1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Nikita Haikin

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Henrik 07, Apr 29, 2022.

Discuss Nikita Haikin in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. RabS Aw fuck it Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Problem with replacing Bain as 2nd choice is it would leave very little wiggle room in terms of our European squad. Aye it would be ideal to bring someone in who can properly challenge/eventually take over from Hart but with the likes of Forrest/Johnston not looking like they're gonna offer much going forward we're proper struggling with homegrown players.

If we keep Bain as second choice with Oluwayemi as 3rd choice it gives us the opportunity to register an additional non-homegrown outfield player who will more than likely offer more to the squad than a back up keeper would over a season.

Last edited: May 1, 2022
  2. Wllm Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Don't think there was anything in this. Was a Celtic twitter ITK basically saying we should look at him as he'd be a great fit for us based on analytics and the story grew legs and got picked up by other footie accounts.

That being said I probably wouldn't be surprised if he was on our radar as he would actually suit us.

100% think we should be looking at getting another keeper in though. Both for a playing style fit and healthy competition for Hart. Bain is miles away from what we need but have no problem with him being 3rd choice.

3. DuffyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Petrov/Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    lonesome boatman
    Never seen much of him as a shot stopper, but in terms of playing out and passing it out, he would be worth bring in.

4. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    If he’s decent with the ball at his feet then I certainly wouldn’t be against it after some of today’s scrambles…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Israeli born Russian goalkeeper...

:eek:

martin_d likes this.
  6. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    I’ve always had a fondness for Bain. He is decent, and what you say about his strengths is true, but you’re miles off with that claim in bold, mate.
    We haven’t been known for having depth at GK v often in the last couple of decades, but at least Zaluska was twice the keeper Bain is. Would come in for Boruc or Forster and you’d barely know the difference in some games (not all, granted).

If Hart picks up an injury and Bain gets a run, we’ll be starkly reminded of the absolute chasm between them in terms of commanding their box, coming for crosses and other big aspects of being our number 1. Think Barkas has made him look far better than he actually is.

7. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Bain is pish.

Haikin looked class against us in the first leg and we saw the difference between the sides having a keeper who was comfortable on the ball and one who wasn’t.

Wethers it’s Haikin or someone else we need a real modern keeper to take this team to the next level.

Hart has been outstanding at shot stopping but collecting crosses and playing out from the back are major weaknesses and are becoming more and more obvious.

Guchi Gucci likes this.
  8. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Zaluska was awful for me, so, so rash. People only think different I think because Zaluska made about 30 appearances across 5/6 years whereas Bain’s been good enough to replace the apparent first choice twice in Gordon and Barkas. Just not good enough to be first choice for us overall, if he was as rarely spotted as the likes of Zaluska, in for a 5-0 pumping against Dundee or something then back out the team, naecunt would have an issue with him.

9. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    I remember broto being a good back up.

Dannybhoy81 and martin_d like this.