybhoy53

A moody lazy *. Get him to *.

15. TheHappyLoss

He’s not exactly been ripping up any trees anyway

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

17. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Genuinely think the boat has sailed on us getting 20+ for him now thanks to this season. Reckon we’ll get 15 max now

18. john2061

Vardy just went through a hernia operation and could see Leicester coming in with a bid now .

19. LoveTheTic88

The amount of half hearted efforts from him tonight was awful. One where Turnbull played him through, middle of the goal inside the box and all he does is toe poke it with his left? Where’s the composure and football brain went? He’s not anywhere near in the same frame of mind as previous seasons.

20. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Seems to hit so many efforts straight at the keepers.