1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    can definitely see why people still want Lennon sacked and that’s easy enough to do but who comes in to turn it around in a few months

Quote tags fixed

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2020
  2. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Is that not our highly paid CEO’s job to find out?

@Slater67 its showing as none reply because your own quote is *!

Peej likes this.
  3. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

They tried to press 1st half but we moved the ball quick from the back and had a lot of movement up top. 2nd half we didn't have any of that and started playing slower which allowed the easy press by Motherwell on top of a lot of mistakes. Think it's the case of Brown slows down our play and only McGregor has pace in centre mid. Why Soro doesn't get game time I'll never understand.

4. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I reckon the game against the huns at the dossier-dome will be make or break for Lenny, assuming it dosen't go * up before that.

5. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Disappointed in him playing down the Red card incident. Another thing Lennon would have been all over before. No chance of him getting punished now as our own manager says he didn’t mean it and tried to pull out ffs.

Rydo1888* likes this.
  6. celtic warrior

Those within the industry and have the resource, who's job it is to scout and hired by our club should be well aware of what is available out there.

I'm in no position to start banding out names as the only ones I know are either unattainable because it's just bonkers unrealistic (Poch) or have questionable mental strength to deal with job (Howe)

In terms of what's left if only going by what I know you'd be left with the Steve Clarke types, with the man himself saying he'd never take up a role here.

The board will and should have the knowledge of who they can attain, someone of the ilk of Rodgers should not be unreachable for them, should they actually show some * ambition.

7. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Every game from today until that game is make or break, there’s no margin for error.

Europe can be parked for now, although another tanking there won’t help him, domestically we have 3 games prior to the Cup Final on the 25th then obviously the manks shortly after.

We are walking a tightrope the rest of 2020.

8. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Cup final on Christmas Day mate, wouldn’t have minded that right enough, few beverages on Christmas Day watching us winning a quadruple treble live rather than an old cd present of years gone by lol

Metrobhoy, _DannyBhoy_ and Ciaran_67 like this.
  9. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Haha a know mate- dunno wit the * happened, did that a few times now- was hoping no one noticed lol

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  10. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I think at this point the Board would say that they cannot get rid of a manager when there is only a potential 3 points of a gap, i think that would be Lenny's defence.

It's a kind of a catch 22, with no magic wand solution, can only hope we will kick on after the International break.

Rydo1888* and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  11. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Then again the international break would be the best time for a major reset as it’s only the players away. I would love nothing more than Lennon turning our season around, but even today there was signs that nothing has changed or will do.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
  12. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Cannae even blame that one on autocorrect :56:

Make it the 25th, * it, it’ll get me out of basting the Turkey.

13. stew37

If the huns get any of our luck this season, they'll lose a few players to injuries and testing positive over the international break. Usually don't want a break but who knows, maybe it will work in our favour.

14. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    They (Lawwell) OK-ed him staying full-time...in the showers. If he screws this up, the egg will be on their faces.

I want Lennon to succeed, even though his failure could undermine Lawwell, whom I hate more than Huns. Lennon probably takes 10IAR as a personal goal, since he started it. However, knowing his struggles in the past, he might be suffering from the pressure. Stepping down would be safe, but would he agree? He has stared a 3-0 loss at HT down, in the face of a likely sack, and survived. Today needs to be the start of a consistent streak.

15. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Agree with a lot of that mate, but You hate lawell more than the Huns, come on, surely not, there’s hate and then there’s Huns hate

Dan Breen likes this.
  16. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I hate dishonest, deceitful behavior more than open rage and violence. Huns are mentally ill. Lawwell is a cunning, greedy man who does not care about football as a sport. He screewed Lennon over in his first stint. After Lennon delivered great European results. I suppose Lennon forgave him, and even I'm starting to think Lawwell gave Lennon the job because he is overjoyed to again be able to manage the club he's given so much to. While being...financially a trivial burden compared to a big name.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
    freitassen likes this.
  17. Sgt Neppers*

Do we honestly see Lennon producing a tactical masterclass in that game. He has been handed his * in everyone of the last 3. The regression hasn't been the past couple of weeks. It's been nigh on 2 years. 2 years throughout all aspects of the squad. This isn't a corner that needs turning or a blip in the road. It's far more severe than that. The fact that were only 1 game in the league from really struggling, whilst hoping we don't drop points isn't good enough.

Seize the day, be bold, brave and clear the decks. Get a new management team in for the next 5 years.

The Prof and DennyCelt like this.
  18. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Think yesterday has bought him more time, unfortunately.

19. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Always going to happen... its bought him more time with some fans but as I have said many times he will be here till the end of the season no matter what...or he will walk just before it's too late blaming anyone and anyone bar himself...

If he wasnt sacked last week after getting humiliated by some diddy clubs youth team at home I really cant see how or when it will happen this season....

20. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Many fans thought the corner had been turned after the draw with Lille and then the Aberdeen win. Then came the Sparta humiliation. The win yesterday was another one of those corners however, there's only so many corners you can turn before you come to a dead end.