1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Non Transferable Season Tickets

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by gasrex, Dec 15, 2017.

Discuss Non Transferable Season Tickets in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. gasrex

I have had a generic letter from the club today reminding me my season ticket is not transferable to family & friends, and it quotes the need for this for supporter safety and to comply with SPFL regulations.
    The safety aspect is complete bollocks, I used to hold Man United season tickets for work and they were transferable, so why would it be safe in Manchester but not Glasgow. However, do the SPFL really stipulate that tickets can't be given away? And if so why? Celtic Park would be pretty empty most weeks if only the named season ticket holder was allowed entry.

JamesM09 likes this.
  2. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Got one aswell, I have been reading between the lines of JP Taylor the SLO replies and he is angling at it was because of concession tickets being abused. For what it’s worth if I can’t make the game and someone wants my valid * ticket then it will be getting used.

3. JamesM09

It’s a gaff from the club and I reckon someone will get into serious trouble for it.

The notion that Celtic wouldn’t want their stadium filled when some ST holders can’t make the game is absurd.

I would guess the ticket office get a lot of hassle 15 minutes before kickoff with tickets not working and adults trying to get in with child tickets and adults using discounted tickets. Someone has probably hastily fired off this letter without thinking.

There’s a whole economy at Celtic of people sharing books and Irish supporters buying books and only using them when they can get across.

neilly1987 and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  4. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Club * up and now can’t retract it properly.

Long and short of it, ignore the letter.

5. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Exactly.

6. leeso-ardoyne

I believe it's to do with kids tickets getting used as adults and also some bought kids tickets to guarantee a gers ticket or CL games and the club losing out on money. I've heard when BR joins, there was surge in kids books sold. That and them Irish supporters buying them and only using them a few times a season. My suggestion would be to ban the Irish and don't let kids in. That way Celtic will be in a win win situation and will reap their rewards by just selling * tickets.

jake10, Gyp Rosetti and gasrex like this.
  7. James Gold Member Gold Member

They * up its impossible to police. Me and my dad have the same name and * tickets can we swap ?

Someone will get their baws toed

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  8. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    My mates son was stopped with a ticket with his dads name which is also his, and both tickets are * ones just that his dad wasn’t present but his young pal was using the ticket. Why should they give a * with that as the club is losing nothing whatsoever.

neilly1987 and James like this.
  9. James Gold Member Gold Member

Jobsworths

StPauli1916, JamesM09 and neilly1987 like this.
  10. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Totally agree mate, I am just a bit concerned about where all this is going with the club. Especially given where we are on the park.

James likes this.
  11. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    I hate when the club give the whole of Celtic Twitter the oppurtunity to announce that their season tickets holders. * me must have seen the letter posted a 1000 different times already and the caption starting "am a season book holder".

The club wanting to have perfect PR as usual, has backfired. if they had just stated the real reason of the abuse of concessions instead of that ambiguous waste of a stamp then it would be old news by now.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  12. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

You mean towed? :fear:

James likes this.
  13. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    you missed out concession and student tickets , * season tickets £50 pay at gate £100 european games quids well in

14. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    Was at the Hamilton game on wed using a mates ticket. I took ma boy along. The stadium want even half full. It'd have been proper empty I'd imagine if STs were non transferable. I don't think too many people are actually abusing their books, so why the badly worded letter? As long as I have been a supporter of the club, the years when I haven't been a ST holder, it was always good when ma uncle, dad, friend or brother couldn't make the game and I got a freebie!

I find this statement utterly ridiculous. On a CL night it would be extremely difficult to enforce unless you want to queue for an hour before the game to gain entry to the stadium while stewards and police check the ID of every fan entering!

Whit a load of pish.

neilly1987 and _DannyBhoy_ like this.
  15. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    The abuse of kids / OAP tickets being used by adults is a problem but not as widespread as some think. The problem really rears it's head when numerous turnstiles don't accept some ST's. Stewards then telling people to go to TO which is mobbed. People losing the rag and not able to give even the address of the ST card holder. Surely common sense should prevail on such occasions with a supervisor checking if the card is being used correctly by * etc and manually allow entry.

But you're right some kids ST's were bought purely to guarantee tickets for Huns games using the twice a season free upgrades. Not sure there is anything Celtic can do to stop that which is workable using the current card system. Maybe go back to the old paper tickets in a season book? Though most of you young pups probably weren't born when we had those. :56:

* me when i started going to games there were hardly ever any tickets and you paid cash at the gate in pre-decimal £, /- and pennies.

16. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Heard on the buses from men that regularly deal with tickets that all post Brendan kids tickets are being watched closely. Ones before him are fine.

17. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I know a lassie who didnt get allowed into I think it was the PSG game as she turned up late and it was her dad or uncles season ticket and they wanted ID and she had to go to the ticket office and pay for a payer ticket £50 odd or whatever it was. Shockin.

18. Jack Torrance Heeeeeere's Johnny! Gold Member

Got the letter today, just gave it the finger and scrunched it up and put it in the bin.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  19. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Reported.

ladbroke8 and Big els like this.
  20. leeso-ardoyne

I hope the other forum members can take my post with a pintch of sale because I was kidding.

But as for adults using kids tickets, I wouldn't be bothered about that. Sure I've snuck in many a time myself. Good to see someone in there than an empty seat I say.

It's a bit of a stuck between a rock and a hard place for us in Ireland who want guaranteed tickets for the big games. I always can get one or two tickets for the big games but getting 5 or 6 for me,her and the kids would be difficult. Esp all sitting together. That's reason why I bought my own tickets so we can all be together whenever we want to go and the no hassle trying to get them. But I can see how Celtic can lose out in situations like that where them kids tickets could have been adults.

TBH, when I seen the letter(thou I didn't get one) I was like "* sake" I'll be paying prices of books and not being able to get anything back towards next year. Hopefully it'll be just Celtic blowing hot smoke and that's the last we heard of it.

As for the old books, I remember them well. My das mate used to let use use his years ago so I'm not that much of a spring chicken lol.