1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

NHL

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by T.D., Jan 24, 2007.

Discuss NHL in the Other Sports area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb

A dying art unfortunately, but great bouts can still happen. Solid fight, enjoy...

2. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    Bruins on their way to a 4th straight loss. * it's depressing to watch...

3. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    B's head into the all-star break coming off 2 straight wins, following their 4 game skid. Big confidence boost for the team and fans, especially with both coming at home.

4. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    Bruins have fired Claude Julien. Can't say I completely agree or disagree, but the timing of this move is shameful by the Bruins. To mask the firing of the winningest coach in Bruins history and the longest tenured coach in the NHL behind the Superbowl victory parade by the Patriots is embarrassing. Julien deserved a better fate, and I would've waited until the off season at least.

5. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    B's have won their first two games under interim head coach (former assistant) Bruce Cassidy. Big game tonight against the Canadiens (le * *). Always the kryptonite to the Bruins, for once I'd love to see a solid performance and an end result of a good clear cut win against the Habs. So often we completely * ourselves and never play our game, and get deservedly beat. We can and should be beating them more consistently, time to * win it tonight.

6. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    4-0. Bruins win. Always love beating teams in blue and red... :36::brendy:

7. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    Canadiens hire Claude Julien as head coach, a week after the Bruins fired him. Ironically, it's the second time the Habs have fired Therrien AND replaced him with Julien. Happened in 2003 and 2017. * crossing back over the divide, no quarter given...

8. Overkill187 Batshitcrazy

Sidney Crosby recorded his 1000th career point at the age of 29 the other day.

9. Mr. Fawlty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    Big move, get the feeling he'll be out for revenge with the two facing off so often in the Atlantic Div. No reason for him to turn it down either, biggest club in hockey and all that. Surprised Boston didn't stop him from talking to them, think I read that they could have done so.

10. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    Yes, they have the ability to grant permission to any team wanting to talk to him, and imo they just wanted him off the books. Unfortunately the Bruins and Habs dont play again this season, unless we meet in the playoffs.

Mr. Fawlty likes this.
  11. Mr. Fawlty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    Yeah, I imagine keeping a top of the line coach around on gardening leave isn't that healthy for the books.

12. aeroshady

Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough!
    Figured I would stop in and talk about the last week and half. Went to see my NY Rangers play against the Preds a little over a week ago. New York is looking solid again. They have amazing speed this season. If they can stay put and play the Atlantic Division rout in the Playoffs, I could see them making another long playoff run.

More recently, I few to Chicago this past weekend to see the Hawks play the Oliers. Always a great atmosphere in Chicago for a Hawks game. Oliers won, but I had a great time being in the city. It was also very warm for this time of the year in Chicago.

CalgaryBhoy likes this.
  13. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    Sounds like a great trip. I still think Pittsburgh and Washington are the teams to beat in the east. Can't tell if NYR are solid enough at the back to cope with their attack.

14. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    Mr. Fawlty likes this.
  15. aeroshady

Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough!
    How did you become such a big Bruins fan? I used to live 3 minutes walking from TD Bank area when I lived in Boston. It was awesome because I could get 10 dollar student tickets and would go to games all the time!

16. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

He lives in Calgary. Anyone but the Flames.

CalgaryBhoy likes this.
  17. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    Honestly took a liking to them when I was a kid and it never shook. What you described is an absolute dream to me, never been to Boston before, but plan on going after my schooling is up. Glad to see another Bruin-Celtic connection.

18. themouth1888

In just over a week I'm going to be in the saddledome watching my Islanders take on the Flames.

Even my wife has decided to get a flames top which leaves me about the only person In the whole place wearing an Isles top

CalgaryBhoy likes this.
  19. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    Enjoy it man! Sip on a few dome foams and take in the atmosphere. You'll be among some other Isles fans as well, should be a decent game.

themouth1888 likes this.
  20. aeroshady

Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough!
    It really was amazing to be that close to an NHL arena. I bought a Chara jersey back in 2006 when he became the Captain. If I recall, I went to the first 10 home games that year and saw Kessel's first NHL goals as a rookie. Only time I didn't root for the B's was when they played my New York Rangers!

Boston is a fantastic city. I miss living there and if I could, I would move back! Great hockey town.

At least that is no different from an Islanders home game :biggrin:

CalgaryBhoy likes this.