1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by paulie walnuts, May 27, 2022.

Discuss Obi-Wan Kenobi in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Watched the first episode. Looks like it’s going to be superb.

MacEwan and dbhoy72 like this.
  2. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Will tune into this, Disney plus has been worth every penny between star wars and marvel.

paulie walnuts likes this.
  3. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

With Saul and Ozark this kind of snuck up on me. Can’t wait.

paulie walnuts likes this.
  4. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Those episodes were great, I’m really looking forward to see how it plays out

5. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

First two were excellent.

6. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Really enjoyed those two episodes.

Like that it's only 6 episodes. Should hopefully keep the pace up.

7. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone/ Fields of Athenry
    Some of the writing and acting in those first two episodes was hilariously bad, and how on earth did that chase scene through the forest with your man running (slowly) into the branch make it through the final cut lol .
    First impressions are it's going to be a bit of * show with some epic moments here and there probably involving obi one and Vader and tbf that's all most people really care about .

8. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    New episode came out, I liked it but it leaves me with more questions

9. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Another decent episode.

Cannot stand that Asian inquisitor. Such an over the top "I'm a bad guy" voice.

10. Kyogo Furuhashi Gold Member Gold Member

4th episode had some cool moments but felt like it wasted a lot of time, definitely a filler episode

Graeme1888 likes this.
  11. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Thought it was * tbh.

The writing at times is laughably bad.

Graeme1888 and Kyogo Furuhashi like this.
  12. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    With how long they’ve had to plan and write a show it has been very poor, even the previous episode didn’t make a lot of sense in the end, why would he just let him go?

13. JamesM09

Right, I've paused the second episode half way through to come on here and see if anyone had any comments.

Speaking exclusively of the first two episodes, it's shockingly poor so far. The plot so far has been extremely poorly executed, but I won't make specific comments until I've seen more. The writing is some of the worst I've ever seen. If you told me it was a first attempt from a randomer off the internet I would believe you.

I refuse to believe Filoni/Favreau had any serious involvement in this. If it's true there are two factions at Lucasfilm right now then this is definitely in the Kathleen Kennedy domain. It simply has to be. The lack of quality is astounding.

I'll come back once I've seen a bit more but my goodness the execution of what should easily be a slam dunk series is atrocious.

Officer Doofy and Graeme1888 like this.
  14. JamesM09

Struggling to watch it to be honest. It's complete dogshit.

You watch the Mandalorian and Bobba Fett and think they've finally turned a corner and then they produce this mess. D grade stuff.

How have these issues still not been addressed after the riot that was the sequel trilogy?

15. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA

Boba Fett was just as bad for me, I’m still going to give this more of a chance because there’s 2 episodes left but it really does have to improve 100%

16. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll love episode 4, it's really logical and well thought out. You absolutely won't cringe ...

JamesM09 and Graeme1888 like this.
  17. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

18. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I think The Mandalorian is majorly overrated as well tbh. Really don't get the hype.

I've tried with Star Wars. Think it's just not my thing. Original films are bang average, prequels are awful. Sequels are largely * as well.

Considering the money they bring in and how popular the franchise is, they've barely produced anything live action that's actually that good. At least this century anyway.

19. Jamesy Bhoy 7

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    :56: atleast that's intentionally funny

20. JamesM09

For me the problem with the Boba Fett series was it was a bit niche and a bit boring, but the quality was there in terms of writing and direction. I appreciate it's not for everyone. The thing is though, Mando/Fett are entitled to be a bit slow and a more niche, that's what they're there for. It's similar to other Star Wars spin off stuff from the old days and Sci-Fi spin offs like the Halo books etc. I often don't watch extended universe things in sci-fi so I totally appreciate that.

But any issues Mando/Fett have are night and day compared to this *. This is a Kenobi series with the main characters. The basics haven't been done correctly here at all. The script in particular is absolutely awful. Like jarringly bad. I'm not even complaining about the core story yet.

These are legendary characters. Billion dollar characters. They should have competent writing and direction. Every line is just so poor, I've never seen anything like it. Who even wrote this script?

Going to go on a wee rant here if no one minds..

1. It's so jarring that Reva is on Tatooine, yards away from Kenobi, while she is also actively enacting a plan to lure him out from the unknown to capture him. It's just awful writing, you don't do it like that. Either they're on Tatooine purposefully for the plot or they're not on Tatooine. Nothing that happens there is plot-related, it's just to show how bad they are and how good Owen is. Reva should've been shown to be a badass while doing something that drives the 'kidnap and lure Kenobi' plot on some other planet, and there's a million ways we could've shown Owen Lars protecting Kenobi. It's not like their presence on Tatooine even motivates Kenobi to do anything. Seriously baffled this went ahead the way it did.

2. The * weird way Leia had a go at Kenobi when he was rescuing here. What even was that? It made zero * sense. She sees he's being hunted by bounty hunters and somehow draws some random nonsensical conclusions. * me that was atrocious for so many reasons. How did someone even write that *? It could genuinely be a wind up.

3. The way Kenobi finds out Anakin is alive.. what the * was that? So forced, such a wasted opportunity. Dogshit writing.

4. The first scene with Vader is just bad. He sounds like a Power Rangers villain or something like that with the stuff he says. "I've been watching you, I know what it is you seek". The way he offers her reward or death.. where's the * subtlety? Just * poor writing.

5. I switched off during the scene where the Inquisitor with the hat says he should be the next Grand Inquisitor and Force-holds Reva, but then Reva says Vader says she's to be in charge and they just believe her in a pure weird way. I'm sorry but it's just appalling writing and directing. Basic stuff here.