1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

New Celtic fan requires help.

Discussion in 'Celtic Supporters Info' started by Henryhoover, Aug 11, 2013.

Discuss New Celtic fan requires help. in the Celtic Supporters Info area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henryhoover

I am coming through to Glasgow for the second leg of the European Play-off on August 28th 2013. I want to know a few things about Celtic before I arrive and thought this was the best place to ask them.

1) Where do the Celtic fans meet up before the game, Like a Bar or a Street?

2) Which is the Best Stand to book tickets in for a game?

3) What is the best time to arrive at the stadium on match night?

Thanks for your help,

Stephen.

2. verdi-y-blanco

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    gallowgate, north stand, about 20 mins before kick off

3. TheHolyGoalie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    1) The Gallowgate is the main hub of Celtic activity. Pubs, merchandise stores etc. etc., best bet is to go there but it can be a bit intimidating if it's your first time.

2) I sit in the Lisbon Lions stand, that's where Celtic are shooting into in the first half, great view imo and inbetween the away fans and the Green Brigade (well it used to be) so a good atmosphere.

3) I live very close to the stadium but I like to get in early around 7pm, I'd suggest you'd do the same. Soak in the stadium, watch the players train and get a feel for the place before the game.

4. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Gallogate area, my favourite stand is the south stand/main stand as you get the best view of the rest of the stadium. Also I try and get in at 7:15 so that you catch all of the build up.

5. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

Gallowgate for pubs,a few pubs around the stadium ,The oak bar,London rd tavern will be mobbed and bouncing

Get in early

Any stand will do

6. Degen

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik, Lubo
    The Oak Bar is good for a first time visit to Parkhead. Celtic pub and 2 minutes from Celtic Park.

I usually get there at kickoff, but if you want to take it all in, maybe arrive 5-10 minutes early.

7. Glasgow_Bhoy88

If it's a sell-out you might not be able to get a ticket unless you personally go get one.

8. Lion1961 Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fenian Record Player
    If this is your first ever visit then try coming up to Glasgow early in the day and see if a stadium tour is running.

Enjoy the game and trip.

9. gerard1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    paul mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    There's a bar in the ground I think you have to phone up and book it

10. Glasgow_Bhoy88

I don't think they do them on Champions League nights due to all the commotion with cameras and Uefa/opposition reps.

I know that with domestic (Saturday) matchdays they cancel the afternoon tours and make them 30-40 mins shorter.

11. Henryhoover

Thanks for all the Help, And i've got a stadium tour booked for the day before. Once again, Thanks :)

12. NA CEILTIGH

They still do the tours at chpions lge days. Think last one is 12.30 buy you can't get into the changing rooms on match days. I brought friends over to juventus game and I done the tour with them the morning of the game. It should be easy enough ti get tickets for this game. The cliftonville game was free for season ticket holders and there was still around 20 thousand empty seats. Anyway enjoy the game. Will not decide until next week if I can get the time off work to travel over.

13. CFC_67_88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fraser Forster
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Victor Wanyama
    London road taverns a good spot although the new kerrydale bar is open its in the ground.
    The South stand is a great view and a great atmosphere although the is onions stand is the best stand behind the goals

Enjoy mate :50: