1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Odsonne Edouard

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by CelticKurd, Aug 31, 2017.

Discuss Odsonne Edouard in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

Don't really see him going to Leeds but stranger things have happened.

I feel he'll be going to bigger club on the continent when the time comes.

StPauli1916 and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  2. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

In what way were / are Leeds a massive club? Genuine question.

3. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I would agree with you there. If and when Edouard leaves it will not be for a club like Leeds. Actually can easily see him going back to France even and maybe even following Dembele's path to Lyon.

KRS-1888 likes this.
  4. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    They were quite successful in the 70s, have a fairly large support but their trophy haul is in single figures, they just came 2nd a lot. Teams like Ipswich, Villa, Sunderland, Newcastle and Everton are all more successful. History seems to remember them as bigger than they were.

5. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

they have won their top league only 3 times one FA, one league & one (fairs)cup winners cup.
    I don’t see them as a massive club plus their supporters are scummy * with a deserved reputation.

6. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    I would be livid if we accept anything less than £35-40m for the big man. Definitely don’t see Leeds paying that. Gone are the days we sell our best talent for £6-7m. Ain’t happening. He says he’s happy to stay put for the ten and then he will see. That’s all we can ask of him and hopefully he leaves with the best wishes. Top 6 in England or could see him at Inter or similar.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  7. saltire78

True! They're history's version of Leicester... quick flash in the pan and then back to normality

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CRYSTAL PALACE are plotting a £25million swoop for Celtic star Odsonne Edouard.

The Eagles are long-time admirers of Hoops hero French Eddy, with their scouts watching him in action throughout last season.

And SunSport understands Palace are now weighing up an ambitious move to see if they can tempt the Scottish champions to part with their best player.

Celtic have made it clear the prolific striker is NOT for sale ahead of their historic ten-in-a-row bid.

Edouard has two years to run on his deal and Neil Lennon has even talked about securing the 22-year-old on a new and improved deal to fend off interest this summer.

But it’s understood several top clubs have been in contact with his representatives.

It was initially thought the starting price to open negotiations would be in excess of £30m, but that figure has dropped.

Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell will likely be difficult to deal with as he attempts to keep hold of the club’s prized asset.

But that won’t stop bids being tabled and Palace are eager to open talks to see if any deal can be thrashed out.

Celts are well placed financially having raked in around £60million from the transfers of Moussa Dembele, Virgil van Dijk and Kieran Tierney in recent years.

But the coronavirus crisis has had a huge impact on clubs everywhere. The Glasgow giants are not immune and are set to lose millions from having to play behind closed doors.

Palace, now 13th in the Premier League, had held off from making their move until they were safe from relegation.

But Leicester’s ex-Hoops boss Brendan Rodgers is also keeping tabs on Edouard’s situation after signing the youngster for £9m from PSG after an initial season-long loan.

Premier League-bound Leeds United are also reportedly interested in the Hoops ace, who was voted Scottish Football Writers’ and Celtic Player of the Year for 2020.

9. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Leeds now Crystal Palace and somehow eddys price has dropped.

just * right off with your * stories!

NakamuraTastic and Rydo1888* like this.
  10. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

He isn’t going to Leeds, Palace or indeed anyone for 25 million quid.

Dan Breen likes this.
  11. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Fan base and history, that’s my opinion of course.

12. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Strangely I feel better when these stories come from the media up here then down south. The KT to Arsenal stories all originated from down south last summer

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  13. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    But Celtic have dropped their valuation as we are losing millions per month according to the record!

14. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

The definition of conjecture. Even if we had, some daft tabloid hack would be the last to know.

We’d have literally less than nothing to gain by publically stating we’ve dropped the valuation of our most prized asset.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  15. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    The teams being quoted are an insult, not only to Celtic, but to the player himself.

He will be in the thoughts of some of the biggest teams in Europe, worthy of the rumour.

* Crystal Palace. Pfft

NakamuraTastic and Rydo1888* like this.
  16. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    you’ve really got to stop with the crack cocaine it’s not doing you any good, I live in leeds they’ve a * little ground, and unlike most cities with 2 clubs or more in epl Manchester,Liverpool, London there’s only 1 team in leeds and they’ve been in the wilderness of lower leagues most of their existence. They’ll always be dirty leeds who hounded clough to forest to win European Cup, TWICE

17. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Because you happen to live in Leeds doesn’t affirm your point, maybe I overdone it with the massive part but imo they are a big club who have fell on hard times. Give me Leeds in the EPL over half the * in it these days, plus Bielsa is some guy hopefully he takes them up.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  18. jake10

Fav Celtic Player:
    whoever is our new record spend
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Go on home british soldiers
    no I’ve been to elland road numerous times when they were in epl and CL, their ground has one decent stand the other 3 are of 4th divisions quality, also babysat for George McCluskey back in the day when he played for dirty Leeds, he got me tickets and access to players bar after games, i know this club and sleeping giant isn’t them, sleeping Leicester maybe

Spring Time likes this.
  19. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

A story a day until the window shuts

StevieBhoooy! likes this.
  20. StevieBhoooy!

Id say they WERE a big club that’s fallen on hard times..... however this was brought on by their own actions - greed from those running the club and demands for unachievable success from the fans.

Sound familiar?

They are not the Leeds of the 60s and 70s...

Their recent (honest ) history peaked when Howard Wilkinson won them the old first Division in the last year before the money monster that is the EPL started.

Their short lived EPL peak was 20 years ago and took them to top of the table (briefly) and a CL semi final .... but it was all fuelled by bent money, over borrowing , over spending and a corrupt board. There were racism charges and court Cases against players like Bowyer ... and Violence at the European semi resulted in 2 Leeds fans deaths.

You could feel at the time that the whole club was going to go ‘pop’ ... and it did when they were relegated and most of their Star ‘Leeds ‘till I Die’ players declared that they were “too good for the Championship” and jumped ship.

The third tier , where they ended up after successive relegations suited them.

Personally... I wish they’d stayed there so I’d never have to hear the manky Leeds fans crowing about their Durty Club.

I don’t think the EPL will be a better place with their arrival.... but maybe they all deserve each other. Hopefully I’ll get the pleasure of seeing them go straight back down next May.

Maybe their manager deserves better than a Leeds?!?

.... and to address the main point of the thread. I hope Edouard is here for the 10 anyway... but when he goes it hopefully won’t be to a vile ‘institution’ like Leeds United.