1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Odsonne Edouard

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by CelticKurd, Aug 31, 2017.

Discuss Odsonne Edouard in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    He won't play/feature. It's a sore one but it's now set up for Griff to continue to repay us for his poor behaviour earlier this year.

2. Conor tierney

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    That’s wishful thinking. We’ll be lucky if he gets on at the 80th min. We all know Lenny is starting Christie up front again...

Sonic Reducer likes this.
  3. celtic warrior

This is a joke, * internationals at the best of times but it's farcical that they even take place currently as it is.

If he was actually injured in a match fine, but this is a joke.

4. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

French Government guidance asks that anyone that tests positive should self isolate for a minimum of 8 days, so that will take Odsonne up to Tuesday of next week before any further Covid-19 tests can be taken.

Being sensible I imagine they would need a few negative tests to be recorded before he could be deemed fine to travel in cars and planes to make it back to Scotland. I don't expect Odsonne to be doing a Donald Trump and get a Hampden Cars taxi to take him round the Gallowgate while he gives it big smiles.

From that end I can see it being until Thursday or Friday of next week til he's okayed to travel back; and if that's the case there's no way Lennon is throwing him into the squad for a huge game on Saturday lunchtime. I think doing so would be pretty reckless to be honest.

It's unfortunate but we need Ajeti, Klimala and Griff to stand up and be counted against the huns.

5. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

All conjecture which goes back to my point, we don’t know the logistics of it at this point so can’t say anything with any certainty!

6. Bonobhoy

Running scared of sevco....ffs.

The 3 other strikers will be fine along with the other attacking options we have in this team.

Yes Eddie is a loss,but he's been hopeless so far this season hence why the others are now coming into the mix.

Main worry is exposure to the rest of the team ,not * Sevco and the media.

And we always play better as a unit when the chips are down and everything/everyone against us

JML67 likes this.
  7. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

It's not all conjecture.

It's fact that he needs to self isolate for 8 days; that's 8 days not training in the gym or pitch. It's also fact that he'll need to test negative before he'll be allowed to travel back. It's also fact that a single negative test isn't conclusive proof that they no longer have the virus and are at risk of transmitting to others.

We have a responsibility not only to our team and staff but the general public as well. We will err on the side of caution and only ask him to return and be involved when we are certain it's safe and I don't think we can do that within an 11 day window.

8. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Where has it been confirmed as fact that he has to isolate for 8 days?

9. vortex666

Time for griff to get his first celtic park goal against the mutants

10. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    * sake that’s him out of the scum game ?

11. scootz

I'm actually ok with it as it means the decision is made - I was 49/51 on wanting him to play the Zombie match anyway.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  12. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I wanted griff back personally. Made a massive difference playing the other day. He'll be so hungry and hates the huns. He will fill his hunger with a hatrick within his 5 mins cameo after Lennon realises christie upfront isnt working on the 85th minute :fear:

13. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

This.

We don't need him to beat the scum. If it was this time last year I'd be * it but we have Ajeti, Paddy and Griff all banging them in right now.

14. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
  15. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

"If the test is positive you must remain in self-isolation for a minimum of seven days, and then 48 hours more after symptoms of the virus have disappeared. The French government changed this ruling, previously people had to remain in isolation for 14 days."

https://www.connexionfrance.com/French-news/Coronavirus-tests-in-France-5-common-questions

The French reduced the isolation period from 14 days to 7 days after science showed that 90% of transmissions happen within the first 5 days but they also accepted that there was still a risk of transmission beyond that. That's why I believe he won't be allowed on a plane or in Lennoxtown when there is still that small possibility of transmission.

16. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Isn't that what masks are for?

17. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Not sure if I'm biting on a cast here but masks are to minimise the risk from people that don't know if they've got it (either pre-symptomatic or symptomatic but pre-test)

In Odsonne's case he now knows he has it so he should only be travelling if he knows he's no longer a risk of transmitting to others.

Jeannie960 and Jeremie Frimpong like this.
  18. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I might be in the minority but with his recent form i am not bothered he probably wont play.

Klimala might be more suited to a more physical game but he lacks experience, Griff plays a smart game and free kicks definitely a big plus, Ajeti , if fit, just seems to have that poachers instinct and hasn't let us down in any game he has played so far.

I think it makes it a bit easier for Lenny to not only pick the team but to have a few weeks to work on these partnerships with the players not away on international duty.

... only thing that worries me is the recent amount of penalties the (H)undead are getting, If they are allowed to get so many crosses into the box then the law of averages favours them getting these calls due the the daft new rule.

19. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Not fishing mate I try my hardest to avoid any talk of covid let alone do any research on the latest guidelines. Ignorance is bliss and all that.. if I get too into it it'll just depress the * out of me.

What about a private plane?

chiefo likes this.
  20. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Just more conjecture, the club are currently looking for clarification on it. No one yet knows how long or what further potential isolation or any other guidelines might be given. Probably because of the specific nature and the fact there is no precedent.

Interestingly, 8 days doesn’t appear to be an option from the several rumoured time periods.