1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Nae fans is saving his * for sure.

It's about to get real * bad.

Honestly, he could win the next 5 games and it still won't be enough. He's shown too much he won't change, he won't learn, he won't do anything for the fans or for these players.

The players are not playing for him, they aren't suddenly going to start.
    Even a big win against Motherwell did * all for the side.
    They still have the same issues with him.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Neil Lennon, the Celtic manager, will not voluntarily leave his managerial post despite coming under increasing pressure from the club support.

And it is also understood that the Parkhead manager retains the support of the Celtic hierarchy as they push for an historic tenth successive title.

Rangers stretched their lead at the top of the table to 11 points this weekend as they capitalised on Celtic’s draw at Easter Road against Hibs. Lennon’s side trailed 2-0 before a late Diego Laxalt equaliser levelled the game in the final minute.

The Parkhead side have played two games fewer than the Ibrox side.

Lennon has lost just one domestic game in 2020 but has come in for ferocious criticism from his own support following the Champions League exit to Ferencvaros and an insipid start to the league campaign. The club are currently bottom of their Europa League group after taking just one point so far from their opening three games.

Midfielder Callum McGregor spoke of a “disjointed” team in the aftermath of the sobering 4-1 defeat to a Sparta Prague team that were ravaged by Covid issues earlier this month and domestically performances have lacked conviction.

Rangers claimed the opening derby win of the season and the three league draws recorded against Hibs, Aberdeen and Kilmarnock have left Celtic trailing a Rangers side who are currently enjoying their best start to a season for 53 years.

The next chapter of games will be key to Lennon and his future at the club.

Celtic play Sparta Prague on Thursday night in the Europa League and Ross County this weekend in the League Cup. Celtic then have four home league games against St Johnstone, Kilmarnock, Ross County and Dundee United in December with just one away game to bottom of the table Hamilton before they go to Ibrox on January 2nd.

3. DonnyCelt

Well if its true that Lennon won't walk and that the board do back him then not only have they just kissed goodbye to 10IAR, they may as well not bother taking the banners off the seats because the fans will vote with their feet.

* spineless tory *.

Peej likes this.
  4. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
  5. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Think that's me out for a while... might say something I might regret about Lennon... Not sure why I'm disappointed or surprised I've been saying it all along he's going nowhere...

* shambles

Peej likes this.
  6. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    As has been said by many already, he knows this is his last opportunity at a club of any standing! Things fell off a cliff for him at Hibs, he won the lottery getting this job in May 2019. What else is there for him to do if he isn’t in the Celtic job? punditry? who with? BT? Who already have a more than full compliment as it is! Sport scene? RTE? Who both pay an absolute pittance compared to the “big boys”. This is the last meaningful job he will have in football, and he knows it.

DennyCelt and thailandceltic like this.
  7. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Not really sure what to say.

If/when Lennon leaves I would expect a permanent appointment, considering this board has had months to strategise and plan for every eventuality.

Even joking about it seems stupid.

8. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    No doubt mate...

Breathnach67 likes this.
  9. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

It’s actually * angered me that some are will to take this pish because “Rangers are better now” and “Rodgers had bad results too”.

* me.

Keano88, Bobo_, Raoul Duke and 4 others like this.
  10. DonnyCelt

By staying all he's doing is dragging us further and further down. That's not the actions of someone with the clubs best interests at heart.

If you love someone you'll let them go?
    Not choke them to death in a loveless relationship.

Just * go Neil.

Breathnach67 and Peej like this.
  11. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    I think it's clear NL is going nowhere. I think the club need to open the biscuit tin and get him some decent backroom staff instead of two amateurs.

At least with Parker, Mjallby and Thompson the manager had guys he could trust. The players also had guys that had achieved something for Celtic and in their career. No offense to Kennedy and Strachan but they just don't look like they do much

12. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Exactly.
    Every day, every match, is one more he is stealing from us.

This has already gone too far that most fans are sick of the sight of him as our manager, but as this now rolls on he is going to turn people against him.

13. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

if lennys not coaching the team and is just doing the office manager part why does he always wear trackies ?

strachan started us on the road to the total possession game we play it might not be a bad shout to bring him back in if when lennon leaves and he done it with very much less technical players

14. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    Who do we get in if he does go?? I can't think of many top coaches that would come to us.

15. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I'll state the obvious, I'd love for him to turn it around and win the league this season. The next day though, I want him gone. This has been an absolute disaster with a lot of bad luck thrown in as well to be fair. There are just too many times though doesn't change things, his attitude stinks at times. He doesn't seem to learn the lesson from the last game(huns outplayed us so we just did the exact same next game).

Only just brought myself to watch his interview after the Hibs game there. I was stunned at his lack of concern and ability to make * jokes. I don't think the players respect him, Bitton and Frimpong disgusted me at not chasing that PK in.

MagicBallBhoy and Peej like this.
  16. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    The suggestion thread is filled with names man, plenty of names out there that would command respect, being a vision, bring structure to the setup.
    Plenty that would show forward thinking and a real football ethos and modern approach to coaching and fitness.

Also some wild names well out our reach but more than plenty being mentioned who would do well here.

We just need the board to have the balls (or the sense) to go and make contact with a host of these names and not just fall back on the usual methods "who's the most celticy name we can find in the UK who's desperate for a job"

17. DonnyCelt

Honestly the sight of him sitting motionless in the dugout, without a plan or so much as a motivational rant is making it harder and harder to even have the will to watch the game.

He knows he's finished, he knows he cannot get the players on side. So why continue to drag the club down? Because he's to * selfish.

Peej likes this.
  18. oh bhoy

the only thing strachan started was booing the team off the pitch

cat123 likes this.
  19. cat123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tom Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Fields Of Athenry
    I don't know if anyone decent that doesn't know DD personally would want to work under Lawwel.

That's why Lennon left the first time and they got Ronny We got Rodgers because DD wanted him.

20. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

unless he really doesnt think its him thats the problem that there is something else going on that we dont know about that is the reason for terrible performances this season

and tbh i dont think the problem is just lennon hes not helping but i think theres more wrong here

i think that neil probably is of the mind that he would be leaving his beloved celtic in an absolute state if he left us now

DonnyCelt and cat123 like this.