1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

New camera question...advice..please

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by CELTBOY, Jul 31, 2011.

Discuss New camera question...advice..please in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CELTBOY

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik/boruc/mcgeady/brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    inter milan/four leaf clover
    [​IMG]

Im getting a new camera for my birthday in a few months...im into photography..well i think i am:) i have had numerous camera down the years and always seem to be let down by them..regardless of €€ spent...so...im thinking of going all out and getting one like the one above...a proper semi-pro camera...any tips??:50:

2. Silent Singer

you wont go wrong that bad boy but very pricey, which im sure your more than aware of.

ive been using the panasonic lumix fz38 for 18 months now as a bridge camera as it only a semi dslr, think ive just about mastered it and im now lookin to upgrade into the nikon range.

[​IMG]

3. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Point & click.

4. shendr18

Got Olympus tough waterproof, shockproof cause my good Olympus camera was to good to take out to everyday events or when hillwalking / snowboarding. The good Olympus is the sp something the one with the 26x zoom. It's in-between a point and shoot and Dslr.

Best places to buy the camera is simply electronics or on eBay (USA) the exchange rate is good and when shipping isn't to pricy you can get yourself some excellent deals. Got my Olympus tough for £ 89 including postage and goes for around £180 over here

5. Hydrobhoy

I've had a few dslr cameras and curently have the nikon d90 which is quality the pics are stunning and the HD video is top drawer. for around £699 that's a bargain. :50:

6. antokerr1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    all time=henke..present=Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    i had a canon 450d and i'd recommend it,easy to use and great pics

7. AmericanCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Skippy, JVoH, McCourt, Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I'm working for the company that does the advertising for Canon and I can tell you from all the tedious research I've had to do on the differences between Nikon and Canon, their DSLR ranges are almost identical - you really can't go wrong with either. Obviously I'm a bit biased towards Canon, but Nikon have the cheapest base-model DSLR, however Canon overall (in their full range of DSLRs) have the cheaper line-up. Quality wise, they're both pretty even. I know Canon is better for video taking, however. Let me know if you have any specific questions and I can get back to you! Best of luck :50: