1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Newcastle’s Billionaire Takeover

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Liam Scales, Oct 2, 2021.

Discuss Newcastle’s Billionaire Takeover in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sin

* me this club just seems to find new mud to hide under.

I'm old enough to remember them doing great under Sir Bobby Robson, so great they sacked him!
    I was so happy to see them go through these years with a bell end like Ashley running the club, dodging relegation every season, I kept thinking "Remember when 3rd or 4th wasn't good enough?"

Now they have this bunch coming in.
    You know a bunch that throws rocks at women, organise murders, we won't even get into the terrorists connections.

Even Shearer that has bitched for years about money from these owners ruining the game and the league, he is out saying how great this takeover is for Newcastle, * hypocrite!

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 likes this.
  2. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

It's a sad time for football.Newcastle were one of the few clubs I had respect for down there.

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 likes this.
  3. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Don’t get why people are so against money and modernisation in football. Unrealistic inflation happens in every avenue of life. Newcastle getting money amongst the “top 6” clubs trying to stop it can only be a good thing for competition. They all wanted to * off for the super league so surely any challenge to their powers is a good thing. We all want the board removed or changed? If someone came in tomorrow and promised us the champions league we’d be ecstatic.
    Sometimes I really really do not understand the hatred in the the football community for other teams (other than direct rivals) or just the hatred in general

4. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    If you think people are against this because of money then you’re mistaken.

Sin and The_Bhoy like this.
  5. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Seen a couple of Newcastle fan group statements. Long story short they were along the lines of...

Welcome rich people, we are aware you stone thieves in the market square, jail rape victims, murder gay people but make us competitive and all’s good.

Sickening

KRS-1888, eire4, The Phoenix and 3 others like this.
  6. stew37

I'm not sure i agree that we'd all be ecstatic should a Saudi billionaire come in and buy over Celtic. It's probably difficult to find a completely ethical billionaire as other people have touched on, but for me Newcastle is now just another club that's lost most of it's identity and soul on account of this.

The only good thing that comes of this for me personally is maybe that I can get the odd bit of enjoyment seeing Newcastle get beat by other, poorer teams, the same way I do when teams like Man City, PSG get beat.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  7. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I wonder how legally stuck to them they are in that regards.

If the Saudis are serious, then things like Castore (connected to Mike Ashley) and Gerrard won't be entertained for too long.
    Castore best option is they see out whatever 3 or 4 year deal they had managed to wrangle with Ashley in charge.
    But there must be surely a large chance that the Saudis will be looking at brands like Nike or Puma even a throwback to Adidas, along with managers of the ilk of Conte.

You want your new club to be taken seriously and to go for a trophy in your first full season, you throw that level of money/experience to it and make the club a sellable brand.

8. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    It may take a few years but it will all end in tears. The EPL as a whole.

9. honda Gold Member Gold Member

We've said it for years. Its not going to happen. Super league? The epl will turn into its own version of oil rich sugar daddies competing against each other just to get one over each other for a bit of fun. A few billion here or there is nothing for these people. Crazy amounts of money for us but utter pennies for them.
    Soon the champions league will be English teams only year after year winning it. Spain nearly can't compete anymore, Germany can't compete financially either. The top go for the money, and the foreseeable future of money is all in the EPL. How *.

The_Bhoy, AdamRS, cidermaster and 3 others like this.
  10. ddub11

As football fans i guess its easy enough to have a go a Newcastle for going down this route,but if it was Celtic being offered this opportunity/money i wonder if we would feel the same.

The opportunity to bring in the worlds best players and compete and the highest level in football would we turn it down?at the end of the day football is now all about financial success and sadly human rites takes a back seat.Like it or not thats the way it is and if clubs dont get on board they will eventually get left behind.

11. callumrae1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Weird that I'm looking forward to seeing who they sign but didn't give two * about Messi to PSG. :giggle1:

12. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Nah we already have one of the richest UK billionaires and he takes money out not invests it. Wed get the bill Gates and he'd want paid to do the job. Thats our luck :56:

The_Bhoy and ddub11 like this.
  13. StevieBhoooy!

It’s not so much hatred if the clubs/teams (or their fans - although pitiful maybe) … it’s what the Man City’s and PSGs stand for with their billionaire owners who can skew the whole balance if the game and run the clubs as mere amusements of side projects.

Clubs that couldn’t get crowds of a few thousands before the Arab oil dosh arrives and suddenly there’s an extra 40,000 fans who bleed the club colours and think they own Europe. Fickle doesn’t even start..

Between the Middle Eastern oil states , US sports groups and Sky…. The game is being ruined. The Champions League closed shop that uefa crave is complicit in this and is what spawned the attempted super league breakaway… something that I’m certain will be back once the greed impulse rises again.

As for Celtic… I would be sick if such a takeover ever happened …. No matter how much money was involved.

Personally… I hope Newcastle get relegated and stuck in the championship for years…. * money away on not quite good enough players because they can’t attract the ones good enough to get them out.

14. Sin

In defence of some Man City fans, while they have gotten a lot more 'fans' Man City were still getting over 30k fans when they were in the third tier in England, the other teams in that division loved having them there as the travelling support was also huge for that league.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  15. Buster

16. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain

I’m not necessarily highlighting the money side of it but if a few decided to pull out down the line then some teams would be *. I’m actually talking about the scramble to create super clubs by oil rich billionaires and war criminals and crooks. The league will lose any remaining English identity and will effect the fans as the EPL will become a Visitors attraction. Which is part and parcel for some clubs. All these billions doesn’t mean the grass is always greener.

What I will say about Toon fans, apart from being mostly tossers, they have a passion unmatched by any other team in England. They are fanatical and always been like that. They do deserve to be challenging for trophies and I believe we seen more an outpouring of relief and celebration by their fans to have the chance to become something. I think that a lot of other clubs fans in England are probably desperate for a sugar daddy too as that’s the mark of football in England these days. I would never want an Abu Dhabi or the likes taking us over.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
    The Phoenix, Sean Daleer and honda like this.
  17. StevieBhoooy!

I would never want this for Celtic… but you’re right…. Many would leave principles in the gutter an embrace the foreign $$$€€€¥¥. These are the same evil rich people who are laundering cash offshore and not only avoiding U.K. taxes but are allowed to buy up billions in U.K. property.

Leadership comes from the top. If there was ANY in world football, no forward thinking country would be trying to qualify for a competition in Qatar…. Yet Scotland are apparently on the verge of something special.

…but it all goes to show (as I keep saying) there are no morals in football.

ddub11 and packybhoy like this.
  18. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    We outspend other clubs in our league, but we have earned it so I don't feel clubs can feel wronged.
    I wouldn't want to be involved in the club if we got bought out by a Saudi PFI. I hate what has become of football to be honest, it's why I don't watch non Celtic or Scotland games on the tele. I don't believe I could support a club whose fans have been very anti Conservative and racist over the years that was owned by people far worse.

19. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Chelsea bought out their Adidas contract a few years ago when there was still like 5 years left I’m sure because they knew Nike would dwarf it. I imagine Newcastle will be able to do similar.

I don’t expect them to just start flinging £100m’s around straight away to be honest. Think they’d be better off building the club for 4/5 year before going for big names.

Peej likes this.
  20. AdamRS Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can’t get enough Depeche mode
    I don’t mind the red bull franchise idea as they have really well run clubs but the oil tycoon owner just makes a plastic club imo