1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Odsonne Edouard

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by CelticKurd, Aug 31, 2017.

Discuss Odsonne Edouard in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    I might be wrong, but I think players and other athletes who undergo regular testing aren't subject to the guidance for which you and I would need to observe.

I think the main hurdle would be if Eddie returned a positive test once he returned to our testing process.

2. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Yeah he’s tested positive so has to isolate for 1 week as per French guidelines. If he were here it would be 10 days, the positive test doesn’t alter that any. It’s actually worse if you stay with that person and haven’t even had a test.

3. leeso-ardoyne

Eddy sick note haha. Probably paid for a fake sick note to stay home for another week. People talking about a deadly virus that ravages through the world causing destruction everywhere it goes but then one of our players gets it and hoping he can train with it so he can come back quickly. Even the thought of it is bonkers Haha. But on a more serious note before you'd all get your panties in a twist, hope the poor * gets back on uk soil sooner rather than later because we have a title to win!

4. Onefootwonder

*. Could have done without this.

Hopefully it's not within our squad.

5. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    BBC are saying 10 days but probably as well informed as either of us and just having a punt!

6. Jeremie Frimpong

How's your milking goat?

7. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Hopefully just a false positive but if not then get well soon Eddie... :shamrock:

8. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Stupid having internationals

Easter Rd Davie likes this.
  9. leeso-ardoyne

:smoke:

10. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Definitely 10 days. It’s written into the Covid regulations that the SPFL clubs agreed to that a positive test will be dealt with in accordance with the Scottish/UK government guidelines.

I’m not sure whether he met up with the French squad yesterday or today, but he will have been tested on arrival. On the basis that he’s asymptomatic, that could be pretty pivotal, as its the difference between him arriving back in Glasgow next Friday or Saturday. Either way, I’d be very surprised if he’s involved tbh.

Most importantly, I hope he makes a quick and full recovery.

NomDePlum likes this.
  11. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    No point beating about the Bush. It’s a fkn nightmare & will be a lot more throughout the season.

paulie walnuts likes this.
  12. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Living proof that lockdown may not have been kind to some people’s mental health. If you don’t understand that many (especially young and healthy) people are lucky enough to be asymptomatic, but still carry the virus which is extremely threatening to others then that speaks volumes about you. Keep your ignorant idiocies to yourself. Absolute halfwit.

13. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

* * man just seen the news about Edouard’s positive test about half an hour ago and then just went on twitter now and RIP Eddie is trending…

Turns out it was Eddie Van Halen they were meaning! RIP

packybhoy and littlekennie like this.
  14. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Surely Jason Leitch could have a Zoom meeting with FIFA and UEFA and put them straight, just like he did with the SPFL managers.

Gyp Rosetti and MickeyyMack like this.
  15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

You really are a * of a guy.

Honestly hope you or yer family don’t get it.

McGrory1888 likes this.
  16. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone

HoopyT and McGrory1888 like this.
  17. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    The other big question now is whether anyone else in the squad will be have been affected.

If you are pre-symptomatic or asymptomatic others can get infected too. Given the last time the squad was together was only 2 days ago and what happened with Kilmarnock still a lot up in the air and others may still test positive. The only slight bit of luck here is that it is an international break.

If it's not going to be a very short season it's certainly going to feel like a very long one.

18. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Well he's gotten the reaction he was after.

Hope Edouard recovers quickly.

19. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    That’s definitely the big concern (along with Eddy’s own health of course). I believe the full squad would have been tested on Saturday though in advance of the St Johnstone game, so Eddy must have been negative then.

If we’re lucky, he’s picked up the virus during his commute to France and therefore not been in contact with anyone else at the club. I believe it needs to be in your system for close to 24 hours before you would return a positive test though, so that potentially makes that unlikely.

It’s definitely going to be a stop/start season with a lot of variables and hurdles.

20. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I'm not sure what will happen on his return, but what we do know is that other countries have different testing equipment and procedures.

What we also know is that continental Europe got to grips with this * a lot sooner than the UK did.

That said, if the French have a testing procedure that means they can be certain a 7 day isolation is all that is needed, then I'd be inclined to trust them.

The other thing that needs to be taken in to consideration is perhaps the requirements of people coming to Scotland from France? Are they on the 14 day quatentine list?
    I know sports teams are under a different guidelines and given exemption to these things, but if we forget that a slight moment and if France is not on the 14 day list, then what's to stop anyone in France testing positive on a Saturday, isolating for 7 days and traveling to Scotland a week on Monday(9 days)?

We woudlnt be telling that person to isolate for another 5 days upon arrival in Scotland, would we?

So for me, we trust the French testing and if their rules are for 7 days and he does that in France, then so be it.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk