1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Nir Bitton

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by ILoveTheCeltic, Aug 28, 2013.

Discuss Nir Bitton in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JamesM09

I disagree. He got a stupid red card against the Huns in January, killing off our last chance at the 10.

Then when we were dominating a Champions League qualifier he got himself deliberately sent off.

I'd get him to * as soon as possible. Our team has been a riot for a while and he couldn't hold down a starting position. When he is brought in to do a job he either has a howler or gets sent off within 45 minutes.

Genuinely completely useless and unreliable. I used to defend him too because he has talent but he is not a reliable footballer and not good enough to start for Celtic.

As usual, all it takes for a player to be good again is to not play any games. Short memories.

Gyp Rosetti, Dazza, Wee Baldy and 5 others like this.
  2. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

I was referring mainly to his attitude regarding the club.
    He doesn’t pick himself & all the managers have used him in a variety of positions.
    He never seems to cause any unrest or scenes & just to me seems to try his best in most situations.
    It can’t be easy being in & out of the team & be expected to play as if you’re up to speed at the drop of a hat.
    As I said, all the managers have used him to varying degrees & positions so assume they see him training & his demeanour & trust him.

Forestbhoy66 and JamesM09 like this.
  3. 88jimmij88

Fav Celtic Player:
    KT
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand old team to play for
    Think we should have got rid of him a coyple of years back and used the wages for a decent CB. He'll be on good money and doesn't contribute enough. As a midfielder, I don't think he's aggressive enough to work in big Ange's high intensity system. He's always had that lacsidasical style.

Wee Baldy and martin_d like this.
  4. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Shame he’s pish though eh.

martin_d and dbhoy72 like this.
  5. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Happy to have him around as a squad player.

Bayern Bru and Spring Time like this.
  6. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Guy has been on easy street for years, just plods along, doesn't make waves, picks up a handsome wage.
    Time to pull the pin, get shot. Free up a wage, bring in someone that can maybe take us forward.
    He has had a few chances and has blown it mostly.
    When was last time he put in a performance, years ago I suspect.

7. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Thanks for saving me a type. ;)

Sydneysider and JamesM09 like this.
  8. Foley1888

For me never should have got the last extension and certainly not the length of that one. For me he blocks a place for someone to develop and doesn’t offer any more security giving his tendency to bombscare over the last couple of seasons.

Says it all he wants to stay here and play next to no games than go and play somewhere else.

He is to a lesser extent what Ntcham became, in Delia’s first season there was talk of him being a £7-8m player, interest from la liga etc and since then has been injury and error prone with the odd cracking performance flung in but too few and far between.

Sydneysider and martin_d like this.
  9. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

its amazing he starts for israel and yet when we get going he never gets a look in, how the * can he continue to hold down his israel place

whenever i see him play i think big strong looking guy but hes so lightweight were not a nation of big * yet he always gets outmaneuvered, out paced, out fought i dont think hes got the heart, in contrast in that important engine room role look at how calum mcgregor was last season and hes one of our best players, biton could never be a starter in our midfield maybe coming on late when were a couple of goals up, you just cant rely on him accept for him to stick around for his pay packet

who was he cracking against ?

Last edited: Sep 4, 2021
  10. stew37

He's played his part in the past but felt after his last sending off, that was enough. We're still light in positions he can play but think we should explore other options than playing him at the back if we have injuries etc.

martin_d likes this.
  11. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    I’d honestly have Murray ahead of him at CB, and then Lawal. At least by playing them, we’re aiding their development. Persisting with Bitton is a waste.

Should be trying to get £1m for him in January.

Gyp Rosetti, greengrocer and stew37 like this.
  12. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Bitton can play the odd good pass and looks good when we are strolling a game however, he doesn't win enough balls in the air, is too slow and has to revert to fouling time after time.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  13. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Playing for Israel again as they lead Austria 3-1.

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

15. Forestbhoy66 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Was going to put something similar to this up. I just like his attitude and he’s willing to put it in whichever position he’s picked for.

Spring Time likes this.
  16. Foley1888

Going back a while now but games that immediately spring to mind was Man City at home 3-3 game he had a very good game, also the two legs vs Inter Milan.

I totally agree it’s time for him to go though. He’s never a centre back.

17. Dannybhoy81

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The celtic symphony
    Is it my eyes or is the font blue here?

18. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    A top performance from Bitton in MF by all accounts, I'd like to see him given a run in that position again, see how he does beside CalMac, will give CalMac more license to get forward with Bitton shielding the defence, will also add extra much needed height to the team.

19. Maestro 08

Nah he's let us down too many times. A big * bag. Long outstayed his welcome for me. Can't remember the last manager that made him a first pick, there's a reason for that. Jack of all trades, master of none.

martin_d likes this.
  20. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Can't say I ever been seen what he contributes tbh. Quite slow, clumsy and gives a really lazy feel about his game.

Biggest compliment I can give is he always seems available to play when we have had injuries.

martin_d likes this.