1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    This is what I don’t get. Yes we’ve had injuries and players isolating but we have enough squad depth to drop players if they’re underperforming. Arguably they are not as good as the ones you are replacing but it’s a point of principle in my eyes. If you play * too often, you’re getting dropped regardless of who takes you’re place. Lenny doesn’t seem to do that therefore the players aren’t as fussed.
    Feel particularly for Soro and turnbull.
    By the same token, the players look * coz the lack of management is horrendous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luis1967 likes this.
  2. James Gold Member Gold Member

Aye that's a legit quote he said "I don't know what it is If we're giving them to much information or not enough but some of them are overthinking it at times" That was shortly after he said "Again I've had to change the shape to get us back in it"

He thinks he's doing a great job

3. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Aye he talks as if he’s the one bailing us out and the players are beneath him :giggle1:

James and neilly1987 like this.
  4. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    A manager who cares about what’s best for his football club.

Breathnach67 likes this.
  5. Sin

But we are not winning every match are we, if Lennon wants us to win every game he will step aside!

I'll take a day off when he * off!

Peej and PaddyBhoy like this.
  6. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Yes. A club that he doesn’t have an attachment to beyond his current position as their coach either. Unlike Neil “The Celtic Man” Lennon.

7. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail

We're still doing a lot of these things. And we have done little to address them. Both the coaching and those who are meant to run the club.

:31::31:

8. PaddyBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joos Valgaeren
    :giggle1:Aye we all want us to win every game. But weve won 2 in 9. And that is a sackable offence

9. ddub11

Ye being honest i miss the games when meath were half decent,anyway looking good for another All Ireland.

thailandceltic likes this.
  10. gandolf

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc and Mick
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Joe McDonnell
    No I have already said I believe we will win the next seven domestic games.

11. Ipswichbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Mate come on, we've had our pants pulled down in every important game and we have stumbled over the line in several domestic games. There are no signs of it improving at all.

12. CountyDownFaithful

He doesn’t deserve to take charge for the next game never mind the next 7.

If we’ve got a good run of fixtures then all the more reason to bring another manager in now and give them a good chance of making a strong start.

Take Europe out of the equation which has been a disaster, we’ve dropped points in nearly every tough fixture this season: Huns at home, Aberdeen away, Killie away, Hibs away.

Let a new manager come in and implement his style in the next 6/7 games which are all winnable so that the players are ready for the next derby and the tougher fixtures ahead.

13. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    You're deluded if you think this is just some bad luck.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Noskeil likes this.
  14. wulliebad

Yesterday did you think we would beat hibs,given your statement i think the answer is yes.After we drop our next point or points will you then think we will win the next 6 games....his time is up.

15. SuperZidane

I have always thought that Lennon was arrogant with an inflated opinion of his own abilities. Even during his first spell here - he always had a tendency to throw the players under the bus after a poor performance and never accept responsibility for anything.

I have no idea why he left in 2014 but I'm pretty sure he thought that he would definitely get either the West Brom or Norwich jobs which were open at that time. Clearly - the soccer world in England didn't have the same opinion of his abilities as he does.

Given his record at Bolton and Hibs, they were right.

I could understand bringing him in when Rodgers left as we were 8 points clear in the league but it should have been purely temporary.

The club has regressed massively in the last 18 months.

Lennon is totally delusional - with the exception of a couple of games, we have been total **** this season. In his after match comments - he talks about a different match that everybody else watched and, of course, his old standby of blaming the players (including Brown yesterday who has been his biggest supporter on the playing side).

I honestly think he believes that he is a top manager who has been let down by the players. The truth is that he is an average manger with little or no tactical ability. His record when he was here before is skewed by the fact that Sevco went broke in his first title season and weren't even in the league for the next two.

I'm fed up with all this "Celtic man" **** - if he were, he would resign for his own good and that of the club. However, I think he'll be lucky to get another job in football management.

I believe that, if the fans were in the stadium, DD would have no option but to react to the fans and try to arrange some sort of mutual consent deal with Lennon. I would prefer that but, as Lennon is clearly putting his own ego above success on the pitch - I really don't care if he ends up being sacked.

As it is, DD + PL can just turn a blind eye to it and are doing so. If and when action is taken, it'll be too late and almost certainly too little (Kennedy promoted to manger).

Lennon's legacy becomes more damaged as each game goes by - it'll almost certainly be the man who cost us 10IAR.

The_Bhoy, Rydo1888*, ciaran72 and 6 others like this.
  16. Markybhoy

Anyone still defending him? Probably.

I understand the loyalty. Really I do. Club before individual. Neil Lennon is the wrong man for this job. Go and go NOW.

Peej, LectersLuncheon and JamesM09 like this.
  17. Maestro 08

Lennon played most of his career under Martin O'Neill. It's safe to say he's probably his greatest influence.

O'Neill left the players to it. A man of few words who let the dressing room manage itself. He gave them a lot of leeway off the pitch and in interviews from players at the time they all say the same things. There was limited information given. They were expected to go out and win, however they saw fit. Luckily that happened more often than not. Multiple days off after games was the norm.

So when Lennon is getting tore into the players it's bcos that is genuinely how he sees it. Players take personal responsibility for the results and are accountable. We are better than the other team and should be beating them if you're not then it's on you as a player to sort it out.

The difference is, there was huge characters in that dressing room. They could handle that management style and in many cases enjoyed it. Most of the players of today won't respond to that style now. They want the micro management of a Brendan Rodgers and they want their egos massaged. Lennon is old school and the game has moved away from his outlook on it. His time at Hibs ended with him clashing with the players and putting a few of their noses out of joint and I think the same is happening here.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  18. JamesM09

I think this is right. Football has moved on.

Maestro 08 likes this.
  19. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    There is no reason why he should still be here.

If he wanted what was best for the club hed go now. Himself. Without having to be pushed.

It's just abject performance after performance. And it's not changing.

I could write paragraph after paragraph but what is the point? It's all been said 1 million times before. No other celtic manager would survive this. He has to go.

Tgriff67, Rydo1888*, Keano88 and 5 others like this.
  20. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I'd swap managers right now the way I'm feeling.

When Sparta beat us (again) then Lenny must accept that he is not up to the job