1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Nir Bitton

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by ILoveTheCeltic, Aug 28, 2013.

Discuss Nir Bitton in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    So have they been released? Or are they being sold, it very much sounds like they've been released, I thought that they both had a year left before

2. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    A genuinely think it’s been a mutual agreement thing with him and rogic with the club

Can'tbehooped likes this.
  3. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Certainly looks that way. Surprised the club hasn't tried to get a fee mind. We could easily have gotten £3m or £4m for the pair of them. Think Rogic had a deal lined up to Qatar last year from £4m himself. So, after the year he has had, we could have gotten a decent fee for them.

Maybe the club let them leave because of their commitment to the club after all these years? * knows.

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Usually when you go out to a new place, especially overseas, it’s harder to adapt. Luckily I got a friend for life in Nir. He helped me adapt quickly and with everything.

“I thank him for that and I’m happy for this season. I came to Celtic with expectations and as the games went on I raised my expectations even more.

“I am a very close friend of his since I came to Celtic.

“He made an amazing way in the team with all the titles he took.

“He is an admirable figure for all the people in the country. Obviously, he was a symbol here. Everyone loves him and appreciates him.”

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

6. avitar Gold Member Gold Member

Anyone know where he is going I can't seem to find anything online

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Maccabi Tel Aviv.

avitar likes this.
  8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

https://m.one.co.il/mobile/article/413158.html

Bitton rejected the opening proposal, the negotiations had not yet begun
    Maccabi Tel Aviv submitted an initial offer to Celtic brake which was low for him, the Yellows have not yet returned with a new offer and they are considering more options, but his name is still strong on the agenda

Vladan Ivic opened his training for the 2022/23 season with a very lacking staff that still requires immediate strengthening in defense and wings, but Maccabi Tel Aviv can still not announce new signings on the way and they continue to work on several levels, foreign and Israeli. The professional manager, Barak Yitzhaki, and the Serbian coach have been watching many candidates in recent days and some have submitted bids when the goal was to bring at least a new brake to the training camp in Merleau and possibly a winger, but as of today (Tuesday) it is difficult to assess whether they will meet this task.

As far as the Israeli players are concerned, Nir Bitton's name is strongly found in Ivica's notebooks, but Yitzhaki's initial offer, which was sent to the Celtic brake, was not in the numbers that the player is interested in signing. The initial proposal was rejected and since then negotiations have not resumed regarding a new proposal. It is clear to both sides that in order for Biton to arrive, the Yellows will have to raise the amounts however it seems that they are exploring more options in the market before returning with a new offer

However, in the absence of alternatives in the Israeli market, it is still estimated that in the end Maccabi Tel Aviv will raise the numbers in an attempt to persuade Bitton to sign and if the next offer is not enough for him, they will have to see how to approach the situation. - Shahar Phiben and Idan Nachmias. Enrique Saborit or Sharan Yeni may have played in that position as well, but it is not their leading position

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

https://m.sport5.co.il/articles.aspx?FolderID=64&docID=405359

The person who received an offer to sign a season contract with an option is Nir Bitton. The offer is based on 250,000 euros, with the player being able to reach 350,000 euros with bonuses. Bitton, who is in the country, is trying to get a contract for more torture. Omonia Nicosia coach Neil Lennon who brought Bitton to Celtic has expressed interest, but Cyprus cannot pay Bitton a higher salary so it looks like he will have to compromise financiall

Last edited: Jul 2, 2022
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

The football club has reached an agreement with Nir Bitton (30) on a two-year contract with an extension option.

Bitton (30) joins Maccabi from Celtic where he played for 9 successful seasons and in the media made more than 270 appearances and won 18 titles.

Bitton made his debut for the Israeli senior team in 2010 with 3 goals in 39 international appearances and another 39 appearances in the Israeli youth team uniform.

11. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Good luck to him

bobs1974 likes this.
  12. Israeliguest

Hi there,i've got a few questions about nir bitton(MTA fan here) and if you could elaborate about him it would be helpful to know what excpect from him.

I've not seen Bitton in action a long time since he left israel.
    Was he been any good during his few last seasons at celtic?(let's say from 18/19 until the last season).

And the last one is:When Nir played a center back,does he being capble to be an adequate player for a bottom-mid table championship side?

Thanks.

13. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Bitton is qaulity. Keep him in midfield where he belongs. He was too good for the bench role he played and absolute dogshite as a cb... actually he looked very good and assured as a cb but would certainly do a major * up every single time as a CB. Guy is smooth as silk with the ball.

Israeliguest likes this.
  14. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

I would hazard a guess that he would be class as a cb in your league. He was capable of playing decent against most SPFL teams in that position. If you have a solid partner for him and need a ball playing centre back, then he's a perfect fit.

Although he wasn't a regular starter for us he was still a reliable option when called upon. Had the odd silly moment which resulted in being carded but apart from that he was still as good as he ever was.

Good luck to him.

Israeliguest likes this.
  15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

17. EddieBhoy1986

The definition of an unsung hero was big Nir.

18. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Surprised he didn’t get a move to a championship club or even another team in any of the $ leagues

19. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    I really liked this guy. He was very good when he was in form, but very * when not performing.

20. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone