1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

New Games

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Celtic Mad, Oct 14, 2004.

Discuss New Games in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

There are so many new games out these next few months its unbelievable!!!

Fifa 2005 was released last week
    Club Football ::: Celtic was out last week too
    Pro Evo 4 was out yesterday
    GTA: San Andreas is out on 29th
    Football Manager 2005 is out next month
    Champ Man 5 is out next month too

I really won't be able to keep track of all these amazing games!!

Which do you think will be top notch and which will dissapoint you do you think?

2. jaradthescot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beattie again. Give the wee bhoy a run, WGS
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Jinky
    Yae:
    Pro Evo 4
    FM05
    FIFA 2005

Nae:
    GTA: San Andreas
    CM5

Can't get Club Football where I live so I won't bother rating it. Can't wait for FM05, though!!

3. lupin43

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik and Neil and Jackie and LUBO
    Fav Celtic Song:
    A soldiers song and Viva Espania
    I think 2005 will be awosome but of course donwn here we wont get Celtic club football only Real Madrid and the enlgish ones
    lol

4. Stephen

i saw a celtic one for 2004 lupin, but only once, the rest of the time i always see man poo, 'pool, madrid and arsenal. how many ppl on these boards are seriously into the old CM soon to be FM?
    and anyone got pes4 and/ or pes4. i always disliked pes fans because they always bagged the fifa series constantly but then last month i got pes3 off a mate and i have to say that it really does * all over fifa except for the licences, so i was wondering if anyone here has one or both and can compare

5. BTG

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Maloney, Browny
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Think GTA will turn out to be the best, the previous games are the best games on the ps2 and i'll definetly be getting it. Dont think cm5 will live up to expectations.

6. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

I am lookind forward to GTA the most. Loved all the rest and I don't think this one will let me down either. Will be putting FM 2005 way before CM 5! Will probably rent PES4 and Fifa 2005 out today and will give you my verdict once I have played them.

7. jaradthescot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Jinky
    CM, CM5 is a completely new game asside from the name. FM05 is the same game as you played in CM03/04 jsut improved, tweaked, and with a new name

8. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

Ye I know. I don't think CM5 will be as good as FM2005 though. But you never know, CM 5 could be excellent but there is nothing on the CM site to tell us when they have a demo out and havent got enough information yet to be confident enough to buy the game yet.

Downloded the gold demo of FM2005 and am very impressed with it so far. You can only choose the English or Scottish leagues in it. Celtic have £1,500,000 transfer funds!!

9. Stephen

the thing about the demo i didnt like is the displaying of player names down the screen instead of the traditional view.

10. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

I found that annoying too but I'm sure there will be a way to change it back in the final release.

11. Stephen

yeah i know, and anyone enjoy playing the tony hawk series? im getting THUG 2 soon

12. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

I wasnt into it at first, but played it recently and quite enjoy it. Underground 2 looks pretty good to be honest!

13. BTG

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Maloney, Browny
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Where did you get this FM demo CM?

14. jaradthescot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Jinky
  15. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

Yep. I downloaded the strawberry version. You are limited to 6 months but it is enough to tell whether you like the game or not.

I got PES4 our last night and think it is excellent so far! Apart from the fact that you can't edit the Celtic shirt to have green and white hoops, but the gameplay is yet again, excellent!

16. dazmc

Got PES4 on Friday and I am loving it. I own FIFA2004 but could never bring myself to play it as PES3 was too good. I am probably never going to be in a position to compare it to FIFA2005 because, as far as i am concerned, there is no need, PES4 is the s@#t!

The PES4 programmers have almost everywhere. The unpredictable nature of the gameplay that allows brilliant and varied moves to be created is still there but the player ball control is more life-like. The step overs and shot dummy moves are much quicker and much easier to incorporate into normal play. The player attribute categories have a greater impact and on their performance and that means the players are now very individual and this influences the way you play the game. Shooting is a bid different and using the usual shooting method that was successful in PES3 doesn't yeild the same goals. The shoot button has to be held for fractionally longer to get enough power. The goalies also appear to be better shot blockers this time round too.

These are the main things that need getting used to and possibly make it a harder game, although that is definately a good thing from a longevity point of view.

Other good points are that you can start the Master league with the actual Celtic squad (once you have changed the names) and you can also make changes to the squad members and bring Juninho in from Middlesbrough

A couple of moans though and in particular a couple of regressions from PES3:

1) NO HOOPS! :icon_evil What is that all about? They were there in PES3 but somebody somewhere has made a big mistake there.

2) You cant change the commentary name for the team. At least in PES3 you could have the (admittedly awful) commentry say "And Celt have just taken the lead!" But we are back to Old Firm Green this time around.

17. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

Agree totally with you there mate! The hoops thing is really starting to bug me now! lol. I have heard really good things about Fifa 2005. Looks like I will have to buy it or rent it to see what it is like.

18. Mark

I can't wait to get San Andreas it looks brilliant. I might have a look at some of the others out too but SA is first priority!

PS. Did you know than all the GTA games are made by a Scottish company! Wahay! Rockstar games..

19. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

Quality!! Never knew Rockstar was Scottish, thought it was originated in America and is multi-national now.

20. Dubsbhoy Banned!

yeah there scots and big dundee united fans in one of the gta's there's a billboard with a dundee untied crest on it.